[split] I&I asks about rep / Helping I&I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2013, 11:46 PM
RE: [split] I&I asks about rep / Helping I&I
(22-10-2013 11:21 PM)I and I Wrote:  Shouldn't negative reps be reviewed by administrators? People have given me negative reps saying I am an anti-semite, without any links or evidence to their claim.
Is making up something about someone allowed in giving negative reps? YES or NO

If yes, can anyone on the forum give negative reps simply because they don't like someone?

Drinking Beverage

My thoughts. Take the reps as a representation of the temperaments of those voting.

It's easy to preach to the the choir. See who dislike you via reps history, and try to change your tactics to "win them over". The world (and forum) isn't the way it is as you like it to be because people don't think like you. Try to "convert" as many as you can. And you can use your reps history as an indicator of your success or failure.

If what I said doesn't concern you. then reps have no real use, so no need to worry about it if you have no control over it (other than changing the person that you want to represent online).
And also if the people reping have no worth in your eyes (their opinions don't matter), again, no real issue there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2013, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2013 02:14 AM by GirlyMan.)
(22-10-2013 11:21 PM)I and I Wrote:  If yes, can anyone on the forum give negative reps simply because they don't like someone?

Yup. Girly got no idea how to help you since I find you funny as fuck. But I also find TrainWreck funny as fuck at -30 rep so the community don't share Girly's sense of humor. ... A timeout from posting new threads and forcing you to respond to existing threads and the community might realize that you are funny as fuck. ... Or not.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
26-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Once again, I'm late to the party. And, I did not bother to read the previous 14 1/2 pages but I did read through like the first 7 or 8 and I think I've got the general gist of the discussion. So, my small contribution to this thread is this: if everyone else is able to get along with everyone but you, and everyone has the problem with you, then the problem isn't everyone else, it's you.

As for your various questions about why people don't like you, all I can say is perhaps if you were a little less deliberately obtuse you wouldn't get slammed all the time. I have a pretty good idea that you know exactly what sets people off because it's pretty much the same behavior every single time. If you can't figure out how to interact with people, you need to seek help from professionals, not an internet message board.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
26-10-2013, 11:54 AM
(26-10-2013 01:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-10-2013 11:21 PM)I and I Wrote:  If yes, can anyone on the forum give negative reps simply because they don't like someone?

Yup. Girly got no idea how to help you since I find you funny as fuck. But I also find TrainWreck funny as fuck at -30 rep so the community don't share Girly's sense of humor. ... A timeout from posting new threads and forcing you to respond to existing threads and the community might realize that you are funny as fuck. ... Or not.

Funny as in 'ha ha' or funny as in 'peculiar'?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-10-2013, 12:17 PM
I disagree with you BnW. Sometimes the majority is absolutely wrong.

Not that I think this is the case here, but more importantly it doesn't matter.

If the people who run the forum want a certain behaviour to stop, then that's all there is to it. It doesn't matter if it wasn't in the rules, or if people disagree. If someone says something like "Don't continuously post the same topic, with the same points over and over again" and you don't feel like listening because you don't agree, it really doesn't matter.

If they said it then that's all there is to it. You don't like it to bad so sad. Go somewhere else. If you want to stay then do what you are told. Stop being a little whiny baby, or I'll send you to your room without supper.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
26-10-2013, 12:33 PM
(26-10-2013 12:17 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I disagree with you BnW. Sometimes the majority is absolutely wrong.

If the people who run the forum want a certain behaviour to stop, then that's all there is to it. It doesn't matter if it wasn't in the rules, or if people disagree. If someone says something like "Don't continuously post the same topic, with the same points over and over again" and you don't feel like listening because you don't agree, it really doesn't matter.

If they said it then that's all there is to it. You don't like it to bad so sad. Go somewhere else. If you want to stay then do what you are told. Stop being a little whiny baby, or I'll send you to your room without supper.

Indeed this (and all forums) are a dictatorship not a democracy. We hope it is a benevolent dictatorship and on the whole the intention is to avoid capricious and unfair judgments but in the end it comes down to what the Admins supermods and mods allow so there is always a bit of the subjective to it.

On the whole the rep system works as intended if you have a negative overall rep you have done something to earn it. As to the whole "Poor me standing up against the majority" act I&I likes to pull I can name several examples of people that actually do have an opposite opinion to the majority of the forum and yet have net positive reps, Kingschoosen and Luminon being the two prime examples.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
26-10-2013, 01:13 PM
(26-10-2013 11:54 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-10-2013 01:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yup. Girly got no idea how to help you since I find you funny as fuck. But I also find TrainWreck funny as fuck at -30 rep so the community don't share Girly's sense of humor. ... A timeout from posting new threads and forcing you to respond to existing threads and the community might realize that you are funny as fuck. ... Or not.

Funny as in 'ha ha' or funny as in 'peculiar'?

Yes.

(26-10-2013 12:17 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I disagree with you BnW. Sometimes the majority is absolutely wrong.

The evil sewer-dwelling son of a bitch bastard clown knows of that which he speaks.

26-10-2013, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2013 01:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
Fuckibn' double posts.

26-10-2013, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2013 01:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
The fuck?

26-10-2013, 02:06 PM
It's the purview of only the most sanctimonious shitgrinning asshole to carry on as though holding a minority viewpoint were somehow virtuous in and of itself.

It's quite possible to disagree and remain cordial. It's quite possible to disagree fundamentally and emphatically and remain cordial. So there's that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post