[split] Gravity waves from the Big Bang

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2014, 05:25 AM
Here are the two, Bro Abolitionist:

Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them
... Will they not then believe?
-- Al-Quran [21: 30]

And it is We who have built the universe with Our power; and it is We who are steadily expanding it.
-- Al-Quran [51: 47]

Haji M Zin
Melaka WHC

[quote='DLJ' pid='522128' dateline='1395143922']
Hang on.

Gimme a sec.

I'm just looking up the Quranic verse that 'predicted' this.

I know it's in here somewhere.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2014, 05:33 AM
RE: Gravity waves from the Big Bang
(19-03-2014 09:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-03-2014 08:57 AM)hjzin Wrote:  Here are the two, Bro Abolitionist:

Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were of one piece, then We parted them

And it is We who have built the universe with Our power; and it is We who are steadily expanding it.

Awwww, you became a TTA member just for that? So sweet.

Welcome to TTA.

If only we were 'steadily' expanding it.

Someone amongst us needs to take their foot off the gas.

Or maybe whoever is expanding Andromeda should learn to use steer properly.

Hang on! We is plural.

Islam is a polytheism? Who knew?

Gasp

I certainly did not realise this and I am as shocked as you. I wonder who Allah's buddies are that are involved in this expanding venture and do they realise he has stolen all their spotlight these days?

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 1 user Likes Eva's post
21-03-2014, 06:20 AM
I was reading your comment Abolisionist
from Google search on Cosmic Inflation, and posted the verses you were probably referring to.

Allah
Yes, you will find English translations, Bro DJL
with all three pronouns in al-Quran:
We, I or He

'We' as translated in Arabic is for glorification .. like how the Queen of England addresses Herself, right? That would appear appropriate here for spotlight(?)/ such an obviously 'now' a highly disputable claim.

Haji M Zin
Melaka MNS
21-03-2014, 06:30 AM
(19-03-2014 05:11 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Isn't the universe [b]expanding?[b]
I wouldn't think there would be gravity waves or wobbles or whatever if it wasn't an explosion.

I typed out a really long response to this and then someone sent me this short video that explains it very well with some visuals to aid.

The Hitchhikers Guide to Gravitational Waves

Basically, because the universe expanded so quickly in a short period of time, the shock of expanding to billions of light years and then slowing to a crawl (relatively speaking) caused ripples in the fabric of space. These ripples are visible in the Cosmic Microwave Background that is the barrier of the visible universe.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
21-03-2014, 06:35 AM
(21-03-2014 06:20 AM)hjzin Wrote:  I was reading your comment Abolisionist
from Google search on Cosmic Inflation, and posted the verses you were probably referring to.

Allah
We, I or He

'We' as translated in Arabic is for glorification .. like how the Queen of England addresses Herself, right? That would appear appropriate here for spotlight(?)/ such an obviously 'now' a highly disputable claim.

Haji M Zin
Melaka MNS

It's your fairy tale, you tell it.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
21-03-2014, 06:37 AM
(21-03-2014 06:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 06:20 AM)hjzin Wrote:  I was reading your comment Abolisionist

Allah
We, I or He

Haji M Zin
Melaka MNS

It's your fairy tale, you tell it.

I'm confused as to what this guy is trying to say. He created an account just to comment on this thread, I'm honored, I guess. But quoting a fairy tale in a discussion about science is about the stupidest thing you can do.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
21-03-2014, 06:43 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2014 06:53 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-03-2014 09:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-03-2014 08:57 AM)hjzin Wrote:  Here are the two, Bro Abolitionist:

Awwww, you became a TTA member just for that? So sweet.

Welcome to TTA.

If only we were 'steadily' expanding it.

Someone amongst us needs to take their foot off the gas.

Or maybe whoever is expanding Andromeda should learn to use steer properly.

Hang on! We is plural.

Islam is a polytheism? Who knew?

Gasp

Will the mods please split this off above, please. We're not going to pollute this thread with some unsupported claims about yet another ancient crappy book about the moon-god religion (Islam). Islam WAS originally polytheistic. It's why there was such a big fucking deal made when Rushdie wrote the "Satanic Verses". Sin's (Al-Ilah) three divine daughters were in the original Quran. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ns?page=25 (#247)
Originally there were hundreds of gods worshiped in the Kabah, (355 as I recall). There were many communities (in ancient Arabia) which had "sacred stones" around which they walked and prayed. Some were probably meteorites. There is a REASON the one in the Kabah has never been allowed to be analyzed. When they cooked up Islam, (just as ancient Judaism did), they imported most of it's elements from the surrounding-preexisting culture. Al-Ilah (Allah) was a direct development from it's precursor cult.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-03-2014, 06:46 AM
(21-03-2014 06:37 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I'm confused as to what this guy is trying to say. He created an account just to comment on this thread, I'm honored, I guess. But quoting a fairy tale in a discussion about science is about the stupidest thing you can do.

You're not the only one confused by this guy but I think it boils down to "My sky daddy (or daddies but I think he said that was the royal 'we') did it cause it says so in this really old book". I think he just dropped in to set us all straight. Kinda cute.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
[+] 2 users Like Eva's post
21-03-2014, 07:12 AM
I (We?) am not an Arabic linguist, Bro Abolitionist
but that is the pronoun used in the English translation, similar to HRH's use in,
"We are not amused .."

Yes Islam is strictly monolithic.
(al-Quran, 4: 48)

M Zin
Melaka WHC
21-03-2014, 07:27 AM
RE: [split] Gravity waves from the Big Bang
(21-03-2014 06:20 AM)hjzin Wrote:  I (We?) am not an Arabic linguist, Bro Abolitionist
but that is the pronoun used in the English translation, similar to HRH's use in,
"We are not amused .."

Yes Islam is strictly monolithic.
(al-Quran, 4: 48)

mon·o·lith·ic
ˌmänəˈliTHik/
adjective
adjective: monolithic

formed of a single large block of stone.
(of a building) very large and characterless.
synonyms: massive, huge, vast, colossal, gigantic, immense, giant, enormous; More
featureless, characterless
"a monolithic building"
(of an organization or system) large, powerful, and intractably indivisible and uniform.
"rejecting any move toward a monolithic European superstate"
synonyms: inflexible, rigid, unbending, unchanging, fossilized More

So, actually it's not "monolithic".
There are a few (separate) cults in Islam. Originally it wasn't monolateralist, or monotheistic either.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post