[split] I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2015, 10:10 AM
RE: I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?
(07-03-2015 10:04 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 09:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Answer -- why do you NEED to "cure a fear of death"? It's part of the survival instinct.. You're SUPPOSED to have it....
How does realization of mortality help me survive? I understood that no matter what I do I will die. It doesn't increase my chances of survival and actually decreases chances of procreation since i don't want my children to die.

Yup..

You're gonna die.. Kneeling down to the invisible man won't change it.

As far as not having kids -- so what???

It's not mandatory...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2015, 10:10 AM
(07-03-2015 10:04 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 09:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Answer -- why do you NEED to "cure a fear of death"? It's part of the survival instinct.. You're SUPPOSED to have it....
How does realization of mortality help me survive? I understood that no matter what I do I will die. It doesn't increase my chances of survival and actually decreases chances of procreation since i don't want my children to die.

Oh FFS, take a pill and move on with your life. You and the currently missing diddles are two of the biggest downers ever to soil this forum.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
07-03-2015, 10:17 AM
(07-03-2015 10:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 10:04 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  How does realization of mortality help me survive? I understood that no matter what I do I will die. It doesn't increase my chances of survival and actually decreases chances of procreation since i don't want my children to die.

Yup..

You're gonna die.. Kneeling down to the invisible man won't change it.
As far as not having kids -- so what???

It's not mandatory...
But if you have kids you'll tell them that too? Just deal with it? What if they can't handle fear of death? What will you do?
07-03-2015, 10:23 AM
(07-03-2015 10:17 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  But if you have kids you'll tell them that too? Just deal with it? What if they can't handle fear of death? What will you do?

You want us to answer: "tell them meaningless lies to make them feel better". Yeah, you can abuse your kids that way sunshine.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
07-03-2015, 10:24 AM
I suppose if I ever had kids (which I won't) I could always lie to 'em ....

"Gee kids -- don't worry -- there's an invisible man in the sky that'll make it alllll better...."

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-03-2015, 10:27 AM
(07-03-2015 10:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 10:17 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  But if you have kids you'll tell them that too? Just deal with it? What if they can't handle fear of death? What will you do?

You want us to answer: "tell them meaningless lies to make them feel better". Yeah, you can abuse your kids that way sunshine.
Atheists abuse their kids just by having them. Everyone dies, so let's bring more humans in this world to die.
07-03-2015, 10:31 AM
(07-03-2015 10:27 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 10:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  You want us to answer: "tell them meaningless lies to make them feel better". Yeah, you can abuse your kids that way sunshine.
Atheists abuse their kids just by having them. Everyone dies, so let's bring more humans in this world to die.

And the practitioners of delusion (religion) don't die???

suuuuree....

keep telling yourself that...

07-03-2015, 10:39 AM
(07-03-2015 08:54 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 08:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  The fact of death is not to be denied but accepted.
Exactly how can I accept it?

Don't think of death as being dead. Think of it as a return to nonexistence. It's nothing.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
07-03-2015, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2015 10:46 AM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(07-03-2015 10:27 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 10:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  You want us to answer: "tell them meaningless lies to make them feel better". Yeah, you can abuse your kids that way sunshine.

So what if they die? Why is nonexistence preferable to limited existence? Why is a thing rendered worthless if it does not exist forever? You don't apply that to anything else in your life: You don't think that zero dollars has more value then $60,000 even though $60,000 is a finite amount of cash. You're being irrational.

Which honestly though does not matter at all because it's not up to atheism to rid you of your fear of death, nor does it's ability or inability to do so have any bearing on the fact it's an accurate reflection of reality. If you wanna believe in god cause your a pussy that can't deal with the fact that this great venture we call life will go on with out you, and go on quite well in fact, well then you go right ahead. Don't make you right, don't make you brave, don't make your god exist and it still wont keep you from ending in a box or a jar like everybody else.

The fact that we die does not negate the fact that we lived. If you want to take what small time you do get and waste it on lies and self delusion you go right ahead. Some of us actually value our lives.Drinking Beverage

Edit: Oh my well this is embarrassing. It appears I down reped you some time ago and yet I had forgotten all about you. Apparently, from your posts and your rep, you're just a chucklefuck troll. Gods below we do get an awful lot of you, hard to keep track of you all.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 7 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
07-03-2015, 10:52 AM
(07-03-2015 10:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(07-03-2015 10:27 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Atheists abuse their kids just by having them. Everyone dies, so let's bring more humans in this world to die.

And the practitioners of delusion (religion) don't die???
Everybody dies. So every parent no matter theist or atheist has responsibility to explain their children why they imposed death on them.