[split] GWG's resource thread. (discussion thread)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2015, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2015 05:48 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
[split] GWG's resource thread. (discussion thread)
Great work!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Helio's post
23-02-2015, 05:54 PM
RE: [split] GWG's resource thread. (discussion thread)
Thread split

Goodwithoutgod asked that the thread be for information and is a work in progress, to be added by him as inspiration and time allows. This is why the thread isn't closed.

I think a companion thread might not be a bad idea, to discuss his work.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-02-2015, 05:59 PM
I look back at it with embarrassment as it is so unorganized, all hodge-podged together. When I have the time I want to do some more academic level work like some of the larger posts on there. I really want to do a deep evisceration of the synoptic gospels etc....someday I will make a separate file, redo some stuff, organize it into sections by topic, flesh out the papers a bit and then beg a mod to delete all and let me repaste it. Alas I am buried in school work getting my masters done before the end of the year, retirement in April next year, subsequent move, find a new career, buying a home blah blah blah...life basically. But I will find the time soon, I promise. I truly do appreciate the patience and support of all.

Truly.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
23-02-2015, 07:05 PM
(23-02-2015 05:59 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I look back at it with embarrassment as it is so unorganized, all hodge-podged together. When I have the time I want to do some more academic level work like some of the larger posts on there. I really want to do a deep evisceration of the synoptic gospels etc....someday I will make a separate file, redo some stuff, organize it into sections by topic, flesh out the papers a bit and then beg a mod to delete all and let me repaste it. Alas I am buried in school work getting my masters done before the end of the year, retirement in April next year, subsequent move, find a new career, buying a home blah blah blah...life basically. But I will find the time soon, I promise. I truly do appreciate the patience and support of all.

Truly.

I appreciate the work you've put into it, I've learned a lot from it.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
23-02-2015, 07:32 PM
(23-02-2015 07:05 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 05:59 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  ... a lot of great stuff ...

I appreciate the work you've put into it, I've learned a lot from it.

Amen.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
23-02-2015, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2015 12:08 PM by Free.)
(23-02-2015 05:59 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I look back at it with embarrassment as it is so unorganized, all hodge-podged together. When I have the time I want to do some more academic level work like some of the larger posts on there. I really want to do a deep evisceration of the synoptic gospels etc....someday I will make a separate file, redo some stuff, organize it into sections by topic, flesh out the papers a bit and then beg a mod to delete all and let me repaste it. Alas I am buried in school work getting my masters done before the end of the year, retirement in April next year, subsequent move, find a new career, buying a home blah blah blah...life basically. But I will find the time soon, I promise. I truly do appreciate the patience and support of all.

Truly.

It looks decent for the most part. A few small errors here and there. However, to make it more objective some of the subjects in there should be present opposing views. Almost like a Wiki that shows both sides of the position.

I also strongly urge you to dispose of all the arguments in the Flavious Josephus section, and research for what is actually being said in modern scholarship. All those current arguments are very easily refuted.

Other than that it's coming along nicely.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
24-02-2015, 12:26 PM
(23-02-2015 08:24 PM)Free Wrote:  

Truly.

It looks decent for the most part. A few small errors here and there. However, to make it more objective some of the subjects in there should be present opposing views. Almost like a Wiki that shows both sides of the position.

I also strongly urge you to dispose of all the arguments in the Flavious Josephus section, and research for what is actually being said in modern scholarship. All those current arguments are very easily refuted.

Other than that it's coming along nicely.

Yeah I agree, I look back and see speech software typos, and as you stated, there is a lot more info on the Josephus area available now, some of my books are behind the times. I just got in more books that contain more modern perspectives that I need to dive into....lacking only time, but I will do it soon. I have books piled up begging for me to crack them open Weeping

so little time, so many theists to destroy...

Thanks for keeping me straight, misinformation only undermines the efforts..

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)