[split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2016, 06:35 AM
RE: [split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)
(14-06-2016 04:22 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 03:56 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'll just leave this here, as I usually do in most gun-related threads in here.

Greeks don't generally have guns at home so they're less likely to be able to defend themselves against an armed intruder. However, since guns are illegal here, it is also quite unlikely for the intruder to carry a real gun (just a couple of days ago a man was telling my boyfriend how he robbed dozens of banks with a fake gun).

If someone has set their mind on it, they will kill. No matter the weapon. The thing is, a gun is extremely easy to just grab and shoot in the heat of the moment, considering that if you actually have a gun at home, you probably know how to use it. How easy is it to grab a knife and stab someone to death though?

Just a thought.

My thoughts are that a pump shotgun with a limited capacity is great for home protection AND hunting... and you (or the person who steals it from you) won't shoot 100 people with it unless you're in the coma ward or something.

You obviously don't know anything, and I do mean ANYTHING about guns, do you???

The Germans during WWII would execute on the spot - any allied soldier carrying a shotgun ---- because they were considered far too deadly for battlefield use - and did not allow enough "survivability" to be in line with the rules of war.

A person with a minimum of training - and a bandolier or two of buckshot would be FAR deadlier - and inflict far more casualties with a 12 gauge pump than ANY rifle in .223 in close quarters....................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2016, 06:39 AM
(14-06-2016 06:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A person with a minimum of training - and a bandolier or two of buckshot would be FAR deadlier - and inflict far more casualties with a 12 gauge pump than ANY rifle in .223 in close quarters....................

Why do they all seem to use automatic weapons in these mass shootings then?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-06-2016, 06:45 AM
(14-06-2016 06:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 06:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A person with a minimum of training - and a bandolier or two of buckshot would be FAR deadlier - and inflict far more casualties with a 12 gauge pump than ANY rifle in .223 in close quarters....................

They don't.

They use semi-autos.

Why do they use them???

Fuck -- don't ask me -- the cunts are fucking stupid crazy --- they're shooting a place up --- you expect it to make sense?????????

Maybe they saw Rambo one too many times or played one too many games of Doom -- that might explain it...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-06-2016, 06:50 AM
(14-06-2016 06:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They don't.

They use semi-autos.

Why do they use them???

Fuck -- don't ask me -- the cunts are fucking stupid crazy --- they're shooting a place up --- you expect it to make sense?????????

Maybe they saw Rambo one too many times or played one too many games of Doom -- that might explain it...

A lot of these guys seem to put some thought into it though. They rock up with body armour and plenty of rounds of ammo to kill the maximum number of people that they can before they get killed themselves. I just thought that if it was the case that you could kill more people with a shotgun they'd have figured it out by now, and that would be their weapon of choice.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-06-2016, 06:54 AM
(14-06-2016 06:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 04:22 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  My thoughts are that a pump shotgun with a limited capacity is great for home protection AND hunting... and you (or the person who steals it from you) won't shoot 100 people with it unless you're in the coma ward or something.

You obviously don't know anything, and I do mean ANYTHING about guns, do you???

The Germans during WWII would execute on the spot - any allied soldier carrying a shotgun ---- because they were considered far too deadly for battlefield use - and did not allow enough "survivability" to be in line with the rules of war.

A person with a minimum of training - and a bandolier or two of buckshot would be FAR deadlier - and inflict far more casualties with a 12 gauge pump than ANY rifle in .223 in close quarters....................

Really? You actually think he would have killed 50+ people with a shotgun? Maybe if it were an AA-12 with drums.

I know that a shotgun is going to devastate whatever is in the sights. I've fired them.

I also know that I could easily eat through 200 rounds in an M4. It would take much longer to get even 50 rounds off with the 12 gauge, and with it's kick, you're thinking twice before shooting 50 of anything.

Half a dozen people in a room? Shotgun all the way.
A few hundred people in a room? Nope...
14-06-2016, 07:01 AM
(14-06-2016 06:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 06:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They don't.

They use semi-autos.

Why do they use them???

A lot of these guys seem to put some thought into it though. They rock up with body armour and plenty of rounds of ammo to kill the maximum number of people that they can before they get killed themselves. I just thought that if it was the case that you could kill more people with a shotgun they'd have figured it out by now, and that would be their weapon of choice.

It's probably because they are amateurs, and like the rest of the uniformed public - the believe any gun that LOOKS like something the military carries, must be more deadly than a gun that doesn't...........

A .223 will fire a 55 grain bullet at 3000 fps. It's good for out to 600 yards.
A .55 grain grain bullet at 3000 fps delivers about 1500 ft lbs of energy.

A 12 gauge fires about 1 ounce of buckshot at about 1400 fps for a combined total of over 3000 ft/lbs of energy.. (1 ounce of buckshot is 437 grains - 8 times the weight of a 55 grain .223) While limited in range (under 100 yards) it is FAR deadlier in close quarters -- and far more likely to kill in a single shot - and more likely to hit more than one target at a time.

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-06-2016, 08:41 AM
@Stevil

About privately held machine guns in the US.

Private ownership of machine guns in the US has been heavily regulated at the federal level since the National Firearms Act (NFA) was signed into law on June 26 1934. Since then private ownership of a machine gun requires a $200 tax stamp that can only be obtained after approval by local law enforcement and the FBI. In the 80 plus years since NFA became the law of the land I am only aware of one (1) person convicted of murder for using their privately held machine gun. That person was not Joe average citizen. He was an Ohio police officer. He was convicted of killing an informant with his privately held MAC-11.

The laws controlling controlling private ownership of machine guns are working. Legally owned privately held machine guns are not a problem in the US. Yet you want to ban them because you think they are scary. I'm sorry, but I can't get behind you on that one. Nor do I support your proposed ban on semi-automatics. I might however get behind better background checks, reporting of mental health and suspicious activity concerns, and even carefully crafted regulations on semi-automatic weapons similar to NFA type weapons.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
14-06-2016, 10:18 AM
(14-06-2016 06:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  

They don't. They are mostly semi-automatic firearms.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-06-2016, 10:24 AM
(14-06-2016 04:11 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 09:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  Those aren't the issue. Is this an intentional straw man?

So what's the issue... Clip capacity that's more than, say, 6 rounds?

No, what is not an issue is "an automatic assault rifle or SMG". Those are not used in these crimes, so your statement was either intentionally provocative or ignorant.

Quote:The fact that we aren't all armed at all times in the club?

That someone hasn't built a brain to brain interface which can share thought processes themselves to ensure that each party involved thoroughly understands the other's point of view, and resolving conflicting opinion?

What has that to do with anything? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-06-2016, 11:47 AM
(13-06-2016 11:01 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 09:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  It does not allow "a shooter to keep shooting without losing aim".
You're joking right?
You pull the trigger, sure there is some kickback but your face remains on the stock, your eye remains looking at the sights, your finger remains near the trigger.
As opposed to a bolt action where you have to remove your have from the trigger and work the bolt. While you are working the bolt, you are moving the gun and losing sight of your target.
But of course you know this, you're being difficult on purpose.

Aimed fire requires a sight-picture, which recoil disrupts.