[split] I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2015, 08:34 AM
RE: [split] I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?
(08-03-2015 03:11 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 06:23 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Why is nonexistence preferable to limited existence? Why is a thing rendered worthless if it does not exist forever?
Because people don't want to die. Because when you have $60000 that's all you have and eventually they will disappear and now you are without money again. Because nobody ask my permission to be brought in this horrible world. If I had choice I would never choose to be born

Man. That's kinda pathetic..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
09-03-2015, 08:54 AM
(09-03-2015 08:34 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 03:11 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Because people don't want to die. Because when you have $60000 that's all you have and eventually they will disappear and now you are without money again. Because nobody ask my permission to be brought in this horrible world. If I had choice I would never choose to be born

Man. That's kinda pathetic..

Yes... quite sad. It appears false hope is all the rage these days. Undecided

I've noticed that many theists seem quite depressed. A couple of clinically depressed people I know were so relieved when they realized their atheisism ... they both credit their de-conversion with pulling them out of depression. Technically, I think they're both still clinically depressed but they report less instance of debilitating depression and feel more in control.

The mind is a crazy place. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
09-03-2015, 09:27 AM
(08-03-2015 03:11 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Because people don't want to die. Because when you have $60000 that's all you have and eventually they will disappear and now you are without money again. Because nobody ask my permission to be brought in this horrible world. If I had choice I would never choose to be born.

Firstly, I apologize for my previous denigrating remarks, and will refrain from doing so again in this discussion.

Nobody wants to die. Life is so precious, and because we are human and have an advanced emotional system compared to the animals on earth, our emotions concerning death and other misfortunes in life become exceedingly heightened.

Life is not an easy thing to have in this world. Some of us are born into a privileged life, while others are underprivileged. Money seems to be what makes this world go round. The problem is that that is the reality of this world.

It's true that we had no choice in being born, but born we all are, and that is another reality. It's a reality that we have no choice but to live with, until we die.

But remember, life is so precious because all we know with any certainty is that we have but one life to live. Sure, various religions make various claims about a better life after we die, but since we have no way of confirming that conclusively, then what we currently have- this life- is what we need to deal with.

As I have gotten older and look at my life, I have come to the realization that the life I live, I live not just for myself, but also for all the people in my life. So many of the things I do in my life I do not do for myself, but I do them for the future, because I know I will die, and I want to leave something good behind.

I want to leave this world knowing that I gave all my love to my wife and family. I want to know that I helped people in some small way. I want to know that when someone who was down in the dumps came to me, I made them smile, and made them happy again.

I want to leave this world a better place than the horrible world you believe it to be. So I don't want you going through your life with any bad memories of anything I have said to you, but rather better and good memories of me- someone you do not know, but someone who cares enough to reach out.

So please accept my apologies, and I welcome you to this forum with the greater hopes that as time goes on you may find comfort here.

Yes

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
09-03-2015, 10:30 AM
That was so sweet, Free. Very lovely and well stated. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post