[split] Fruitcake-o-meter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2014, 04:41 PM
[split] Fruitcake-o-meter
Hey Rinpoche, maybe in Atheism and Theism or in Philosophy section you can make a thread where we can mock you discuss your version of Bhuddism.

As you may be aware I'm pretty anti and it's highly unlikely that you're gonna say anything profound (IMO), but since you're here you might as well.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-07-2014, 04:43 PM
RE: Fruitcake-o-meter
(02-07-2014 04:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hey Rinpoche, maybe in Atheism and Theism or in Philosophy section you can make a thread where we can mock you discuss your version of Bhuddism.

As you may be aware I'm pretty anti and it's highly unlikely that you're gonna say anything profound (IMO), but since you're here you might as well.

Um, maybe, at some point. The Boxing Ring, in The Coliseum seems a more appropriate setting, but if it's strictly discussion, then I'm all for it.
02-07-2014, 04:46 PM
(02-07-2014 04:43 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 04:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hey Rinpoche, maybe in Atheism and Theism or in Philosophy section you can make a thread where we can mock you discuss your version of Bhuddism.

Um, maybe, at some point. The Boxing Ring, in The Coliseum seems a more appropriate setting, but if it's strictly discussion, then I'm all for it.

Whenever you're ready to post it...
02-07-2014, 04:56 PM
(02-07-2014 04:43 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  Um, maybe, at some point. The Boxing Ring, in The Coliseum seems a more appropriate setting, but if it's strictly discussion, then I'm all for it.

I don't follow? Discussion means shooting the shit as far as I'm concerned, i.e. anything goes.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
02-07-2014, 04:59 PM
(02-07-2014 04:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 04:43 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  Um, maybe, at some point. The Boxing Ring, in The Coliseum seems a more appropriate setting, but if it's strictly discussion, then I'm all for it.

I don't follow? Discussion means shooting the shit as far as I'm concerned, i.e. anything goes.

Oh, what your proposed sounded like a debate on the Tathagata's noble Works.

What I proposed was more of a discussion, because some users have been taking offense to my debate by seeking out my posts to ridicule them in a unsportspersonlike way. Or so it seemed to me. If anyone challenges me, I'll answer, but if put to my own terms, I'll start more of an interfaith dialogue convo.
02-07-2014, 05:09 PM
(02-07-2014 04:59 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 04:56 PM)morondog Wrote:  I don't follow? Discussion means shooting the shit as far as I'm concerned, i.e. anything goes.

Oh, what your proposed sounded like a debate on the Tathagata's noble Works.

What I proposed was more of a discussion, because some users have been taking offense to my debate by seeking out my posts to ridicule them in a unsportspersonlike way. Or so it seemed to me. If anyone challenges me, I'll answer, but if put to my own terms, I'll start more of an interfaith dialogue convo.

Um... how can we ridicule you in a sportsmanlike way? Is this like bird hunting where you have to wait for the birdie to be in motion before you annhilate the fuck out of the lil' guy?

Look, you *ain't* gonna find respect here. If you make a statement it will be challenged. That's just how things are. Interfaith dialogue? Dude. We have no faith for you to have dialogue with. No faith in gods and no faith in magical bhuddas either.

What I was asking for is basically, you've already made a few statements in various threads about his greatness Buddha III, and there's been a bit of back and forth - let's not derail e.g. the introduction thread, let's have it from the horse's mouth, *what* exactly are you saying is so great about Buddha III?

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-07-2014, 05:11 PM
(02-07-2014 05:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 04:59 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  Oh, what your proposed sounded like a debate on the Tathagata's noble Works.

Um... how can we ridicule you in a sportsmanlike way? Is this like bird hunting where you have to wait for the birdie to be in motion before you annhilate the fuck out of the lil' guy?

Look, you *ain't* gonna find respect here. If you make a statement it will be challenged. That's just how things are. Interfaith dialogue? Dude. We have no faith for you to have dialogue with. No faith in gods and no faith in magical bhuddas either.

What I was asking for is basically, you've already made a few statements in various threads about his greatness Buddha III, and there's been a bit of back and forth - let's not derail e.g. the introduction thread, let's have it from the horse's mouth, *what* exactly are you saying is so great about Buddha III?

I think that that is a good question! And I do appologize over the intro thread, though another user started it by dissecting my intro. I felt obligated to respond.
02-07-2014, 05:15 PM
(02-07-2014 05:11 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 05:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  Um... how can we ridicule you in a sportsmanlike way? Is this like bird hunting where you have to wait for the birdie to be in motion before you annhilate the fuck out of the lil' guy?

I think that that is a good question! And I do appologize over the intro thread, though another user started it by dissecting my intro. I felt obligated to respond.
So what is so great about the guy?
02-07-2014, 05:15 PM
(02-07-2014 05:11 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 05:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  *what* exactly are you saying is so great about Buddha III?

No worries, you're new Wink I also contributed but I got no excuse.

02-07-2014, 05:24 PM
(02-07-2014 05:15 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 05:11 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  I think that that is a good question! And I do appologize over the intro thread, though another user started it by dissecting my intro. I felt obligated to respond.
So what is so great about the guy?

From a non-Buddhist viewpoint he is a magnanimous and magnificent man who has recieved the world peace prize for his compassion.

From a Buddhist perspective he is the reason Siddhartha received the Perfection Dharma. He is the primordial Buddha, the first Buddha in history to receive recognition and congratulations from so many Dharma masters! (Much evidence on pg. 105 of True Buddha Dharma)