[split] Fruitcake-o-meter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2014, 06:35 PM
RE: Fruitcake-o-meter
(02-07-2014 05:55 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  His Holiness isn't Siddhartha, he is The Holiest Tathagata, the master of the Three Vajras.

Woo.

Quote:Siddartha has entered Parinirvana and cannot be reincarnated.

More woo.

The Buddha's teachings rejected reincarnation beliefs. Didn't you know? Facepalm

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 06:46 PM
RE: [split] Fruitcake-o-meter
(02-07-2014 05:24 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 05:15 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  So what is so great about the guy?

From a non-Buddhist viewpoint he is a magnanimous and magnificent man who has recieved the world peace prize for his compassion.

A so-called "award" that no one has ever heard of and whose recipients include Ronald Fucking Reagan, for crying out loud. Facepalm

Quote:From a Buddhist perspective he is the reason Siddhartha received the Perfection Dharma.

There IS NO "perfection dharma" in the Buddha's teachings. You are pulling this shit out of your ass.

Quote: He is the primordial Buddha,

That isn't even a coherent statement.

Quote: the first Buddha in history to receive recognition and congratulations from so many Dharma masters!

Weeping

Quote: (Much evidence on pg. 105 of True Buddha Dharma)

A made-up book isn't evidence. Didn't you know? Facepalm

[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
02-07-2014, 06:49 PM
(02-07-2014 05:39 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  2. Please provide evidence that he is the primordial Buddha - whatever that should mean.

It doesn't mean ANYTHING.

02-07-2014, 06:52 PM
(02-07-2014 05:52 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  Here is the Congressional report passing the motion to Award His Holiness the prize:
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/sres505/text

Any fool in congress can submit a bill to a committee.

But again you didn't read it through:

This resolution was introduced on June 26, 2012, in a previous session of Congress, but was not enacted.

02-07-2014, 06:52 PM
(02-07-2014 06:49 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 05:39 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  2. Please provide evidence that he is the primordial Buddha - whatever that should mean.

It doesn't mean ANYTHING.
I know - I'm just curious to see which particular rope he's gonna hang himself with Wink
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
02-07-2014, 06:54 PM
(02-07-2014 05:48 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  HH Dorje Chang Buddha III is two Buddha-Levels above Shakyamuni Siddartha Buddha.

HH Dorje Chang Buddha III == Vajradhara Buddha, the Universe's first Buddha

Shakyamuni Buddha == Shakyamuni Buddha, who has entered parinirvana and thus cannot be reincarnated.

Dorje Chang transmitted to Great Dharma Vehicle Penor, who transmitted to Shakyamuni.

Total, unequivocable, unadulterated, Pure-Dee Bullshit. Hobo

02-07-2014, 07:11 PM
(02-07-2014 05:57 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 05:50 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  would you like another try?

This is exactly the kind of patronizing nonsense

Oh, yeah, it's patronizing, but it sure the hell isn't nonsense.

Quote: that made me want to leave my first thread in the first place.

So now we detect a pattern:

1) You spout nonsensical bullshit.

2) You get called on your nonsensical bullshit.

3) You flounce.

02-07-2014, 07:14 PM
(02-07-2014 06:00 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  Did I say HH Dharma King Penor?

I apologize.

I meant HH Dharma King Sakya Trizin.

http://www.highestbuddhistmasters.org/en...k00031.htm

....and here we go with the tibetan bullshit delusion that claims that their form of "buddhism" -- which has very little to do with the Buddha's teachings at all -- is the "highest form" of buddhism.

When in truth it is the very sort of superstitious hooey that the Buddha was trying to get away from.

Facepalm

(02-07-2014 06:13 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  I listed the Peace Prize in the non-Buddhist section, because the only reason he would be above blame or worthy to be followed would be his Buddhist achievements.

I can tell you why he is confirmed an ancient and primordial Buddha.

The Drawing Lots from a Golden Vase Ceremony is a practice that is used to identify important Rinpoches and Dharma Kings, like a Dalai Lama.

The examinee is put in front of a board of prominent Buddhist Dharma Kings, Monks, and Lay-Persons, and is presented with a golden vase. Inside are sealed tickets containing a card that has one of the board member's names, with a list of past lives. The true past life of the Dharma king is circled in red. The examinee of course cannot see it, as it is sealed. HH Dorje Chang Buddha III drew randomly lots, and each time the lot he drew was the correct identity. That is 11 identities.

Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
02-07-2014, 07:51 PM
(02-07-2014 07:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ....and here we go with the tibetan bullshit delusion that claims that their form of "buddhism" -- which has very little to do with the Buddha's teachings at all -- is the "highest form" of buddhism.

When in truth it is the very sort of superstitious hooey that the Buddha was trying to get away from.

Facepalm

Yup. People always have to add their own special voodoo to the mix.
02-07-2014, 08:53 PM
(02-07-2014 06:17 PM)CiderThinker Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 06:13 PM)Rinpoche Wrote:  I listed the Peace Prize in the non-Buddhist section, because the only reason he would be above blame or worthy to be followed would be his Buddhist achievements.

I can tell you why he is confirmed an ancient and primordial Buddha.

The Drawing Lots from a Golden Vase Ceremony is a practice that is used to identify important Rinpoches and Dharma Kings, like a Dalai Lama.

The examinee is put in front of a board of prominent Buddhist Dharma Kings, Monks, and Lay-Persons, and is presented with a golden vase. Inside are sealed tickets containing a card that has one of the board member's names, with a list of past lives. The true past life of the Dharma king is circled in red. The examinee of course cannot see it, as it is sealed. HH Dorje Chang Buddha III drew randomly lots, and each time the lot he drew was the correct identity. That is 11 identities.
1. If you now disregard the peace prize argument why did you raise it in the first place.

2. The Golden Vase ceremony is merely a lottery. There's no special status for those who get lucky and win millions in the lottery so why should this be any different.

But do lottery winners get lucky 11 times in one four hour period on such a relevant subject?