[split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2016, 05:11 AM
RE: [split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)
(16-06-2016 03:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 03:28 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  That's simply not true moms. Biker and some others may not be interested in more effective gun control legislation, but Chas, myself and some other gun owners on this forum are. I just want to be on the same damn page when we are having the discussion. Wouldn't you be upset if you found out after the fact that the assault weapons ban you supported meant the family heirloom revolver your grandfather carried in World War I had to be turned in so it could be cut up for scrap because somebody considered it a semi-automatic weapon despite not meeting the definition for semi-automatic weapon?

I kind of get what you're saying but WW1 was a hundred years ago now. Such a gun is unlikely to be a "registered" weapon anyway. I know my late grandfather's WW2 Luger didn't require it (spoils of war and all that).

The government doesn't really care about weapons older than 50 years old...and already have regulations in place to protect antique gun collectors.

From the ATF webpage:

A regulation implementing Federal firearms laws, 27 CFR §478.11, defines Curio or Relic (C&R) firearms as those which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons.

UHhhhhhhh see that highlighted part???

WRONG!!!

That'd mean they don't care about a whole lot of machine guns including the BAR, the Thompson, and every other full automatic including the early M-16.......

Of course --- you CAN buy a M-16 that is C + R eligible --- last I checked -- for around $25,000............

The whole deal with C+R is to allow collectors to buy early guns - without going through an FFL --- but the buyer is subject to inspections (and the BATF does) -- and records must be kept of all sales.......

It's sort of a "poor man's FFL"...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2016, 05:35 AM
(17-06-2016 04:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Don't assume that I'm against good legislation. I simply don't agree with the way that the Brady Bunch goes about it -- incrementalism bent on banning guns.

The reason I assume that is I can't recall reading a single instance of you having anything positive to say about any type of gun control. If I'm wrong then why don't you tell us what good legislation concerning gun control is?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
17-06-2016, 05:37 AM
(17-06-2016 05:35 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(17-06-2016 04:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Don't assume that I'm against good legislation. I simply don't agree with the way that the Brady Bunch goes about it -- incrementalism bent on banning guns.

The reason I assume that is I can't recall reading a single instance of you having anything positive to say about any type of gun control. If I'm wrong then why don't you tell us what good legislation concerning gun control is?

He's supposed to say that, it's from the NRA Book of Catechisms.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
17-06-2016, 08:23 AM
(17-06-2016 05:35 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  If I'm wrong then why don't you tell us what good legislation concerning gun control is?

The second amendment!!! That shit is fo shizzle! Guns guns guns HooRAH! Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
17-06-2016, 10:08 AM
(17-06-2016 05:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(17-06-2016 05:35 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  The reason I assume that is I can't recall reading a single instance of you having anything positive to say about any type of gun control. If I'm wrong then why don't you tell us what good legislation concerning gun control is?

He's supposed to say that, it's from the NRA Book of Catechisms.

Don't talk for me, shit breath.

You're not fucking qualified.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-06-2016, 10:20 AM
(17-06-2016 05:35 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  

I have posted it here on the forum a couple of times before.

A. Scrap all current gun laws.

B. Allow anyone to buy anything at all, that they desire - gun wise.

C. Make it a felony for anyone who is a felon - or is adjudicated as mentally incompetent to have a state issued identification card that has a "NOT ALLOWED TO OWN FIREARMS" on the ID...... It's a felony, if they don't comply.

D. Make it a felony for anyone who is not allowed to buy, or possess a firearm -to buy or attempt to buy one - and throw their asses in prison if caught.

E. Make it mandatory to check ID on ALL gun sales - including those between private individuals. Make it a felony to sell to someone not allowed to own or possess a firearm. Put illegal sellers in prison, alongside the idiots who aren't supposed to own guns, but had one - or tried to get one..

What this does - is target the people who do NOT obey the gun laws.

The people who DO follow the laws - aren't the problem to begin with..

Virtually every gun law to date, simply targets the law abiding citizen -- as they are the only ones who do abide by the laws...

Criminals and rat-ass crazy people could give a fuck for less about the laws.

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
17-06-2016, 10:28 AM
(17-06-2016 05:11 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 03:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I kind of get what you're saying but WW1 was a hundred years ago now. Such a gun is unlikely to be a "registered" weapon anyway. I know my late grandfather's WW2 Luger didn't require it (spoils of war and all that).

The government doesn't really care about weapons older than 50 years old...and already have regulations in place to protect antique gun collectors.

From the ATF webpage:

A regulation implementing Federal firearms laws, 27 CFR §478.11, defines Curio or Relic (C&R) firearms as those which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons.

UHhhhhhhh see that highlighted part???

WRONG!!!

That'd mean they don't care about a whole lot of machine guns including the BAR, the Thompson, and every other full automatic including the early M-16.......

Of course --- you CAN buy a M-16 that is C + R eligible --- last I checked -- for around $25,000............

The whole deal with C+R is to allow collectors to buy early guns - without going through an FFL --- but the buyer is subject to inspections (and the BATF does) -- and records must be kept of all sales.......

It's sort of a "poor man's FFL"...

So what?

My grandfather's Luger was a C&R and he sold it to another collector in or around 2004.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-06-2016, 10:38 AM
(17-06-2016 10:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(17-06-2016 05:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  He's supposed to say that, it's from the NRA Book of Catechisms.

Don't talk for me, shit breath.

You're not fucking qualified.

It's easy. I just disconnect my brain and type random shit. You're not hard.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2016, 10:47 AM
(16-06-2016 06:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is an enlightening statistic. However, the word "diagnosed" is problematic.
Whether any of the mass killers were diagnosed or not, every last one of them was, in fact, mentally ill.

The health care system in the U.S. is seriously flawed in many ways.

No doubt the mental health system is deeply flawed.

As for every single mass killer being mentally ill, I personally leave such diagnoses up to the professionals -- I'm not qualified to make any claim like that.
17-06-2016, 10:55 AM
(17-06-2016 10:47 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 06:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is an enlightening statistic. However, the word "diagnosed" is problematic.
Whether any of the mass killers were diagnosed or not, every last one of them was, in fact, mentally ill.

The health care system in the U.S. is seriously flawed in many ways.

No doubt the mental health system is deeply flawed.

As for every single mass killer being mentally ill, I personally leave such diagnoses up to the professionals -- I'm not qualified to make any claim like that.

I agree with Chas on that. I think you have to be mentally ill to do something like that.

I would consider those who are influenced by religions (whatever religion) to commit murder also suffer from diminished capacity.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces