[split] First time drug experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 07:21 PM
RE: First time drug experience
(24-02-2014 07:05 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 03:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Ok. Well I didn't know Sagan personally, but I wonder what kind of potential he could have reached if he was not doped out of his mind. As a psychoactive drug, marijuana surely alters mental functioning.

Smoking marijuana can injure mucosal tissue and may have more carcinogenic potential than tobacco. Research has indicated that marijuana intoxication definitely hinders attention, long-term memory storage, and psychomotor skills involved in driving a car or flying a plane. Expectations and past experience with marijuana have often influenced results more than pharmacological aspects have. Marijuana has triggered psychotic episodes in those more vulnerable. Psychological and some instances of physiological dependence on marijuana have been demonstrated.

It should come to no surprise why I wouldn't be advocating anyone sign up for that.

If you are a self proclaimed "pothead" then yes, I think you have loserish behavioral tendencies. Surely you recognize the difference between a recreational user and habitual user. If you have to be stoned every day, there is something somewhat loserish about that.

And you mentioned 1 person (Sagan), who made something of himself while smoking pot habitually. However, as I said, I personally do not know a single person who smoked pot on a daily basis and actually did much of anything with their life.

Why do you give a crap what I - or anyone else - thinks of you? Do we know each other? I mean, seriously..why do you give a rat crap what someone on the internet thinks of - not necessarily of you - but of your cannabis smoking behavior.

pssstt...if you chased the bottom of a bottle every night, I'd tell you that was loserish too.
I don't care what anyone thinks. I never did. I just don't like blanket statements like 'potheads are losers.' Just like I don't like statements such as 'atheists have no morals.' But hey it's ok to be as the religious are and spout bullshit if it fits whatever agenda you might have. Right?

I don't have any agenda, fella. Unless the agenda is self preservation. In which case, we are all guilty of applying blanket generalizations for our own protection.

I don't really hang out with or waste energy or friendships on habitual drug users, including pot or alcohol. Why? Self preservation. Maybe nothing would happen. But maybe they will steal meds from me like my BIL did after my surgery?

Same reason I don't wear a hooker's uniform in dark alleys full of strange men. Maybe they will be perfect gentlemen, but I'm happy with my discrimination in avoiding those men and those situations.

I openly admit that I discriminate against anyone who is a habitual drug user (including alcohol) for purely recreational purposes. It never ended well for me. I've seen it ruin too many lives.

You might be a high functioning drunk, but you are a drunk nonetheless.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2014, 07:25 PM
(24-02-2014 07:21 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 07:05 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I don't care what anyone thinks. I never did. I just don't like blanket statements like 'potheads are losers.' Just like I don't like statements such as 'atheists have no morals.' But hey it's ok to be as the religious are and spout bullshit if it fits whatever agenda you might have. Right?

I don't have any agenda, fella. Unless the agenda is self preservation. In which case, we are all guilty of applying blanket generalizations for our own protection.

I don't really hang out with or waste energy or friendships on habitual drug users, including pot or alcohol. Why? Self preservation. Maybe nothing would happen. But maybe they will steal meds from me like my BIL did after my surgery?

Same reason I don't wear a hooker's uniform in dark alleys full of strange men. Maybe they will be perfect gentlemen, but I'm happy with my discrimination in avoiding those men and those situations.

I openly admit that I discriminate against anyone who is a habitual drug user (including alcohol) for purely recreational purposes. It never ended well for me. I've seen it ruin too many lives.

You never get drunk? Gasp
Get out of my sight Angry
Tongue

24-02-2014, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 07:30 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-02-2014 07:05 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I don't care what anyone thinks. I never did. I just don't like blanket statements like 'potheads are losers.' Just like I don't like statements such as 'atheists have no morals.' But hey it's ok to be as the religious are and spout bullshit if it fits whatever agenda you might have. Right?

Cathy's admitted her ignorance on reefer. That qualifies as a retraction. No call to beat up on her anymore over it.

(24-02-2014 07:21 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  You might be a high functioning drunk, but you are a drunk nonetheless.

Point taken.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
24-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Cathym, if you really want to learn some interesting stuff, head over to the Official Cannabis Thread. I am always happy to answer questions there. There's tons of pot myths, and it's actually perfectly understandable that you have a bad impression of MJ. But it's WAY too much of a derail to get into that here.

Plus....we have brownies.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
24-02-2014, 07:29 PM
(24-02-2014 07:25 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 07:21 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I don't have any agenda, fella. Unless the agenda is self preservation. In which case, we are all guilty of applying blanket generalizations for our own protection.

You never get drunk? Gasp
Tongue

Of course I do! Getting drunk and being a drunk are different things, you lugnut!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
24-02-2014, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 07:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-02-2014 07:29 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 07:25 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  You never get drunk? Gasp
Tongue

Of course I do! Getting drunk and being a drunk are different things, you lugnut!

It's a slippery slope in this drunk's experience.

A clever mod would know how to separate the pot talk from this thread and merge it with Stark's Official Cannabis Thread but odds are they're too fucking stoned to even notice let alone give a shit. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-02-2014, 07:36 PM
(24-02-2014 07:29 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Cathym, if you really want to learn some interesting stuff, head over to the Official Cannabis Thread. I am always happy to answer questions there. There's tons of pot myths, and it's actually perfectly understandable that you have a bad impression of MJ. But it's WAY too much of a derail to get into that here.

Plus....we have brownies.

It's just my personal experience with every pothead I know. Not necessarily "myths" about it.

24-02-2014, 07:36 PM
(24-02-2014 07:29 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 07:25 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  You never get drunk? Gasp
Tongue

I was joking with you, stooge Tongue
I know what you're talking about. I'm done with the illegal drugs not necessarily because I'm afraid of getting addicted to any of them, but because I don't want to have to deal with all the shady motherfuckers selling them until I find another I "trust" Undecided
I think I'd trust Stark not to lace my shit Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
24-02-2014, 07:42 PM
(24-02-2014 07:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 07:29 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Of course I do! Getting drunk and being a drunk are different things, you lugnut!

It's a slippery slope in this drunk's experience

You a drunk, Girly? I'm very sorry to hear that. Who do you think you are, a Kennedy?

24-02-2014, 07:57 PM
(24-02-2014 07:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 07:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's a slippery slope in this drunk's experience

You a drunk, Girly? I'm very sorry to hear that. Who do you think you are, a Kennedy?

No no, just another "high functional drunk" with 2 world-class livers and 4 kidneys. ... It's not a blessing, it's a curse. Weeping

Stark and friends should work on a strain which mimics the effects of alcohol. Ain't gonna be easy. Best they might be able to do is an alcohol agonist which at least reduces the amount of alcohol required for the drunk.