[split] I&I asks about rep / Helping I&I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2013, 07:56 AM
(01-11-2013 06:20 AM)BryanS Wrote:  Here's another example of I&I ass-hattery

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid406428
"In aggressive fascist waste of space cunt news, the Israeli government has bombed Syria again, entering its territory and attacking a nation that hasn't attacked Israel."

This is how I&I debates the issues. I may also think the attack is problematic, but I wouldn't call it "aggressive fascist waste of space cunt news".

And you wonder, I&I, why people think you are a Jew-hater.

So..... I think aggressive fascists (Israel being one of several fascist nations) are a waste of space.......which could only mean one thing. Anti-fascism=Jew hater.

Right. This is why you are an idiot, you can't accept any criticism of Israel at all, EVERY criticism of Israel gets the same response from you. Which begs the question, are you am atheist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2013, 08:25 AM
RE: [split] I&I asks about rep / Helping I&I
(01-11-2013 07:56 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(01-11-2013 06:20 AM)BryanS Wrote:  Here's another example of I&I ass-hattery

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid406428
"In aggressive fascist waste of space cunt news, the Israeli government has bombed Syria again, entering its territory and attacking a nation that hasn't attacked Israel."

This is how I&I debates the issues. I may also think the attack is problematic, but I wouldn't call it "aggressive fascist waste of space cunt news".

And you wonder, I&I, why people think you are a Jew-hater.

So..... I think aggressive fascists (Israel being one of several fascist nations) are a waste of space.......which could only mean one thing. Anti-fascism=Jew hater.

Right. This is why you are an idiot, you can't accept any criticism of Israel at all, EVERY criticism of Israel gets the same response from you. Which begs the question, are you am atheist?

You left out cunt. The phrase you used was "aggressive fascist waste of space cunt".

Thanx for replying and adding to my point--and the point of this thread about how deserved your rating is.
01-11-2013, 08:31 AM
So I called a fascist country a cunt. Oh how terrible of me to call fascists degrading names.
01-11-2013, 08:34 AM
When you're not in the mix, I&I, I think you'll find plenty of criticism about Israel. It's hard to have a rational discussion with you involved though. You take such an irrationally extreme position that threads turn into counselling sessions where participants try to talk you down from the ledge. You state such extreme and baseless opinions that there is no point quibbling with any one else's opinions, nor can an actual debate about rights and wrongs and possible solutions take place. This seems like an irrationally sore point with you.

You are right that every extreme, irrational baseless criticism you make grants you a similar response. The occasional reasonable thing you say goes unnoticed amongst the bullet storm. You might be right about this Israeli attack, and you might be right that something should be said or something should be done about it. But your credibility is shot. I've spent enough time clicking links you provided that lead to fabrications and irrationality that I'm not inclined to follow up even when a link looks more or less promising. When you further couch your information in terms that are not rational you fail to attract me as a reader to engage you or your material any kind of constructive fashion.

Here is another way you could have presented the same information:
Israel has carried out an air strike in Syria, at least its sixth this year. This attack targeted Russian-made missiles that Israel claimed were being provided to Hezbollah. What justifies Israeli aggression against sovereign soil? Are international sorties of this type ever justified, and who should be policing them? Discuss.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24767571

Just dial back to the assertions and rhetoric. State only what you can evidentially support, and where you depart from a plain treatment of the facts make that clear in tone and style.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 4 users Like Hafnof's post
01-11-2013, 12:41 PM
(01-11-2013 08:34 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  When you're not in the mix, I&I, I think you'll find plenty of criticism about Israel. It's hard to have a rational discussion with you involved though. You take such an irrationally extreme position that threads turn into counselling sessions where participants try to talk you down from the ledge. You state such extreme and baseless opinions that there is no point quibbling with any one else's opinions, nor can an actual debate about rights and wrongs and possible solutions take place. This seems like an irrationally sore point with you.

You are right that every extreme, irrational baseless criticism you make grants you a similar response. The occasional reasonable thing you say goes unnoticed amongst the bullet storm. You might be right about this Israeli attack, and you might be right that something should be said or something should be done about it. But your credibility is shot. I've spent enough time clicking links you provided that lead to fabrications and irrationality that I'm not inclined to follow up even when a link looks more or less promising. When you further couch your information in terms that are not rational you fail to attract me as a reader to engage you or your material any kind of constructive fashion.

Here is another way you could have presented the same information:
Israel has carried out an air strike in Syria, at least its sixth this year. This attack targeted Russian-made missiles that Israel claimed were being provided to Hezbollah. What justifies Israeli aggression against sovereign soil? Are international sorties of this type ever justified, and who should be policing them? Discuss.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24767571

Just dial back to the assertions and rhetoric. State only what you can evidentially support, and where you depart from a plain treatment of the facts make that clear in tone and style.

I also asked in that post, whether or not countries are allowed to strike back at Israel. You do know that striking a nation first and entering its space is a war crime don't you?

Note: Japan and Germany officials were tried in court after ww2 and striking a nation first in a manner that Israel does to its neighbors is a war crime.

Making the question extremely important....Are nations allowed to attack Israel if Israel attacks them?

And you completely made up the reason for the attacks btw, Israel attacked a syrian military base IN A CITY THAT HAS BEEN IMPORTANT FOR THE TERRORISTS TRYING TO OVERTHROW ASSAD, AND THIS CITY HAS RECENTLY BEEN ALMOST CLEARED OF TERRORISTS. You are a liar and made it seem like Syria in a time of cool war is for some reason trying to give weapons away to Hezbollah. Hezbollah doesn't need syrias weapons, they notch slapped Israelis and kicked their ass the last time Israel started a fight with them.

Here is where me and you are different. My mind says: why in the fuck is Israel doing any fucking thing that might give leverage to Alqaeda terrorist militias? Your mind can't come up with the idea that maybe the attacks happened to give the terrorists leverage in that strategic town.
01-11-2013, 12:45 PM
I MIGHT???? Be right about the latest Israel attack???? What? This is when I think you have to be either in total denial or someone who doesn't watch any news. Mainstream media reported the attacks, they happened.
01-11-2013, 04:24 PM
It's good to see this sort of rant from I&I. This kind of post shows up on so many threads that I&I is on. Even if the topic is not about Israel, it ends up there once I&I shows up.

Usually I&I craps on a thread with anti Jewish rants when he is caught making an indefensible argument. It's a sort of anti-Semitic version of Gowdin's Law on display.
01-11-2013, 09:01 PM
I've been avoiding his other threads, as tempting as that may be, and have decided to only engage him in this one.

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
02-11-2013, 02:15 AM
Hafnof brought up Israel in this thread. You should try reading the thread before responding.
02-11-2013, 06:34 AM
That's not accurate, I&I: BriyanS quoted your bringing up Israel in another thread as an example of your posts that engender negative responses and negative reputation.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.