[split] I&I asks about rep / Helping I&I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2013, 06:50 AM
RE: Reputation arguments... AKA Reputations as Social Caste
I would just like to go on record that I&I and I (roflwtf) have had limited interaction up until this past week.

He has been civil towards me as well as polite. He's asked upfront questions without having a defensive tone. We have had pleasant, informative exchanges via PM, and I see improvement. If I didn't know about his past, I would think he is a pretty good guy based on this past week.

He has asked the question to everyone, but it seems to get glossed over.

Angie and Elk touched on it, though... but what could he do that would affect his interactions with the community in a more positive way?

I say this because I'm looking for constructive criticism... not I&I bashing because that doesn't produce results... just bickering.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-10-2013, 07:01 AM
RE: [split] I&I asks about rep / Helping I&I
Why you messing with stuff, KC? Peeps gonna start to think the admins actually do something. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
23-10-2013, 07:03 AM
(23-10-2013 07:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Why you messing with stuff, KC? Peeps gonna start to think the admins actually do something. Tongue

I know... I know.

Dang theist admin actually doing stuff on the forum.

It's a travesty I tell you!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-10-2013, 07:08 AM
I think it's as simple as just joining in discussions about a variety of topics and not purposefully trying to rile people up.

I&I chooses his words carefully to create conflict. I feel pretty sure he has the ability to choose words that encourage give and take that is more civil and enjoyable.

Jebus Kerist...I am trying to help I&I...I really need some sleep. Shocking

Seriously...don't just lead with nasty titles and topics to incite anger, at least for a while. But don't be surprised if people are hesitant to believe you really want interaction that isn't negative. It will take a while to undo what's been done.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
23-10-2013, 07:09 AM
(23-10-2013 07:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-10-2013 07:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Why you messing with stuff, KC? Peeps gonna start to think the admins actually do something. Tongue

I know... I know.

Dang theist admin actually doing stuff on the forum.

It's a travesty I tell you!

People are gonna start to have expectations. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
23-10-2013, 07:11 AM
If you are right, KC, that he is being more constructive, it will take time to win people over. Some people he will never win over. If your are a dick for a year you ain't gonna win people over in a week's time. There are consequences for your actions. Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
23-10-2013, 07:21 AM
(23-10-2013 07:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  If you are right, KC, that he is being more constructive, it will take time to win people over. Some people he will never win over. If your are a dick for a year you ain't gonna win people over in a week's time. There are consequences for your actions. Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

Likewise, people that have been dicks to me will take time to wine over. Carry on.
23-10-2013, 07:21 AM
(23-10-2013 07:21 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(23-10-2013 07:11 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  If you are right, KC, that he is being more constructive, it will take time to win people over. Some people he will never win over. If your are a dick for a year you ain't gonna win people over in a week's time. There are consequences for your actions. Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

Likewise, people that have been dicks to me will take time to wine over. Carry on.

Win
23-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Man, if only I had a rep point for every time you've insulted me.

Oh wait. I do.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
23-10-2013, 07:37 AM
(23-10-2013 07:32 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Man, if only I had a rep point for every time you've insulted me.

Oh wait. I do.

[Image: pC8jf5t4eWCDKcMu.jpg]

[Image: 9f6.gif]