[split] Fruitcake-o-meter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2014, 05:39 PM
RE: Fruitcake-o-meter
(02-07-2014 05:24 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 05:15 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  So what is so great about the guy?

From a non-Buddhist viewpoint he is a magnanimous and magnificent man who has recieved the world peace prize for his compassion.

From a Buddhist perspective he is the reason Siddhartha received the Perfection Dharma. He is the primordial Buddha, the first Buddha in history to receive recognition and congratulations from so many Dharma masters! (Much evidence on pg. 105 of True Buddha Dharma)

I'll address those two points.

1. The world peace prize? This seems to be a slightly spurious award as I can find no reference to Dorje Chang's receipt of it on any reputable news source. However that is not to detract from his actions if true - if he has done half the things that the prize claims then fair enough, but I then question why you need to follow him.

I respect and admire many people for their humanistic principles and actions but that does not mean that they are a) above criticism or b) that I need to follow them.

2. Please provide evidence that he is the primordial Buddha - whatever that should mean. Recognition from within the faith is not evidence - it would be like someone saying they could speak in tongues on the evidences of preachers.

Added to that - if he is the reincarnation of Siddharta - which I don't believe but I'll run with for the sake of my point - what is so special about that? Just because Siddharta was arguably the first person to achieve documented enlightenment does not make him any more special than those who had achieved that spiritual state before him but did not have it recorded.

Please answer these points.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: Fruitcake-o-meter
(02-07-2014 05:39 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 05:24 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  From a non-Buddhist viewpoint he is a magnanimous and magnificent man who has recieved the world peace prize for his compassion.

From a Buddhist perspective he is the reason Siddhartha received the Perfection Dharma. He is the primordial Buddha, the first Buddha in history to receive recognition and congratulations from so many Dharma masters! (Much evidence on pg. 105 of True Buddha Dharma)

I'll address those two points.

1. The world peace prize? This seems to be a slightly spurious award as I can find no reference to Dorje Chang's receipt of it on any reputable news source. However that is not to detract from his actions if true - if he has done half the things that the prize claims then fair enough, but I then question why you need to follow him.

I respect and admire many people for their humanistic principles and actions but that does not mean that they are a) above criticism or b) that I need to follow them.

2. Please provide evidence that he is the primordial Buddha - whatever that should mean. Recognition from within the faith is not evidence - it would be like someone saying they could speak in tongues on the evidences of preachers.

Added to that - if he is the reincarnation of Siddharta - which I don't believe but I'll run with for the sake of my point - what is so special about that? Just because Siddharta was arguably the first person to achieve documented enlightenment does not make him any more special than those who had achieved that spiritual state before him but did not have it recorded.

HH Dorje Chang Buddha III is two Buddha-Levels above Shakyamuni Siddartha Buddha.

HH Dorje Chang Buddha III == Vajradhara Buddha, the Universe's first Buddha

Shakyamuni Buddha == Shakyamuni Buddha, who has entered parinirvana and thus cannot be reincarnated.

Dorje Chang transmitted to Great Dharma Vehicle Penor, who transmitted to Shakyamuni.
02-07-2014, 05:50 PM
(02-07-2014 05:48 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 05:39 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  I'll address those two points.

HH Dorje Chang Buddha III is two Buddha-Levels above Shakyamuni Siddartha Buddha.

Shakyamuni Buddha == Shakyamuni Buddha, who has entered parinirvana and thus cannot be reincarnated.

Dorje Chang transmitted to Great Dharma Vehicle Penor, who transmitted to Shakyamuni.

So you didn't answer the points I asked you to answer - would you like another try?
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
02-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Here is the Congressional report passing the motion to Award His Holiness the prize:
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/sres505/text
02-07-2014, 05:55 PM
His Holiness isn't Siddhartha, he is The Holiest Tathagata, the master of the Three Vajras.

Siddartha has entered Parinirvana and cannot be reincarnated.
02-07-2014, 05:55 PM
RE: [split] Fruitcake-o-meter
(02-07-2014 05:48 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 05:39 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  I'll address those two points.

You just broke my fruitcake meter. You owe me.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-07-2014, 05:57 PM
(02-07-2014 05:50 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  would you like another try?

This is exactly the kind of patronizing nonsense that made me want to leave my first thread in the first place.

Anyway...

Care to elaborate?
02-07-2014, 05:58 PM
(02-07-2014 05:57 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 05:50 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  would you like another try?

This is exactly the kind of patronizing nonsense that made me want to leave my first thread in the first place.

Anyway...

Care to elaborate?

Care to leave?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Did I say HH Dharma King Penor?

I apologize.

I meant HH Dharma King Sakya Trizin.