I'm sure there are more.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
25-02-2014, 12:25 PM
RE: [split] First time drug experience
(24-02-2014 03:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 03:39 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I have a problem with your assertion that potheads are losers. I assure you I'm no loser. I'm also not demotivated and I know many potheads that are very successful. There are also some famous people that are potheads such as Sagan as I stated before.You can look that up and see, using evidence that pot does not always demotivate. That said I agree that kids shouldn't do drugs. Not of any kind really.

I will say that I grew up in a house dominated by alcohol abuse but none of the grey haired,blue suit wearing, religion shouting morons will admit to the fact that alcohol is far more dangerous than pot.
Your kid shouldn't smoke pot but there is a lot worse s/he could do.

Ok. Well I didn't know Sagan personally, but I wonder what kind of potential he could have reached if he was not doped out of his mind. As a psychoactive drug, marijuana surely alters mental functioning.

Smoking marijuana can injure mucosal tissue and may have more carcinogenic potential than tobacco. Research has indicated that marijuana intoxication definitely hinders attention, long-term memory storage, and psychomotor skills involved in driving a car or flying a plane. Expectations and past experience with marijuana have often influenced results more than pharmacological aspects have. Marijuana has triggered psychotic episodes in those more vulnerable. Psychological and some instances of physiological dependence on marijuana have been demonstrated.

It should come to no surprise why I wouldn't be advocating anyone sign up for that.

If you are a self proclaimed "pothead" then yes, I think you have loserish behavioral tendencies. Surely you recognize the difference between a recreational user and habitual user. If you have to be stoned every day, there is something somewhat loserish about that.

And you mentioned 1 person (Sagan), who made something of himself while smoking pot habitually. However, as I said, I personally do not know a single person who smoked pot on a daily basis and actually did much of anything with their life.

Why do you give a crap what I - or anyone else - thinks of you? Do we know each other? I mean, seriously..why do you give a rat crap what someone on the internet thinks of - not necessarily of you - but of your cannabis smoking behavior.

pssstt...if you chased the bottom of a bottle every night, I'd tell you that was loserish too.

OH, look, she's a fucking poster child for Project ScAM! What, are you actually Christine TURDstone in drag?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-02-2014, 12:31 PM
(24-02-2014 05:28 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Lets be clear. I am not talking about the occasional or recreational user. I'm talking about the habitual user. Everyday. Several times a day. Never sober drug user.

And you are using that "habitual user" to strawman everyone that uses it at all. Quit being a disingenuous fuckwit.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Taq, be cool brother. The discussion is bound to get heated, but it's a chance for both sides to learn something. I get pissed off too, but opponent doesn't have to mean enemy. These are our friends, so let's thump em in the head for being dipshits, and try not to get TOO nasty doing it.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
25-02-2014, 12:39 PM
(25-02-2014 12:25 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(24-02-2014 03:59 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Ok. Well I didn't know Sagan personally, but I wonder what kind of potential he could have reached if he was not doped out of his mind. As a psychoactive drug, marijuana surely alters mental functioning.

Smoking marijuana can injure mucosal tissue and may have more carcinogenic potential than tobacco. Research has indicated that marijuana intoxication definitely hinders attention, long-term memory storage, and psychomotor skills involved in driving a car or flying a plane. Expectations and past experience with marijuana have often influenced results more than pharmacological aspects have. Marijuana has triggered psychotic episodes in those more vulnerable. Psychological and some instances of physiological dependence on marijuana have been demonstrated.

It should come to no surprise why I wouldn't be advocating anyone sign up for that.

If you are a self proclaimed "pothead" then yes, I think you have loserish behavioral tendencies. Surely you recognize the difference between a recreational user and habitual user. If you have to be stoned every day, there is something somewhat loserish about that.

And you mentioned 1 person (Sagan), who made something of himself while smoking pot habitually. However, as I said, I personally do not know a single person who smoked pot on a daily basis and actually did much of anything with their life.

Why do you give a crap what I - or anyone else - thinks of you? Do we know each other? I mean, seriously..why do you give a rat crap what someone on the internet thinks of - not necessarily of you - but of your cannabis smoking behavior.

pssstt...if you chased the bottom of a bottle every night, I'd tell you that was loserish too.

OH, look, she's a fucking poster child for Project ScAM! What, are you actually Christine TURDstone in drag?

i have no idea what that Project Sam is, or who that person is. I have seen what drug use does to people. There is no defense of that.

My childhood friend's brother growing up was a huge pothead. Pretty soon pot stopped doing it for him, and he switched to crack. I'm not sure the circumstances surrounding his death, but he destroyed his life completely.

Excuse me if I don't advocate for people escaping reality on a habitual basis. Not sure why you got your panties in a twist over my personal opinion on drugs. Maybe you need a joint to chill out?Laugh out load

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
25-02-2014, 12:42 PM
(25-02-2014 12:23 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  10 most successful potheads on the planet

I'm sure there are more.

I'm sure there are some people whose lives didn't turn out so great. What is your point?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
25-02-2014, 12:44 PM
(25-02-2014 12:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 12:23 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  10 most successful potheads on the planet

I'm sure there are more.

I'm sure there are some people whose lives didn't turn out so great. What is your point?

just that not all habitual users are losers.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
25-02-2014, 12:45 PM
(25-02-2014 12:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  

I'm sure there are more.

Life went south for these potheads. ;-)

25-02-2014, 12:46 PM
(25-02-2014 12:44 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 12:42 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm sure there are some people whose lives didn't turn out so great. What is your point?

just that not all habitual users are losers.

I still think anyone who uses habitual drugs might be a good person, but its a loser behavior to be stoned all the time.

25-02-2014, 12:49 PM
(25-02-2014 12:16 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-02-2014 11:09 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  You cannot defend drugs while at the same time question why believers defend faith delusions. They are both an escape from reality.
What, did you just fall off the D.A.R.E turnip truck?

you are getting awfully defensive regarding drug use....you paranoid or something, TM?