[split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2016, 09:03 AM
RE: [split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)
(20-06-2016 09:01 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 09:00 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Nobody open carries at all? Anywhere? Those pictures we see are fake?

Nobody said that but when you say everyone does everywhere there is open carry prepared to be debated on that.

When did I say everyone does everywhere there is open carry? If people are allowed to do it then some will, right?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2016, 09:15 AM
(20-06-2016 09:00 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 08:58 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  indiana has open carry too. only person ive seen do it was one of my friends a few years back. he was just doing it to try to start shit though, as he saw youtube videos of others doing the same thing. he was a moron.

Moron with a gun. Okay, nothing to worry about then.

not a dangerous moron though. last i heard he hasnt participated in any shootings. he was just trying to prove that he could do it for the shock factor. since most people around here arent aware that you can do it. or dont want to do it, as it tends to draw attention. basically he was an attention whore.
Find all posts by this user
20-06-2016, 09:16 AM
I'll admit open carry laws are really dumb and anyone who doesn't feel even mildly intimated seeing someone open carry (that isn't in a uniform), is just wrong in the head.

A few years back someone from the local Air Force base decided it was a good idea to take a run through our neighborhood, full military garb, with a full pack and one of those fake guns that are weighted to feel like a real gun.

He ran down my street. Almost twice.

After causing three schools, two banks and two grocery stores to go on lock down, the police found him close to where I live. I guess it was sorta a funny conversation.

While I giggled because the gun didn't look like a real gun at all, in retrospect I can see the alarm.

The base CO issued apologies for the incident to the schools and businesses.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-06-2016, 09:28 AM
(20-06-2016 09:03 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 09:01 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Nobody said that but when you say everyone does everywhere there is open carry prepared to be debated on that.

When did I say everyone does everywhere there is open carry? If people are allowed to do it then some will, right?

(20-06-2016 06:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Anywhere open carry is legal you'll see such.

Meaning everywhere there is open carry you expect to see someone with a gun, which is false.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
20-06-2016, 09:39 AM
(20-06-2016 09:28 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 09:03 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  When did I say everyone does everywhere there is open carry? If people are allowed to do it then some will, right?

(20-06-2016 06:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Anywhere open carry is legal you'll see such.

Meaning everywhere there is open carry you expect to see someone with a gun, which is false.
No, you're bending what I said. Trying reading what I said, because that's what I meant.
20-06-2016, 09:43 AM
(20-06-2016 09:15 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 09:00 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Moron with a gun. Okay, nothing to worry about then.

not a dangerous moron though. last i heard he hasnt participated in any shootings. he was just trying to prove that he could do it for the shock factor. since most people around here arent aware that you can do it. or dont want to do it, as it tends to draw attention. basically he was an attention whore.

And you said he was trying to start some shit. While armed. Trolling other people with his gun. No problem there you can see?
20-06-2016, 10:26 AM
(20-06-2016 04:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 04:04 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  A man bent on murder will not bey the niceties of lesser laws. There are 350 million guns here in America. Legal or not, I could go out, score a gun, do my dirty work, chuck it in a lake, and be done with the whole affair, should I so desire.

What law will change that?

A scheme where the number of guns is reduced - by buying them back and destroying them.

Unless it's mandatory, it will be incomplete. And if it is mandatory, it might well fall afoul of the 2A.

Politics is the art of the possible.
20-06-2016, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2016 10:38 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(20-06-2016 06:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 06:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  Does this regularly happen to you? Or anyone? Consider

Anywhere open carry is legal you'll see such.

Open carry is legal here in Texas. I have yet to see anyone "swaggering around" (or using any other gait) with a rifle over their shoulder where I live. Such carriage has been legal for a loooooong time, and the most you'll see is a rfile racked in a truck's cab, and even that's very rare.

It should be noted that rifles have been legal to carry in public here for quite some time.
20-06-2016, 10:37 AM
(20-06-2016 10:33 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  

Open carry is legal here in Texas. I have yet to see anyone "swaggering around" (or using any other gait) with a rifle over their shoulder where I live. Such carriage has been legal for a loooooong time, and the most you'll see is a rfile racked in a tuck's cab.

It should be noted that rifles have been legal to carry in public here for quite some time.

So it never happens there?
20-06-2016, 10:44 AM
(20-06-2016 08:40 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 07:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  I haven't shot you. Or anyone. Drinking Beverage

Yet. You can't prove to me you will always be safe with a gun.

And I don't need to. Your perception is not my responsibility.

The FBI, the State Police, the local police, and other agencies have judged me safe. Repeatedly.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]