[split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2016, 08:21 AM
RE: [split] Gun Control (Orlando Mass Shooting)
(13-06-2016 06:33 AM)tomilay Wrote:  That's why you give police the guns in 2016. Hostage and violent situations(because of the said criminals with easy access to guns) are always handled by swat teams; not armed vigilantes. Why?

The idea that armed civilians help reduce gun violence is debunked every other month right here in the US.

But here is the problem, what about a situation where you can call or reach the cops. The cops don't know exactly when someone is going to be attacked, and if you aren't a big guy, or you are old and weak, a gun can give you an edge to defend yourself.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
13-06-2016, 08:54 AM
I've been saying for a while that a Paris style attack would happen on American soil. I predicted that if it happened before the November election the republicans would win the white house. I've also said many times that the time for games is over. We could ban and confiscate every single gun in the U.S., the terrorists would just get them from Mexico and continue the attacks. Gun laws and a gun ban in France didn't stop 120+ people from being killed in Paris.

No my friends, the time has come. The U.S. is at war. American citizens are now the combatants. These attacks will continue. You can choose to stay disarmed and hope that someone around you will draw their weapon to protect you. Or you can protect yourself. I choose to carry a gun everywhere I go. Terrorists will continue to attack places where unarmed people congregate. It's time to send the message that we will return fire.

If you live in a location that doesn't allow concealed carry, it's time to demand the laws be changed or its time to move. Don't patronize businesses that are "gun free zones." Damn people we are Americans. Stand up for yourself. Do not be victims. Don't just lay there and piss on yourself as the terrorists mow down your family and friends.

Buy a firearm. Learn how to use it. Protect yourself. The criminals and terrorists will never disarm. It's us or them.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
13-06-2016, 08:55 AM
(13-06-2016 08:21 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 06:33 AM)tomilay Wrote:  That's why you give police the guns in 2016. Hostage and violent situations(because of the said criminals with easy access to guns) are always handled by swat teams; not armed vigilantes. Why?

The idea that armed civilians help reduce gun violence is debunked every other month right here in the US.

But here is the problem, what about a situation where you can call or reach the cops. The cops don't know exactly when someone is going to be attacked, and if you aren't a big guy, or you are old and weak, a gun can give you an edge to defend yourself.
A fair point. It would be interesting to see the numbers to support that argument. Something documenting how many times the possession of a firearm has saved the situation from bullies and even thugs.

One could on the converse argue that it is a worthwhile risk. An acceptable tradeoff. Forcing Americans to live with risks similar to those faced by unarmed people in Germany, Japan, Australia etc.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
13-06-2016, 09:40 AM
(13-06-2016 08:54 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's us or them.

Who you calling "us", kimo sabe. I for one want nothing to do with your idiotic insurrection fantasies.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-06-2016, 09:48 AM
(13-06-2016 09:40 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Who you calling "us", kimo sabe. I for one want nothing to do with your idiotic insurrection fantasies.

He isn't talking about insurrection. It is about the reality of terrorist attacks.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-06-2016, 09:53 AM
(13-06-2016 09:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 09:40 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Who you calling "us", kimo sabe. I for one want nothing to do with your idiotic insurrection fantasies.

He isn't talking about insurrection. It is about the reality of terrorist attacks.

I got some Mossbergs I keep in my house. You think I need something else? Maryland will allow me to own a .50 caliber machine gun as long as I pass a security clearance level background check and register it with ATF and Maryland and pay a few hundred dollars. Should I go that route?

#sigh
13-06-2016, 09:59 AM
(13-06-2016 09:40 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

This is about Americans having the ability to protect themselves if they so choose to. This isn't about fighting the government in any way. It is about "us." ALL Americans. We all have the 2nd amendment. It's time we ALL start using it. The ones who choose to not use their 2nd amendment rights will be victims. Keeping a mossberg in your house is great for home invaders or burglers, but you have to leave the house some time. The government won't be there to protect us at the mall. The government won't protect us while we're sitting in McDonald's eating a cheeseburger. This is guerilla warfare. These fucks aren't bringing the war to our military. They're bringing the war straight to US. We have a unique ability here in America to protect ourselves. It's time the terrorists come to realize this.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
13-06-2016, 10:17 AM
(13-06-2016 09:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 09:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  He isn't talking about insurrection. It is about the reality of terrorist attacks.

I got some Mossbergs I keep in my house. You think I need something else?

No, why do you think I did? Consider

Quote:Maryland will allow me to own a .50 caliber machine gun as long as I pass a security clearance level background check and register it with ATF and Maryland and pay a few hundred dollars. Should I go that route?

That machine .50 cal. machine gun will cost you north of $25,000 assuming you can even find one for sale.

The only machine guns that are legal to own are ones manufactured before May 19th, 1986 except for police, military, and federally-licensed dealers.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2016, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2016 10:56 AM by GirlyMan.)
(13-06-2016 10:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 09:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I got some Mossbergs I keep in my house. You think I need something else?

No, why do you think I did? Consider

I didn't, I was just interested in your opinion.

(13-06-2016 10:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 09:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Maryland will allow me to own a .50 caliber machine gun as long as I pass a security clearance level background check and register it with ATF and Maryland and pay a few hundred dollars. Should I go that route?

That machine .50 cal. machine gun will cost you north of $25,000 assuming you can even find one for sale.

The only machine guns that are legal to own are ones manufactured before May 19th, 1986 except for police, military, and federally-licensed dealers.

Well given the urgency and dire straits that DarkHelmet is warning of it's money well spent. ... dunno how I can afford the ammo though. Hey, don't you load your own?

And I don't understand all these gun owners and the NRA suggesting I can't own a fully automatic weapon. I sure as shit can even in the Peoples Republic of Maryland. Hell I can own a cannon if I want.

#sigh
13-06-2016, 11:04 AM
The answer to your conundrum, Girley, is to go semi-auto. You can buy a semi-auto M2 for less than $10K. Another $500 gets you a perfectly legal Crankfire system for it. Can't help you much with the ammo. Cheap ball ammo is running about $2.50 a round right now.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]