[split] Harvey support thread (moved)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2017, 10:26 AM
[split] Harvey support thread (moved)
Help! I am trying to figure out how to start a new thread. I see that I have actually done it before , but cannot figure it again.
But Help is what I wanted to talk about. Harvey help. I am wanting to volunteer and the three sites I have found to volunteer at so far require That I make a statement of faith to Jesus or Thor or one of them godses. Don't think it was multiple choice though.
Is there some organization who is accepting volunteers that Jesus hasn't gotten mixed up in? Thanks and if anyone knows how to extract this and put it in a thread of its own, please do so for me. OK?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2017, 11:30 AM
RE: In need of advice
(14-09-2017 10:26 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  But Help is what I wanted to talk about. Harvey help. I am wanting to volunteer and the three sites I have found to volunteer at so far require That I make a statement of faith to Jesus or Thor or one of them godses. Don't think it was multiple choice though.

Atheists Are Helping After Harvey

Around here, there are plenty of places where volunteers are needed to help load trucks with emergency supplies, box things up, and whatever. There are probably a lot of places in your local area that are not religious where you can help. Check the organizations in the article above.

Go to any forum topic area (like Personal Issues and Support) and look to the right above/below the threads titles for the New Thread button.
[+] 1 user Likes Rockblossom's post
14-09-2017, 05:50 PM
RE: [split] Harvey support thread (moved)
Thanks. Hoping to find some organization where they bunk me and feed me and I put out work for free.
14-09-2017, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2017 07:43 PM by Aliza.)
RE: [split] Harvey support thread (moved)
(14-09-2017 05:50 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Thanks. Hoping to find some organization where they bunk me and feed me and I put out work for free.

They'll bunk you at a shelter and you can perform a function for them in return. It is literally 3 hots and a cot. Staff quarters are generally kept separate from the general population.

Are you displaced from the storm or are you looking to give back to your community, but you can't travel back and forth every day to the disaster location?

What kind of work would you like to do? Is this a one time thing or do you think you'd want to do this in the future, too?