[split] From Fundamental Evangelicalism to Orthodox Christianity to Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-08-2014, 01:23 PM
RE: [split] From Fundamental Evangelicalism to Orthodox Christianity to Atheism
(22-08-2014 01:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-08-2014 11:54 AM)JimFit Wrote:  No he doesn't, Jesus was clear whoever tried to justified evil actions to God he is not following God but his Ego. Jesus came to restore our relationship with God because the people in the Old Testament lost their way to salvation.

Here you go: http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

A list of explicit verses (only a google search away) where God commands, condones and carries out murder.

Some choice samples:
Quote:Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
No dick in wrong hole.

Quote:Death for Fornication
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
Burned to death? Sounds like commanding murder to me. And for something entirely not fucking wrong.

Quote:More Rape and Baby Killing

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

So now, my dear chap, you have been proven wrong. You may look these verses up in your bible - there is nothing made up there. I look forward to your drivel-ridden, contorted and illogical explanation for why your God, the one you worship, the "God of Love", is such a massive asshole.

Have a nice day Smile

We don't believe in the Mosaic Law, Jesus came to abolish any Law that had to do with God i already told you that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-08-2014, 01:25 PM
http://www.evilbible.com/Rape.htm

Quote:4) Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? Answer: God.

5) Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

It is clear that God doesn't give a damn about the rape victim. He is only concerned about the violation of another mans "property".

You want us to worship this fella?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-08-2014, 01:28 PM
(22-08-2014 01:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  http://www.evilbible.com/Rape.htm

Quote:4) Laws of Rape (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? Answer: God.

5) Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

It is clear that God doesn't give a damn about the rape victim. He is only concerned about the violation of another mans "property".

You want us to worship this fella?

We don't believe in the Mosaic Law, Jesus came to abolish any Law that had to do with God i already told you that.
22-08-2014, 01:28 PM
(22-08-2014 01:23 PM)JimFit Wrote:  We don't believe in the Mosaic Law, Jesus came to abolish any Law that had to do with God i already told you that.

Who's we, Kemosabe?

Quote:Infidels and Gays Should Die

So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies. Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too. (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

Quote:Peter Kills Two People

There was also a man named Ananias who, with his wife, Sapphira, sold some property. He brought part of the money to the apostles, but he claimed it was the full amount. His wife had agreed to this deception. Then Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart? You lied to the Holy Spirit, and you kept some of the money for yourself. The property was yours to sell or not sell, as you wished. And after selling it, the money was yours to give away. How could you do a thing like this? You weren't lying to us but to God." As soon as Ananias heard these words, he fell to the floor and died. Everyone who heard about it was terrified. Then some young men wrapped him in a sheet and took him out and buried him. About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. Peter asked her, "Was this the price you and your husband received for your land?" "Yes," she replied, "that was the price." And Peter said, "How could the two of you even think of doing a thing like this – conspiring together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Just outside that door are the young men who buried your husband, and they will carry you out, too." Instantly, she fell to the floor and died. When the young men came in and saw that she was dead, they carried her out and buried her beside her husband. Great fear gripped the entire church and all others who heard what had happened. (Acts 5:1-11 NLT)

I took the trouble to find you some more quotes (from the same page I already linked you to - so you could have looked too) from the *new* testament. Your God is still a prick.

Anyway, why should I worship a reformed prick?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
22-08-2014, 01:32 PM
(22-08-2014 01:23 PM)JimFit Wrote:  
(22-08-2014 01:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  Here you go: http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

A list of explicit verses (only a google search away) where God commands, condones and carries out murder.

Some choice samples:
No dick in wrong hole.

Burned to death? Sounds like commanding murder to me. And for something entirely not fucking wrong.

So now, my dear chap, you have been proven wrong. You may look these verses up in your bible - there is nothing made up there. I look forward to your drivel-ridden, contorted and illogical explanation for why your God, the one you worship, the "God of Love", is such a massive asshole.

Have a nice day Smile

Wrong. If you believe the gospels are accurate then that is a false statement. I give you Matthew 5:17. In several different versions.

Quote:New International Version
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

New Living Translation
"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose.

English Standard Version
“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

New American Standard Bible
"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

King James Bible
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
"Don't assume that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

International Standard Version
"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I didn't come to destroy them, but to fulfill them,

NET Bible
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have not come to abolish these things but to fulfill them.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Do not think that I have come to revoke The Written Law or The Prophets; I am not come to revoke but to fulfill.

GOD'S WORD Translation
"Don't ever think that I came to set aside Moses' Teachings or the Prophets. I didn't come to set them aside but to make them come true.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Think not that I am come to undo the law or the prophets; I am not come to undo, but to fulfil.

King James 2000 Bible
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

American King James Version
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

American Standard Version
Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Do not think that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

Darby Bible Translation
Think not that I am come to make void the law or the prophets; I am not come to make void, but to fulfil.

English Revised Version
Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfill.

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
"Do not for a moment suppose that I have come to abrogate the Law or the Prophets: I have not come to abrogate them but to give them their completion.

World English Bible
"Don't think that I came to destroy the law or the prophets. I didn't come to destroy, but to fulfill.

Young's Literal Translation
'Do not suppose that I came to throw down the law or the prophets -- I did not come to throw down, but to fulfil;
[+] 4 users Like wazzel's post
22-08-2014, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2014 02:45 PM by Grasshopper.)
(22-08-2014 12:51 PM)JimFit Wrote:  
(22-08-2014 12:09 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Richard Carrier

http://www.richardcarrier.info/

That was easy. I'm sure there are others, but Carrier came immediately to mind.

You know that Richard Carrier is a mythicist right?

Here is the debunk by the Atheist scholar Bart Ehrman

http://ehrmanblog.org/fuller-reply-to-richard-carrier/

if you don't like to read here is the video ( i previously upload it but you obviously didn't watch it)

Yes, I'm aware that Carrier is a "mythicist". That means that he believes Jesus is mythical rather than historical. That in itself does not discredit him. You asked a question "Show me one scholar...", and I gave an answer. Carrier is a scholar who doubts the historicity of Jesus.

I'm also well aware that Bart Ehrman disagrees with Carrier. This does not constitute "debunking". Scholars disagree with each other regularly. Carrier and Ehrman disagree. So what? Either could be wrong. Edited to add: For what it's worth, I agree with Ehrman -- I think Jesus probably did exist as a historical person; I just don't believe that he was divine. However, I respect Carrier's opinion.

And finally, no, I did not watch any video. I'm at work, and don't have the ability to watch videos. But that's beside the point. You asked for a scholar who doubted the hostoricity of Jesus, and I provided one. End of story.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
22-08-2014, 02:15 PM
(22-08-2014 11:59 AM)JimFit Wrote:  
(22-08-2014 07:17 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  All life has a metabolism.

Does rocks have metabolism?

No.
22-08-2014, 02:29 PM
(22-08-2014 11:56 AM)JimFit Wrote:  Everything breaks down to atoms, atoms have structure therefor even the rocks are alive?

The only feature common to all forms of life is that it has a metabolism.

Rocks don't have a metabolism.

Maybe you need to find out what a metabolism is before asking any more questions about what life is?

In short a metabolism takes in high grade free energy from the environment that can be used to perform work and breaks it down into low grade free energy and most often produces waste. This is used to maintain a consistent pattern that resists entropy on a local scale.

This is a chemical process in all forms of natural life as we know it.

You are obsessed with matter and atoms but the fundamental thing that you are ignoring is the flow of energy through the matter. This is what makes you alive rather than a corpse. This is what makes you able to think rather than ... be ... braindead ... Consider

(22-08-2014 11:56 AM)JimFit Wrote:  If life came from non life then everything around us is alive.

'Alive' is a human concept to describe a sliding scale of objects that perform dynamic activity but no, not everything is alive because not all material structures manage to harness a thermodynamic gradient to perform work.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
22-08-2014, 03:08 PM
(22-08-2014 02:07 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-08-2014 12:51 PM)JimFit Wrote:  You know that Richard Carrier is a mythicist right?

Here is the debunk by the Atheist scholar Bart Ehrman

http://ehrmanblog.org/fuller-reply-to-richard-carrier/

if you don't like to read here is the video ( i previously upload it but you obviously didn't watch it)

Yes, I'm aware that Carrier is a "mythicist". That means that he believes Jesus is mythical rather than historical. That in itself does not discredit him. You asked a question "Show me one scholar...", and I gave an answer. Carrier is a scholar who doubts the historicity of Jesus.

I'm also well aware that Bart Ehrman disagrees with Carrier. This does not constitute "debunking". Scholars disagree with each other regularly. Carrier and Ehrman disagree. So what? Either could be wrong. Edited to add: For what it's worth, I agree with Ehrman -- I think Jesus probably did exist as a historical person; I just don't believe that he was divine. However, I respect Carrier's opinion.

And finally, no, I did not watch any video. I'm at work, and don't have the ability to watch videos. But that's beside the point. You asked for a scholar who doubted the hostoricity of Jesus, and I provided one. End of story.

The difference between Bart Ehrman and the wacko Carrier is that Bart use proof to debunk him, Carrier only does this "EVERYTHING IS FAKE LA LA LA I DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS LA LA LA LA" He is wrong and the scholars have debunked him but you atheists still use him as a priest of your religion (nothingness randomness and luck).
22-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Any word on why we should worship a dick like your stupid God?