[split] I'm needy/psychotropic drug debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2017, 11:05 PM
RE: [split] I'm needy/psychotropic drug debate
PayZip,

I would like to hear what you suggest we do about our medical issues instead of using this criminal enterprise that you say orthodox medicine is. What alternative do you propose?

I, as adey67, would also enjoy hearing your stance on vaccines.

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2017, 04:54 AM
(13-02-2017 08:39 PM)PayZip Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 07:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Yeah its all a conspiracy... Not. As a qualified nurse suffering from depression and anxiety I can categorically say I'm better off on my meds and what's with this crap about chemo ? Citing anonymous research done fifty odd years ago is horribly out of date to say the least and
is therefore invalid. Please provide links to said research I could use a good laugh.
Let me guess....you're an antivaxer too right ?

Lol. I've cited several works. You've cited zero. Only your personal experience with meds which could likely be due to the placebo effect.

And in your "scientific" zeal you evidently need to resort to slanderous language and ad hominem attacks as if that's diminishes the actual reality. Yeah, you are awfully convincing with using defamation and one (your own) anectodal account. Or singling out the "anonymous research done fifty odd years ago" and ignoring the specific works I've clearly referenced. That's a person who wants to mislead from, and twist, what I had stated rather than approach it with intellectual honesty.

I'm getting the hunch that this forum strongly attracts dogmatic, mean-spirited, non-thinking atheists rather than open-minded, logical, thinking atheists. In that case I won't waste more of my precious time. Lol.

I didn't ad hominem you I derided your stance on this issue for a number of reasons. Firstly it was the use of anonymous fifty year old research when chemo was as others have pointed out in its infancy. Secondly the language and phraseology used in your posts is extremely similar to the patter used by any number of batshit crazy big pharma antivaxer conspiracy theorists I've seen on this and other forums. Thirdly you suggested to a person who is struggling and perhaps a bit vulnerable at the moment that her drugs were bad for her, that's irresponsible, are you a doctor? Did you stop to consider her medication could be preventing greater harm than the potential side effects?
Based on the above I was not inclined to waste my time citing counter research and arguments. Validation this was the correct stance to take came when you suggested my response to my meds was placebo. So yes, your ideas were derided but you were not subjected to ad hominems.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
14-02-2017, 05:11 AM
(14-02-2017 04:54 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Thirdly you suggested to a person who is struggling and perhaps a bit vulnerable at the moment that her drugs were bad for her, that's irresponsible, are you a doctor? Did you stop to consider her medication could be preventing greater harm than the potential side effects?

Thanks for seeing this.
On a bad day something like this can really trigger my anxiety. I live every day with the fear of what my meds may do to me in the long run. So having it shoved in my face in a not very caring fashion, in the middle of a thread about my struggles, isn't exactly making my days any better.
It's not like I can do anything other than live with the side effects after all. It's not "a little sadness on occasion" that I'm dealing with. These drugs are keeping me functioning and alive. I wouldn't be here today if my doctor hadn't fought so persistently to get me some quality of life.

I'm happy to debate the medical industry and I'm happy to shoot down crazy conspiracy theorists, but it has to be on one of my good days. And without a cold list of what my personal treatment might do to the brain I've fought so hard to have.

So thanks guys for chiming in! With every post you make me feel a little better and safer.
Hug

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage