[split] I&I asks about rep / Helping I&I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2013, 05:19 AM
RE: [split] I&I asks about rep / Helping I&I
So I'm thinking this is a good thread to continue pointing out I&I behaviour that triggers negative responses, at least in myself. Here's one:
"How is science a beautiful nature? Science is a instrumental tool that only humans use. Unless what is being said is.... It is elegant how we humans can label things as elegant."
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid398454

So this is a thread that has been going for about three years, has about 500 replies, and is mostly on the subject of recent interesting science news or other interesting science-related ideas and information. I&I's contribution to the thread is: If something is a tool that only humans use it cannot be beautiful or elegant. This is ill-formed, unfounded, nonsensical and irrelevant.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
27-10-2013, 09:15 AM
[split] I&I asks about rep / Helping I&I
(27-10-2013 05:19 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So I'm thinking this is a good thread to continue pointing out I&I behaviour that triggers negative responses, at least in myself. Here's one:
"How is science a beautiful nature? Science is a instrumental tool that only humans use. Unless what is being said is.... It is elegant how we humans can label things as elegant."
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid398454

So this is a thread that has been going for about three years, has about 500 replies, and is mostly on the subject of recent interesting science news or other interesting science-related ideas and information. I&I's contribution to the thread is: If something is a tool that only humans use it cannot be beautiful or elegant. This is ill-formed, unfounded, nonsensical and irrelevant.

Science is a human tool that we use to understand the world, help people, hurt people, profit off of people. Explain how this belief is somehow not true. I am assuming you disagree with my stance.
27-10-2013, 10:21 PM
You always assume, and never bother to find out anything. You don't listen. You aren't interested. Your ignorant bigoted opinion is all that counts. Your opinions have no basis, no merit, no value, and no prospect for correction.

"Deficient immune systems are real and happen for many reasons among humans. People that believe that HIV is real are scum worthless idiot sheep."
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid403645

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 6 users Like Hafnof's post
29-10-2013, 09:39 AM
To BrokenQuill92:
"I think you just made all of that up. I and nobody I have known or heard of thinks of disabled people in that way.
Next
Coffeedrinker"
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-Prejudice

29-10-2013, 02:32 PM
(26-10-2013 12:17 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I disagree with you BnW. Sometimes the majority is absolutely wrong.

The majority can sometimes be wrong when dealing with established provable facts. Not so with opinions. I&I's rep is comprised of individual people's opinions. They are as they are. They are "true". Now, people can certainly change their minds about him and then declare that "they were wrong about him" but they would then give him positive rep. His rep at any given time is "true" for those who contributed to it. He can alter his style if his wishes, or he can carry on as he has. That's his business. At this point I don't think many really care. I certainly don't and have chosen to stop attempting to engage with him. Complaining that people have a negative opinion of you and creating a thread about it sure doesn't help matters any. I believe it's a symptom of delusion.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
29-10-2013, 02:42 PM
(29-10-2013 02:32 PM)Heathen Wrote:  
(26-10-2013 12:17 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I disagree with you BnW. Sometimes the majority is absolutely wrong.

The majority can sometimes be wrong when dealing with established provable facts. Not so with opinions. I&I's rep is comprised of individual people's opinions. They are as they are. They are "true". Now, people can certainly change their minds about him and then declare that "they were wrong about him" but they would then give him positive rep. His rep at any given time is "true" for those who contributed to it. He can alter his style if his wishes, or he can carry on as he has. That's his business. At this point I don't think many really care. I certainly don't and have chosen to stop attempting to engage with him. Complaining that people have a negative opinion of you and creating a thread about it sure doesn't help matters any. I believe it's a symptom of delusion.

If "truth" is determined by consensus then where does that leave science? (I also started a thread about this, however, since it was me who made the thread then of course it had to be a topic out of the depths of evil and not worth discussing.

Or maybe that is what stupid people do when you introduce a topic they have never considered?
29-10-2013, 02:54 PM
(29-10-2013 02:42 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(29-10-2013 02:32 PM)Heathen Wrote:  The majority can sometimes be wrong when dealing with established provable facts. Not so with opinions. I&I's rep is comprised of individual people's opinions. They are as they are. They are "true". Now, people can certainly change their minds about him and then declare that "they were wrong about him" but they would then give him positive rep. His rep at any given time is "true" for those who contributed to it. He can alter his style if his wishes, or he can carry on as he has. That's his business. At this point I don't think many really care. I certainly don't and have chosen to stop attempting to engage with him. Complaining that people have a negative opinion of you and creating a thread about it sure doesn't help matters any. I believe it's a symptom of delusion.

If "truth" is determined by consensus then where does that leave science? (I also started a thread about this, however, since it was me who made the thread then of course it had to be a topic out of the depths of evil and not worth discussing.

Or maybe that is what stupid people do when you introduce a topic they have never considered?

Why can't you just except that people think you are an asshole?

Be a proud asshole, glorify your assholiness , wear it like it's a stigmata.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
29-10-2013, 02:57 PM
(29-10-2013 02:32 PM)Heathen Wrote:  The majority can sometimes be wrong when dealing with established provable facts. Not so with opinions. I&I's rep is comprised of individual people's opinions. They are as they are. They are "true". Now, people can certainly change their minds about him and then declare that "they were wrong about him" but they would then give him positive rep. His rep at any given time is "true" for those who contributed to it. He can alter his style if his wishes, or he can carry on as he has. That's his business. At this point I don't think many really care. I certainly don't and have chosen to stop attempting to engage with him. Complaining that people have a negative opinion of you and creating a thread about it sure doesn't help matters any. I believe it's a symptom of delusion.

That is a post in classic I&I style.

He didn't say truth is determined by consensus.

Calling everyone stupid and assuming no one has considered a topic are truly arrogant assumptions.

You are an asshole. What's more, you seem unable to understand why or how you are an asshole.

You appear to have no ability to listen, to reflect, or to introspect.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
29-10-2013, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2013 03:36 PM by Heathen.)
As usual, he didn't read a word I said.

Where did I say that the truth (when dealing with established provable fact) is determined by consensus? He missed the nuance there. I was speaking of opinion, not fact. Once again he seems to have a problem with establishing definitions before engaging in debate. He has a habit of reading a lot into what people say and going off on a tangent, rather that asking them to clarify what they mean.
Where did I say that this thread came from the depths of evil?
Where does he get off claiming that his topics are something that people have never considered? I agree, that seems rather arrogant.

Perhaps the last sentence upset him?

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
29-10-2013, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2013 01:19 AM by earmuffs.)

You're gross and you smell bad. Go away.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.