[split] I&I + earmuffs censorship pissing contest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2013, 07:08 AM
RE: Ask a (GASP) CHINESE COMMUNIST ! ! !
(10-04-2013 03:03 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 10:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  By default all theism is a load of shit.

That didn't answer my question, which leads me to believe that you are just as imperfect as our Chinese friend.

Firstly, I am perfect in every way.
Second, it was an opinion, something I am able to actually formulate on my own without simply reading off a government approved list of appropriate answers.
Thirdly, you need to be more specific with your question. If they considered all the options and chose Christianity, then yes I would say that that person is a "true" Christian. If they are a Christian simply because that is all they have been taught and it's what society tells them to believe etc.. aka: don't shop around, then yes I would call them a "fake" Christian.
Fourthly, the Chinaman isn't my friend.
Fifthly, where the fuck have you been?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Good evening, earmuffs. Smile

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
10-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Hey earmuffs,

remember that dumb poster named shiranl? She lived in Israel and like all Israeli citizens, isn't allowed to discuss Israeli nuclear weapons, they can actually be put in jail for discussing them. Ever since I started posting about Israeli nuclear weapons, she stopped posting on this forum. What do you think about that kind of censorship? Or is that ok because it's a capitalist nation doing the censoring?
10-04-2013, 03:56 PM
(10-04-2013 01:36 PM)I and I Wrote:  Hey earmuffs,

remember that dumb poster named shiranl? She lived in Israel and like all Israeli citizens, isn't allowed to discuss Israeli nuclear weapons, they can actually be put in jail for discussing them. Ever since I started posting about Israeli nuclear weapons, she stopped posting on this forum. What do you think about that kind of censorship? Or is that ok because it's a capitalist nation doing the censoring?

Why cant I make death threats on here? That's censorship isn't it!
By coincidence, at several members have stopped posting here since reading this.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
10-04-2013, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 05:49 PM by Logica Humano.)
[split] I&I + earmuffs censorship pissing contest
(10-04-2013 07:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Firstly, I am perfect in every way.

Well that makes two of us then.

(10-04-2013 07:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Second, it was an opinion, something I am able to actually formulate on my own without simply reading off a government approved list of appropriate answers.

Erm, okay? Congratulations. I am quite sure that our Chinese friend can formulate his own opinions as well, since I did ask for his own personal opinion on America and he delivered.

(10-04-2013 07:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Thirdly, you need to be more specific with your question. If they considered all the options and chose Christianity, then yes I would say that that person is a "true" Christian. If they are a Christian simply because that is all they have been taught and it's what society tells them to believe etc.. aka: don't shop around, then yes I would call them a "fake" Christian.

I don't know how more accurate I can be when I say,

(09-04-2013 09:09 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  So is a Christian born in the United States, raised since birth to be a Christian, a "fake" Christian?

And you ask whether or not I mean a person born into Christianity.

Honestly, your opinion is malformed. You cannot possibly dictate what a person actually believes, nor can you realistically believe a person has considered all other possibly positions on any ideology. I have never once considered becoming a pantheist, so does that make me a fake atheist as well? You were born and conditioned to be proud of your nation, does that mean you are a fake New Zealander because you have not considered being proud of another country?

(10-04-2013 07:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fourthly, the Chinaman isn't my friend.

Disappointing that you are so adamantly opposed to appreciating a different perspective. I personally enjoy this thread because this "Chinaman" and I are able to maintain a rational discussion, which is something I desire for his country and mine to do as well.

(10-04-2013 07:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fifthly, where the fuck have you been?

Working mostly, though I did find time to look at the art thread and see that you haven't.

*if you have forgotten about my request, I will internet slap you.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
10-04-2013, 06:25 PM
(10-04-2013 01:36 PM)I and I Wrote:  Hey earmuffs,

You assume because I have one opinion of a country that I have a different one of another.
As always I&I, you are wrong.

Quote:Erm, okay? Congratulations. I am quite sure that our Chinese friend can formulate his own opinions as well, since I did ask for his own personal opinion on America and he delivered.

Ask his opinion on Chinese censorship and government owned media.
Drinking Beverage

Quote:Honestly, your opinion is malformed. You cannot possibly dictate what a person actually believes, nor can you realistically believe a person has considered all other possibly positions on any ideology. I have never once considered becoming a pantheist, so does that make me a fake atheist as well? You were born and conditioned to be proud of your nation, does that mean you are a fake New Zealander because you have not considered being proud of another country?

Just to clarify, my last post was a poor representation of my thought process behind my post when I said he's a fake atheist; he is a fake atheist because his religion is his government.
He might not believe in a god, but he has replaced god for Mao Zedong. He has replaced church with party meetings. He thinks what the party wants him to think (sure as fuck doesn't think on his own). Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he got down on two knees and prayed to the mighty Mao for guidance in his life.

Quote:Disappointing that you are so adamantly opposed to appreciating a different perspective.

What perspective? He's yet to give an opinion on the matter. All he's done is spouted off some news shit which didn't come close to answering the question and giving us his opinion on the matter.

Quote:Working mostly, though I did find time to look at the art thread and see that you haven't.

Yes, well that tone isn't helping your case.

10-04-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm sorry to say this, but I find Earmuffs usage of the term "chinaman" to be a racial slur.

I'm from San Francisco and that kind of talk would get your ass kicked.

I know Hu is a man who happens to live in China, but those words strung together that way, just not cool.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Of course it's a racial slur, it's intended to be offensive.
I'm not about to call him a fuzzy bunny now am I?

10-04-2013, 06:34 PM
(10-04-2013 06:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm sorry to say this, but I find Earmuffs usage of the term "chinaman" to be a racial slur.

I'm from San Francisco and that kind of talk would get your ass kicked.

I know Hu is a man who happens to live in China, but those words strung together that way, just not cool.

Thanks for the support.

I know what that word means and its history. And I am feeling alright.

Smile

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 3 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
10-04-2013, 06:45 PM
(09-04-2013 10:45 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This just shows a greater importance on the need to speak up, have an opinion, be an individual etc.. on the matter, if the government is not only censoring the media but also repressing those who dare question them.

Standing by and actively allowing it to happen, as well as actively participating!, is giving a clear image that it is okay for government to own the media and for the government to censor the media and repress those that question things.
A quick look at history (and you need not go too far back) will show you the clear danger of this.

How can you sit back and say "ohh poor him, he's being repressed" when he is actively agreeing with being repressed and doing absolutely nothing about it.
He obviously enjoys being a sheep, following those in rank above him and just doing what he is told all through his insignificant life.

Hey earmuffs--I'm with you on the censorship stuff, but we can't really know why he's not answering. He may be worse than a sheep--he very well could agree with censorship as a means of advancing communism and just understands how much ground he would lose by admitting it. Or, he might disagree with censorship and doesn't want to answer out of fear. If it's the first scenario, then he is everything you accuse him of, and worse. If it is the second, you need to cut him some slack. Problem is, we don't really know which one the poster is.

What I've learned form reading up on the Tiananmen issue is that there actually were some voices in leadership that supported the protestors rights. Those leaders obviously lost and were marginalized, setting back the rights of Chinese for a generation. Even in Soviet Russia there were reformists, and one day Chinese reformists will change their country. It's too much to ask some junior member of the CCP to publicly be a reformist on a foreign blog.