[split] I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 01:21 PM
RE: [split] I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?
(08-03-2015 01:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 01:01 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  Your kids might disagree if they will suffer.

Survival doesn't matter because humanity won't last forever.

You're chosing to impose your personal (decision) to value ONLY "what lasts forever", as that's how you are conditioned by your cult to think.
But that doesn't make any sense. Human race will die out, why procreate?

Quote:The fact is the LESS of a thing there is, (limited) the MORE value it has.
Then why we spend billions on medical R&D to prolong human life?
Quote: You FACE reality, not make up shit as that the way you want/need it to be to suit your childish, selfish little views.
So you force you children to face reality? You don't sound like very loving parent
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2015, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 01:32 PM by Ace.)
(08-03-2015 12:47 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 12:42 PM)Ace Wrote:  how will I justify procreation without god ?

lets see, for starters in order to perpetuate the species
100+ billion people died to perpetuate the species. You want more?

the same applies to all living things and thats how its always been, all living things have a limited life span so of course they died, if they didn't then there would be no need for procreation

Quote: You impose death and risk of suffering on them without their permission just for fun?

thats how life works so get used to it, procreations takes place because the 'procreators' want to 'procreate', the 'procreated' has no say in the matter

and "without their permission" ? seriously do you have any notion of the stupidity in that statement ? how are you gonna ask permission when the kid doesn't even exist and they won't be able to make any response to your permission request till long after birth at which point the permission thing is pretty useless

people procreate for the same reason as every other thing that procreates, to perpetuate the species otherwise it will go extinct along iwht every other livign thing, so if life didn't procreate new life then life would die out immediately after getting started

Quote:Procreation is important enough.

so the others aren't important ? so basically god is needed to justify only one thing
which is procreation which you are obviously against........
08-03-2015, 01:33 PM
(08-03-2015 01:25 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 12:47 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  100+ billion people died to perpetuate the species. You want more?

the same applies to all living things
Humans are not just living things humans are sentient beings

Quote:thats how life works so get used to it, procreations takes place because the 'procreators' want to 'procreate', the 'procreated' has no say in the matter
Somebody should give a right to procreate otherwise it is selfish irresponsible action.
08-03-2015, 01:35 PM
(08-03-2015 10:48 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  ... since it is so simple for you to understand that there is suffering in the world why did you impose risk of suffering on your children?
Because I'm a creature that's highly evolved to successfully pass on my genetic material to my descendants. As such, evolution has a whole bunch of ways to trick me into procreating against my better judgment, such as it is.

For most of us, figuring out that life and love and parenting aren't particularly compelling propositions, objectively speaking, and figuring out the monstrous impertinence of forcing this realization on our children, who are likely to arrive at the same conclusion eventually, is a matter of "too little, too late". Besides, life owes me and my children exactly zip, zilch, nada. It's inherently impersonal.

We try as humans to direct our recent evolution in ways that add quality-of-life concerns and tries to optimize for that beyond mere survival. In the past 500 years or so we've had a fair bit of imperfect luck with that strategy and I expect it to continue to improve over (lots of) time.

I suspect that you are an idealist and can't let go of your rigid notions of what "ought" to be. You want to live forever and you want there to be a personal interventionist god who is in your corner and has everything figured out and in hand at some level. This was me once upon a time. I had to get over the notion that life is all about me (or even AT all about me) and my ideas of "fairness" and "justice". Life just IS and has to be met on its own terms -- or (and I don't recommend this) not met at all.
08-03-2015, 01:35 PM
(08-03-2015 01:25 PM)Ace Wrote:  people procreate for the same reason as every other thing that procreates, to perpetuate the species otherwise it will go extinct
Humanity will go extinct anyway.

Quote: which is procreation which you are obviously against........
no, i'm talking only about procreation of atheists
08-03-2015, 01:41 PM
(08-03-2015 01:33 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 01:25 PM)Ace Wrote:  the same applies to all living things
Humans are not just living things humans are sentient beings

humans are sentient, what does that have to do with anything ? Dodgy

Quote:Somebody should give a right to procreate otherwise it is selfish irresponsible action.

how is it irresponsible ? and how in hell are you gonna get permission ?
if your gonna ask god for permission then how are you gonna get it ? is he gonna phone/fax you ? do you have to write an application to him ?
08-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Quote: Humanity will go extinct anyway.

then what need is there for anyone to procreate ?

Quote:no, i'm talking only about procreation of atheists

why do we need approval from anyone but our partner who we chose to procreate with in order to procreate ?
08-03-2015, 01:55 PM
(08-03-2015 01:41 PM)Ace Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 01:33 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  Humans are not just living things humans are sentient beings

humans are sentient, what does that have to do with anything ? Dodgy
Because sentient beings can realize their own mortality
Did you read epic of gilgamesh?
Quote:Seven days and nights I sat beside the body, weeping for Enkidu beside the body,

and then I saw a worm fall out of his nose. Must I die too? Must Gilgamesh be like that?

It was then I felt the fear of it in my belly. I roam the wilderness because of the fear.

Enkidu, the companion, whom I loved, is dirt, nothing but clay is Enkidu.

Weeping as if I were a woman I roam the paths and shores of unknown places saying: ‘Must I die too? Must Gilgamesh be like that?

Quote:how is it irresponsible ?
you impose risk of suffering on your children

Quote:and how in hell are you gonna get permission ?
through religion
08-03-2015, 01:57 PM
(08-03-2015 01:49 PM)Ace Wrote:  
Quote: Humanity will go extinct anyway.

then what need is there for anyone to procreate ?
there are none except "be fruitful and multiply"
Procreation is pointless and unethical without God
08-03-2015, 02:06 PM
(08-03-2015 01:35 PM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 01:25 PM)Ace Wrote:  people procreate for the same reason as every other thing that procreates, to perpetuate the species otherwise it will go extinct
Humanity will go extinct anyway.

Quote: which is procreation which you are obviously against........
no, i'm talking only about procreation of atheists

And here folks, is the real deal behind all this blather.

Put it back in your pants guys...no potential baby-making for you godless heathens.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post