[split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2016, 03:10 PM
RE: [split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)
(19-06-2016 02:32 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 11:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I actually like guns. I've fired a few, and had some fun with them.

I just don't think it makes any sense to make some kinds of guns available to everyone and I don't think it makes sense to have people wandering around public places with loaded guns.

See I agree with you there, it's just the way you present your argument that needs work.
Some people just get theit backs up the moment gun control is mentioned, they get all defensive, get anal about definitions of words. Basically get into fight mode rather than listen and discuss mode.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2016, 03:36 PM
(19-06-2016 01:55 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 08:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  AND YET --

You still won't tell us your fantastic plan of how to limit the gun companies from manufacturing and selling all the guns they can................

How about it??????

grace us with your fabulous insights....

(or just keep bitching like a whiny little girl)

The problem is that you make no attempt at any ideas yourself. What if we put our heads together and came up with some ideas instead of you just being an ass about it?

You're solution is to wave your dick around which is only adding to the problem, not helping to solve it. Nobody wants to see your dick, some of us are interested in actually doing something to help cure the sickness that is America's gun problem.

If your not going to be helpful, maybe you should post elsewhere in the forum.

Explain post 226 from this thread..

I don't expect you to read everything -- but if you're going to make such accusations -- have your fucking facts straight...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-06-2016, 07:33 PM
(19-06-2016 03:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 01:55 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  The problem is that you make no attempt at any ideas yourself. What if we put our heads together and came up with some ideas instead of you just being an ass about it?

You're solution is to wave your dick around which is only adding to the problem, not helping to solve it. Nobody wants to see your dick, some of us are interested in actually doing something to help cure the sickness that is America's gun problem.

If your not going to be helpful, maybe you should post elsewhere in the forum.

Explain post 226 from this thread..

I don't expect you to read everything -- but if you're going to make such accusations -- have your fucking facts straight...

Well that's slightly encouraging. Not entirely helpful but at least you made an effort.

Now put your dick away and please stop berating the posters here that don't wish to compare sizes. It gets old really fast.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
20-06-2016, 12:22 AM
(17-06-2016 10:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(17-06-2016 05:35 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  The reason I assume that is I can't recall reading a single instance of you having anything positive to say about any type of gun control. If I'm wrong then why don't you tell us what good legislation concerning gun control is?

I have posted it here on the forum a couple of times before.

A. Scrap all current gun laws.

B. Allow anyone to buy anything at all, that they desire - gun wise.

C. Make it a felony for anyone who is a felon - or is adjudicated as mentally incompetent to have a state issued identification card that has a "NOT ALLOWED TO OWN FIREARMS" on the ID...... It's a felony, if they don't comply.

D. Make it a felony for anyone who is not allowed to buy, or possess a firearm -to buy or attempt to buy one - and throw their asses in prison if caught.

E. Make it mandatory to check ID on ALL gun sales - including those between private individuals. Make it a felony to sell to someone not allowed to own or possess a firearm. Put illegal sellers in prison, alongside the idiots who aren't supposed to own guns, but had one - or tried to get one..

What this does - is target the people who do NOT obey the gun laws.

The people who DO follow the laws - aren't the problem to begin with..

Virtually every gun law to date, simply targets the law abiding citizen -- as they are the only ones who do abide by the laws...

Criminals and rat-ass crazy people could give a fuck for less about the laws.

I can see a problem with this right off the bat. It will explicitly not prevent mass shootings - IIRC several of the mass shooters do not have previous convictions for anything, therefore they'd never make it onto the "not allowed to buy guns list" before committing their crimes.

Secondly, it requires explicitly taking away people's constitutional rights - not something lightly done, and especially not something easy to pass even with the anti-gun crowd.

Third, the process for deciding who's incompetent to own a gun - how can you decide that? Already you guys have some sort of process in place to do this, yet it doesn't work all that well. What if someone's borderline?

Last, as you yourself have pointed out "criminals couldn't give a fuck about the law". So long as legal weapons are around in large quantities, they *will* be able to obtain them without too much difficulty, especially if it's for a once-off crime.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-06-2016, 04:04 AM
(20-06-2016 12:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  Last, as you yourself have pointed out "criminals couldn't give a fuck about the law". So long as legal weapons are around in large quantities, they *will* be able to obtain them without too much difficulty, especially if it's for a once-off crime.

A man bent on murder will not bey the niceties of lesser laws. There are 350 million guns here in America. Legal or not, I could go out, score a gun, do my dirty work, chuck it in a lake, and be done with the whole affair, should I so desire.

What law will change that?
20-06-2016, 04:53 AM
(20-06-2016 04:04 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 12:22 AM)morondog Wrote:  Last, as you yourself have pointed out "criminals couldn't give a fuck about the law". So long as legal weapons are around in large quantities, they *will* be able to obtain them without too much difficulty, especially if it's for a once-off crime.

A man bent on murder will not bey the niceties of lesser laws. There are 350 million guns here in America. Legal or not, I could go out, score a gun, do my dirty work, chuck it in a lake, and be done with the whole affair, should I so desire.

A scheme where the number of guns is reduced - by buying them back and destroying them.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-06-2016, 05:00 AM
(20-06-2016 04:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 04:04 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  A man bent on murder will not bey the niceties of lesser laws. There are 350 million guns here in America. Legal or not, I could go out, score a gun, do my dirty work, chuck it in a lake, and be done with the whole affair, should I so desire.

A scheme where the number of guns is reduced - by buying them back and destroying them.

If that is voluntary, it won't garner many guns. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-06-2016, 05:04 AM
(20-06-2016 05:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 04:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  A scheme where the number of guns is reduced - by buying them back and destroying them.

http://www.npr.org/2013/01/15/169439243/...-they-work
20-06-2016, 06:03 AM
(20-06-2016 05:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 04:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  A scheme where the number of guns is reduced - by buying them back and destroying them.

Make it involuntary. It's not total taking away of people's guns, it's removing the ones typically used for mass murders (I imagine high magazine capacity and so forth, not that I know much about that). And not even totally that I would imagine - just making it much harder to legally own such weapons. People can still own their pistols for home defence, their rifles for hunting.

Look, I know it must look hopelessly naive, but I can't see any other way to achieve the objective of less mass shootings other than reducing the number of those type of guns that make mass shootings possible. Thump mentioned just now, that if he wanted to obtain a weapon illegally, with the number of weapons in circulation in America right now, it'd be as easy as pie. So somehow *if* the objective is worth going for, the number of these kinds of weapons which make mass shootings easy must be reduced.

Or you could make it prohibitively expensive to own a licence for more than two firearms? My bro in the UK was saying that the government is making it super expensive to own a second home - maybe something like that would work.

While these are measures which won't be popular with OnlineBiker, targeting legal gun owners, they're the kind of steps that might stand a chance of reducing the number of weapons in circulation.

20-06-2016, 06:15 AM
(20-06-2016 05:04 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 05:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  If that is voluntary, it won't garner many guns. Consider

http://www.npr.org/2013/01/15/169439243/...-they-work

NPR Wrote:A Harvard University study dating from the mid-1990s concluded that buybacks were largely ineffective in reducing gun violence because they weren't getting the right kinds of weapons off the street.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]