[split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2016, 10:59 AM
RE: [split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)
(20-06-2016 10:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 08:40 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Yet. You can't prove to me you will always be safe with a gun.

And I don't need to. Your perception is not my responsibility.

The FBI, the State Police, the local police, and other agencies have judged me safe. Repeatedly.

Oh, good. Now prove you will stay that way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2016, 11:07 AM
(20-06-2016 10:59 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 10:44 AM)Chas Wrote:  And I don't need to. Your perception is not my responsibility.

The FBI, the State Police, the local police, and other agencies have judged me safe. Repeatedly.

Oh, good. Now prove you will stay that way.

Every time I buy a gun the FBI checks all the databases; every time I renew my license all the agencies do a check, every time I buy ammunition or reloading components I have to show a current license.

If a law enforcement agency sees me as a danger, my license can be suspended or revoked.

I ain't gotta prove shit to you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-06-2016, 11:12 AM
(20-06-2016 11:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 10:59 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Oh, good. Now prove you will stay that way.

Every time I buy a gun the FBI checks all the databases; every time I renew my license all the agencies do a check, every time I buy ammunition or reloading components I have to show a current license.

If a law enforcement agency sees me as a danger, my license can be suspended or revoked.

Yep, and I don't have to believe you're safe carrying a gun. Oh, but you could have the FBI call me and say that you were safe the last time they checked on you, apparently.
20-06-2016, 11:18 AM
(20-06-2016 11:12 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 11:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  Every time I buy a gun the FBI checks all the databases; every time I renew my license all the agencies do a check, every time I buy ammunition or reloading components I have to show a current license.

Yep, and I don't have to believe you're safe carrying a gun. Oh, but you could have the FBI call me and say that you were safe the last time they checked on you, apparently.

Do you have any idea how silly you sound? Consider

20-06-2016, 11:20 AM
(20-06-2016 11:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 11:12 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Yep, and I don't have to believe you're safe carrying a gun. Oh, but you could have the FBI call me and say that you were safe the last time they checked on you, apparently.

I'm not the one who can't defend their responsibility. Facepalm
20-06-2016, 11:21 AM
(20-06-2016 11:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 11:12 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Yep, and I don't have to believe you're safe carrying a gun. Oh, but you could have the FBI call me and say that you were safe the last time they checked on you, apparently.

BTW, please don't descend into defensiveness.
20-06-2016, 11:29 AM
(20-06-2016 11:21 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 11:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  Do you have any idea how silly you sound? Consider

BTW, please don't descend into defensiveness.

Haven't and won't. But thanks for the caution.

20-06-2016, 11:31 AM
(20-06-2016 11:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 11:21 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  BTW, please don't descend into defensiveness.

Haven't and won't. But thanks for the caution.

Okay then. Rolleyes
20-06-2016, 11:46 AM
(20-06-2016 11:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 10:59 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Oh, good. Now prove you will stay that way.

Oh bullshit, our gun laws are so full of Swiss cheese it is fucking ridiculous. Just saw a piece this morning on gun record keeping, it is not all digital online, just like the VA hospitals are mostly old paperwork. The NRA obstructs every measure to update data tracking.

I hate assholes who always make it about them the individual. I am talking about the climate a a whole. If it worked as well as you say nobody would be bitching and we wouldn't have all the gun deaths we do.

Idiots like you think "responsible" merely means having no record at the time of legal purchase. I don't want to hear shit from you screaming you want to keep them out of the wrong hands then scream when people actually try to take measures just to do that.

Just be honest and say you don't give a fuck and simply want your guns because you love them. No you don't have to prove shit to us, but we don't have to prove shit to you either. "We the people" does not mean only do what you say all the time. That is why we vote. If you don't like it, tough shit. But sane people are fucking tired about hearing about gun deaths every day.

FUCK THE NRA!

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
20-06-2016, 12:52 PM
(20-06-2016 10:37 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 10:33 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Open carry is legal here in Texas. I have yet to see anyone "swaggering around" (or using any other gait) with a rifle over their shoulder where I live. Such carriage has been legal for a loooooong time, and the most you'll see is a rfile racked in a tuck's cab.

It should be noted that rifles have been legal to carry in public here for quite some time.

So it never happens there?

Why do you ask? Did I give you that impression? Having issues with your reading glasses today?

Surely you understand the simple English I used. I suggest you read what i write, not what you wish to see.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post