[split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2016, 08:13 AM
RE: [split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)
(19-06-2016 07:51 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  I guess I haven't made myself clear. I am not talking about particular diagnoses or professionals' opinions of mass murderers,
just that mass murder is prima facie evidence of mental illness. Res ipsa loquitur.

We need to improve health care and we need to research the causes of the behavior.
Professionals will do the latter, we have a say in the former.

This is a bullshit dodge. Mass shooters are always disturbed, religious or mentally ill. Even if we took out all the mass shootings, most gun injuries and deaths still happen in the home with the user or someone the owner knows.

The bottom line, handgun or assault riffle they are still far too much mass produced and they are way too easy to get, both legally and illegally.

I am fucking sick of the gun worshipers while rightfully saying "we want to keep them out of the wrong hands", which gun safety advocates want as well, then scream when anything is suggested to reduce gun deaths and play a fucking shell game.

"Don't blame the object", nope... We blame the marketing of the object and the attitude towards the object. A Quran is also only an object, it cant kill you all by itself. How is it we rightfully in the west criticize Muslim's attitudes about that object?

"It's the mentally ill", yet we did nothing after Newton or the Va Tech shooter who were mentally ill.

"It's the terrorists", in this case of Orlando, it is shaping up that while it was religious motivated, it seems that this guy was mentally ill and that religion merely compounded his mental illness. And it ignores that Roof wasn't motivated by Islam nor was last year's abortion clinic shooter.

Now the left is not out to punish anyone, nor do we want to become a fascist state. That bullshit lie needs to stop and the right and NRA are not going to get away with selling that bullshit anymore.

This is about MONEY in the end, and the makers pulling the same bullshit that big tobacco did with "smoker's rights" to hide the health risks of smoking and to desperately cling to marketing cigarettes to minors.

It is the marketing of guns that have shaped the attitudes towards them. Just like we don't like the marketing of the Quran in the middle east. You cant rid the world of guns no, no more than Islam can rid the world of the bible. But we can change the way we view those objects as being less important than human lives.

I blame the marketing, not an individuals intent which blinds them to a real problem.

AND YET --

You still won't tell us your fantastic plan of how to limit the gun companies from manufacturing and selling all the guns they can................

How about it??????

grace us with your fabulous insights....

(or just keep bitching like a whiny little girl)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2016, 01:31 PM
(19-06-2016 08:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You still won't tell us your fantastic plan of how to limit the gun companies from manufacturing and selling all the guns they can................

Their business will die - that's all there is to it. Look at the tobacco industry. OK they're doing pretty well globally, but how well are they doing in America? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco_in...ted_States

In the same way, probably your gun manufacturers will start looking outside the US for markets - after all they have the skill in manufacturing. But long term - super long term - I expect the industry to die completely. This is not a bad thing. It just means that one way of making money will have become unprofitable.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-06-2016, 01:42 PM
(19-06-2016 07:50 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 03:34 PM)Matt Finney Wrote:  

good listen here

Did anybody happen to listen to Sam Harris's talking points? He's a very smart dude and I think he makes a lot of sense on this topic.
I clicked the link. It waffled on in the beginning, I got bored and closed the video.
Sorry.
19-06-2016, 01:55 PM
(19-06-2016 08:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  AND YET --

You still won't tell us your fantastic plan of how to limit the gun companies from manufacturing and selling all the guns they can................

How about it??????

The problem is that you make no attempt at any ideas yourself. What if we put our heads together and came up with some ideas instead of you just being an ass about it?

You're solution is to wave your dick around which is only adding to the problem, not helping to solve it. Nobody wants to see your dick, some of us are interested in actually doing something to help cure the sickness that is America's gun problem.

If your not going to be helpful, maybe you should post elsewhere in the forum.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
19-06-2016, 02:27 PM
(19-06-2016 08:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 07:51 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  This is a bullshit dodge. [...]

AND YET --

How about it??????

Uh... there's no need for the puerile ad hominems. They only further serve to weaken you pro-gun arguments and expose your overly-belligerent stance.

We're all more than aware of your views regarding gun ownership and licensing etc. You've made it more than obvious in over a dozen posts in the last couple of days. I'm not sure whether or not you actually fully believe all of the anti-social NRA-type claims you've been making here, or just stirring the pot on every gun/shooting thread for the fun of it.

I'd also be interested in knowing why the NRA, with a membership of around 5 million gun owners, has so much firearms ownership and licensing controls over the other 98.5% of the American population—from a legislative point of view. Obviously they're an extremely strong political lobby group—despite their relatively small membership. So presumably they're greasing a lot of politician's palms?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
19-06-2016, 02:28 PM

19-06-2016, 02:30 PM
Syz, your quote thingy was off.

I think I fixed it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-06-2016, 02:32 PM
(18-06-2016 11:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 06:10 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Hasn't anyone taught you not to generalize. Seriously, you have way too much hate. Good thing you don't like guns because I would be scared if one got into your hands.
I actually like guns. I've fired a few, and had some fun with them.

I just don't think it makes any sense to make some kinds of guns available to everyone and I don't think it makes sense to have people wandering around public places with loaded guns.

See I agree with you there, it's just the way you present your argument that needs work.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-06-2016, 02:33 PM
Thanks Mom... much appreciated. Gremlins... grrrrr! Sadcryface2

[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
19-06-2016, 02:53 PM
(19-06-2016 07:51 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 07:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  I guess I haven't made myself clear. I am not talking about particular diagnoses or professionals' opinions of mass murderers,
just that mass murder is prima facie evidence of mental illness. Res ipsa loquitur.

We need to improve health care and we need to research the causes of the behavior.
Professionals will do the latter, we have a say in the former.

This is a bullshit dodge. Mass shooters are always disturbed, religious or mentally ill. Even if we took out all the mass shootings, most gun injuries and deaths still happen in the home with the user or someone the owner knows.

The bottom line, handgun or assault riffle they are still far too much mass produced and they are way too easy to get, both legally and illegally.

I am fucking sick of the gun worshipers while rightfully saying "we want to keep them out of the wrong hands", which gun safety advocates want as well, then scream when anything is suggested to reduce gun deaths and play a fucking shell game.

"Don't blame the object", nope... We blame the marketing of the object and the attitude towards the object. A Quran is also only an object, it cant kill you all by itself. How is it we rightfully in the west criticize Muslim's attitudes about that object?

"It's the mentally ill", yet we did nothing after Newton or the Va Tech shooter who were mentally ill.

"It's the terrorists", in this case of Orlando, it is shaping up that while it was religious motivated, it seems that this guy was mentally ill and that religion merely compounded his mental illness. And it ignores that Roof wasn't motivated by Islam nor was last year's abortion clinic shooter.

Now the left is not out to punish anyone, nor do we want to become a fascist state. That bullshit lie needs to stop and the right and NRA are not going to get away with selling that bullshit anymore.

This is about MONEY in the end, and the makers pulling the same bullshit that big tobacco did with "smoker's rights" to hide the health risks of smoking and to desperately cling to marketing cigarettes to minors.

It is the marketing of guns that have shaped the attitudes towards them. Just like we don't like the marketing of the Quran in the middle east. You cant rid the world of guns no, no more than Islam can rid the world of the bible. But we can change the way we view those objects as being less important than human lives.

I blame the marketing, not an individuals intent which blinds them to a real problem.

You must not actually be responding to me because your post isn't a response to what I said. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user