[split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2016, 05:44 PM
[split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)
I am fucking sick of media always harping on "motive". The singer murdered yesterday was not murdered by a Muslim. The Texas Bar shooting that left 9 dead were not Muslims. The Va Tech shooter was mentally ill, and the abortion clinic shooter was a Christian. The two tea party nuts in Vegas murdered two cops and a civilian. And even if you take away all mass shootings, it still remains that most gun deaths happen in the home through domestic murder, accident, suicide or someone in the neighborhood the victim knew.

This isn't about gun rights, this is about the gun makers using the blood lobby NRA to protect the profits of the makers. My Jr year High School yearbook had a two page spread of national news that happened that year. One of the stories was about a McDonald's massacre in San Ysidro Ca just south of San Diego. That wasn't last year, or 3 years ago, or even 10 years ago. That was fucking 1984!

The only time the GOP attempted anything sane was when Reagan and Brady got shot, but after they left office the GOP gutted everything they did. The GOP AND makers and blood lobby NRA don't give one flying fuck about reducing gun deaths. They are about one thing and one thing only, protecting the profits of another big business.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Brian37's post
12-06-2016, 05:49 PM
RE: Mass shooting in Orlando
(12-06-2016 05:44 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am fucking sick of media always harping on "motive". The singer murdered yesterday was not murdered by a Muslim. The Texas Bar shooting that left 9 dead were not Muslims. The Va Tech shooter was mentally ill, and the abortion clinic shooter was a Christian. The two tea party nuts in Vegas murdered two cops and a civilian. And even if you take away all mass shootings, it still remains that most gun deaths happen in the home through domestic murder, accident, suicide or someone in the neighborhood the victim knew.

This isn't about gun rights, this is about the gun makers using the blood lobby NRA to protect the profits of the makers. My Jr year High School yearbook had a two page spread of national news that happened that year. One of the stories was about a McDonald's massacre in San Ysidro Ca just south of San Diego. That wasn't last year, or 3 years ago, or even 10 years ago. That was fucking 1984!

The only time the GOP attempted anything sane was when Reagan and Brady got shot, but after they left office the GOP gutted everything they did. The GOP AND makers and blood lobby NRA don't give one flying fuck about reducing gun deaths. They are about one thing and one thing only, protecting the profits of another big business.

And the 5 killed and 9 injured in Kalamazoo were run over by a truck ----

You realize that FAR more people are killed every year by vehicles in the USA than guns, don't you???

I don't hear you harping about "The Big Three" making huge profits out of American's deaths.............

I'll bet you'll retort "Guns are MADE TO KILL"....

OK....

So how come there are more deaths by vehicles - that are NOT supposed to kill???

You don't like guns.......

Fine...

DON'T BUY ONE....

problem solved....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-06-2016, 05:52 PM
(12-06-2016 08:51 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I can't wait for people to twist this for their political agenda Drinking Beverage

This should be political because laws are how we create a more civil society, but only one side is acting like a bunch of fucking brats in denial just like evolution and climate change deniers. Don't fucking act like this is the first time, it happens far too much. But only the GOP goes "It's a shame" which fucking bullshit because they are the only party that finds the amount of gun death perfectly acceptable. They've even managed to block attempts at doing a public health study.

This SHOULD be political because it should NOT be acceptable to anyone.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 3 users Like Brian37's post
12-06-2016, 05:59 PM
(12-06-2016 05:52 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 08:51 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I can't wait for people to twist this for their political agenda Drinking Beverage

This should be political because laws are how we create a more civil society, but only one side is acting like a bunch of fucking brats in denial just like evolution and climate change deniers. Don't fucking act like this is the first time, it happens far too much. But only the GOP goes "It's a shame" which fucking bullshit because they are the only party that finds the amount of gun death perfectly acceptable. They've even managed to block attempts at doing a public health study.

This SHOULD be political because it should NOT be acceptable to anyone.

Then give it its own thread.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-06-2016, 05:59 PM
(12-06-2016 05:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(12-06-2016 05:44 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am fucking sick of media always harping on "motive". The singer murdered yesterday was not murdered by a Muslim. The Texas Bar shooting that left 9 dead were not Muslims. The Va Tech shooter was mentally ill, and the abortion clinic shooter was a Christian. The two tea party nuts in Vegas murdered two cops and a civilian. And even if you take away all mass shootings, it still remains that most gun deaths happen in the home through domestic murder, accident, suicide or someone in the neighborhood the victim knew.

And the 5 killed and 9 injured in Kalamazoo were run over by a truck ----

You realize that FAR more people are killed every year by vehicles in the USA than guns, don't you???

I don't hear you harping about "The Big Three" making huge profits out of American's deaths.............

I'll bet you'll retort "Guns are MADE TO KILL"....

OK....

So how come there are more deaths by vehicles - that are NOT supposed to kill???

You don't like guns.......

Fine...

DON'T BUY ONE....

problem solved....

Other bad shit happens so do nothing about this shit. Bullshit excuse making. When we have car design problems or speed limit problems, the laws adapt with changing situations. We also don't use simply musket laws either. Do you know how stupid it would be to keep airline designs today if we stuck with Write Brothers standards

Nope sorry asshole, "Don't want one don't buy one" did not stop this guy from wanting one, and having no record at the time of buy, and affecting the rights of 50 dead and 53 injured. But no, you only give a fuck about your own object, not the rights of others who get affected by the climate of gun worship. Talk to me about their rights, nope you cant do that, to you, that is simply collateral damage.

12-06-2016, 06:02 PM
RE: [split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)
Thread split

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-06-2016, 06:16 PM
(12-06-2016 05:49 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You realize that FAR more people are killed every year by vehicles in the USA than guns, don't you?
I can only hope you posted this disingenuous comment as a joke. I'm sure you wouldn't be silly enough to actually believe such a nonsensical comparison.

Quote:I don't hear you harping about "The Big Three" making huge profits out of American's deaths.
Oh dear. See above.

Quote:You don't like guns.......
Fine...
DON'T BUY ONE....
problem solved....
So if Brian—and other anti-gun folks—don't buy any guns, then that magically stops armed psychopaths killing dozens of innocent people? Yeah... that sure makes sense. Not.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 5 users Like SYZ's post
12-06-2016, 06:39 PM
(12-06-2016 06:16 PM)SYZ Wrote:  So if Brian—and other anti-gun folks—don't buy any guns, then that magically stops armed psychopaths killing dozens of innocent people? Yeah... that sure makes sense. Not.

The problem is that if you take guns, you aren't going to stop shootings. Criminals aren't going to give up guns if they were made illegal. The problem is also that it isn't guns in the first place. There are various factors when it comes to gun violence. I can agree that we should try to make gun policies the best we can, but taking guns is not the solution, nor is blaming them.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
12-06-2016, 06:45 PM
It's the similar argument.

You don't support gay marriage? Don't marry a homosexual.

You don't like abortion, don't have one.

You don't like religion, don't go to church.

But these are dumb statements.

I'm tired of people saying that if we have gun control, only criminals will have them.

The shooters in California and now in Orlando obtained their guns legally.

I'm sure there are plenty more that were also obtained legally.

The rules must change. The NRA shouldn't be allowed to be part of the policy or law making process period.

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-06-2016, 06:57 PM
There are an estimated 347 million guns in the US right now (that's more than one gun per capita, statistically speaking). Any attempt to bring this situation under control is coming about a hundred years too late.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Vosur's post