[split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: [split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)
(18-06-2016 12:42 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 11:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Why is not possible?

If the Pakistanis can create gun-free zones in Karachi given how far back they're starting and their limited resources compared to the Yanks, one has to assume it's only not possible because too many people prefer option A) rather than for any logistical reason.

Cultural change isn't easy and it isn't cheap and it might take a generation to become sustainable but it's not impossible.

Murikans aren't usually known for being defeatist, now are they?

Angel

Possible, but would take a very long time. Would need a more quick temporary solution to get through until that would be possible.

Twenty years should do it.

Would you vote A) or B)?

Undecided

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2016, 12:53 PM
(18-06-2016 12:50 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 12:42 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Possible, but would take a very long time. Would need a more quick temporary solution to get through until that would be possible.

Would you vote A) or B)?

Undecided

I vote C) Freedom isn't free fuckers!

#sigh
18-06-2016, 01:00 PM
(18-06-2016 12:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 12:50 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Twenty years should do it.

Would you vote A) or B)?

Undecided

I vote C) Freedom isn't free fuckers!

(18-06-2016 06:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  A) Freedom rocks! There is a price to pay for that

So you vote for A)?

Dodgy

18-06-2016, 01:07 PM
It is not necessary to destroy all guns to make an impact. Here in Australia illegal guns can be purchased but the price is prohibitive. An illegal handgun in Australia can fetch $15.000 or even $20,000. Ideally only people with legitimate need for firearms would get them, practically we can make them very difficult to find and very expensive thereby putting them out of reach for many.
[+] 1 user Likes Aussie heathen's post
18-06-2016, 01:09 PM
(18-06-2016 01:00 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 12:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I vote C) Freedom isn't free fuckers!

(18-06-2016 06:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  A) Freedom rocks! There is a price to pay for that

So you vote for A)?

Dodgy

Well when you put it that way, no. "Freedom isn't free." is a slogan of the US Army. There are military grade weapons which have no place in civilian hands. I'm sure I've told the story here more than once about my rocket scientist colleague who failed to inform our installation that a 105 mm howitzer was coming and it ended up in front of his house.

#sigh
18-06-2016, 01:14 PM
I hear "I vote C) Freedom isn't free fuckers!" in the voices from Team America "fuck yeah" but its far more sad than funny
18-06-2016, 02:12 PM
(18-06-2016 12:50 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 12:42 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Possible, but would take a very long time. Would need a more quick temporary solution to get through until that would be possible.

Would you vote A) or B)?

Undecided

If I had to, B.

I'm all for peoples rights but I don't really plan on owning a gun so if it came down to it, I wouldn't fight for it.

and

Way more people and guns in America than Australia so it would take a lot longer.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-06-2016, 03:07 PM
(18-06-2016 12:05 PM)Aussie heathen Wrote:  Most Australians I have spoken to are just dumbfounded at the American gun culture.
In NZ the sentiment is exactly the same. These Americans are crazy. We hear of yet another mass shooting in America or hear about the horrendous statistics of American gun homicides and (as tragic as it is) we shrug our shoulders, we laugh it off, these crazy Americans and their wild west attitudes, their insistence on the right to guns.

When you have conversations with those Americans online, it just reinforces that. They don't at all present rational arguments.

(18-06-2016 12:05 PM)Aussie heathen Wrote:  How can anyone say that 'I accept that my right to own this toy comes at a cost and the cost is measured in the blood of children"?

To me it is hard to imagine a more selfish attitude It is just mind boggling.
I think there are many causes. I've listed a few in this thread, Chas got insulted.

Here's another one. A NZ politician wrote this column for the local rag.
I would be wishing for a gun
Quote:I would not want to be shot crouching in a toilet cubicle begging for my life. I would rather fight back even if my situation was hopeless.
I think it is a common sentiment, the fear of being defenseless. Probably why some people are scared of flying, thinking if the plane is crashing you have plenty of time to think about your impending doom, but have no control over it.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
18-06-2016, 03:34 PM

good listen here
18-06-2016, 06:01 PM
(18-06-2016 11:30 AM)DLJ Wrote:  .
Murikans aren't usually known for being defeatist, now are they?

Angel

Of course not, and we'll fucking shoot you if you think otherwise.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post