RE: [split] I&I asks about rep / Helping I&I
Just stop being a dick.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2013, 09:55 PM
[split] I&I asks about rep / Helping I&I
(23-10-2013 09:02 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(23-10-2013 08:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Actually people do like cjlr...

Yeah funny that the -19 repped member is saying the +61 repped member is disliked. I think most people consider cjlr the best debater on the forum and a very knowledgeable person. Where as the main impression of I&I is that of a basement-dwelling mongoloid tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy nut. Guess we're crazy Muffs cause you and I both know I&I is never wrong about anything ever. Yes

Funny that we established earlier that reps don't mean anything except for personal dislike or like of someone.
23-10-2013, 09:58 PM
(23-10-2013 09:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Just stop being a dick.

People are on this thread being a dick to me. What do you want me to stop doing? Are you paying attention to the past few pages of this thread? I also asked you a question.
23-10-2013, 10:00 PM
People are dicks to me in every thread including this one. But only my responses even when not offensive get noticed. I haven't been offensive in this thread at all yet I have to "stop" doing something. What do you want me to stop?
23-10-2013, 10:01 PM
And I answered it, you can read can't you?

No one has asked you to apologize. We don't expect that from you and if you did it would be sarcastic and dickish so what's the point?

Just get over yourself and your damn confrontational and defensive attitude and attempt to communicate in a way that doesn't piss people off.

23-10-2013, 10:13 PM
(23-10-2013 10:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  And I answered it, you can read can't you?

No one has asked you to apologize. We don't expect that from you and if you did it would be sarcastic and dickish so what's the point?

Just get over yourself and your damn confrontational and defensive attitude and attempt to communicate in a way that doesn't piss people off.

I asked you what you would do if people were dicks to you in every thread you made. When and where did you answer this question?

"You can read can't you". A patronizing question. Which I will respond to with a patronizing remark.

I assumed you could read and noticed the question earlier as to what topic triggered the banning of me starting threads.

There still is no answer as to what topic triggered the the banning of starting threads and why certain topics were locked.

Are those topics not allowed in the forum?
23-10-2013, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2013 10:27 PM by Heathen.)
I&I, why are you so obsessed about your "rep" anyway? This place is not a popularity contest. It's a place where people can have an uncensored free exchange of ideas, and a pretty good place for it IMO. It's a place that allows you to pose questions and have many people respond to you. And in a serious manner of the most part. That's pretty rare. It is your argumentative demeanor that puts people off, not your questions. You often have an interesting angle that I think people appreciate, otherwise your numerous topics would be empty. My advice: When you ask a good question, listen to the answers. It's not a contest, it's a discussion. No one has to 'win'. Accept that you may not know the answer (that's usually why people ask questions in the first place) and perhaps allow for the possibility that someone here may actually change your mind about something. I try to do that and I find it quite invigorating. You really should relax and try it.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
23-10-2013, 10:23 PM
(23-10-2013 10:14 PM)Heathen Wrote:  I&I, why are you so obsessed about your "rep" anyway? This place is not a popularity contest. It's a place where people can have an uncensored free exchange of ideas, and a pretty good place for it IMO. It's a place that allows you to pose questions and have many people respond to you. And in a serious manner of the most part. That's pretty rare. It is your argumentative demeanor that puts people off, not your questions. You often have an interesting angle that I think people appreciate, otherwise your numerous topics would be empty. My advice: When you ask a good question, listen to the answers. It's not a contest, it's a discussion. No one has to 'win'.

I am not obsessed with reps, it was a way to get the discussion going as to why I was banned from making threads along with certain threads of one being closed. I am going to be defensive when someone attacks me in a thread. To expect a person to not attack back is not a realistic expectation. I have never started attacking anyone in any thread including this one.
23-10-2013, 10:24 PM
I&I...I didn't curtail your ability to start threads, therefore I cannot give you a definitive answer to that question.

You don't like patronizing remarks yet you assume that everyone here is amused by your constant barrage of them to and about nearly everyone.

What you need to realize is that you created your forum persona and it's not very popular. If you want people to treat you better, perhaps you should stop thinking that your nasty remarks and provocative thread titles are cute and drawing people toward you in a positive way. No, you have pretty much turned everyone on this forum off. You are going to have to be the one to work on correcting the image you have created. If we are wrong about you then prove it. You can do that or not. If you continue the way you have been, you are not going to improve your standing here. It's on you dude. Continue to be a dick and get treated as such or get your shit together and act like you really want to be included in the community in a good way. I don't know how many times I have to repeat that concept before it starts to sink in.

No one here has asked for an apology from you. If you would just stop with your nasty attitude and your defensive posturing you might actually win a few people over. But that won't happen over night.

People who come to the forum are treated based on the way they present themselves. Take some fucking responsibility for your actions.

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
23-10-2013, 10:30 PM
This forum is not all about you I&I. You may actually hold the record for the number of threads started. Perhaps people are telling you that you need to be a little more selective. Have you ever typed something, thought about it and then deleted it before posting? Most people do that a lot. I know I do.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes Heathen's post