[split] I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 06:17 AM
RE: I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?
(08-03-2015 05:37 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 05:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Anyone who complains about having existence "imposed" on them "without their permission" has some serious fuckin' issues mate.........
No, that's just simple questions that any rational being could ask. What was I born for?

The bad news- No reason at all, your daddy got a gleam in his eye and your momma got pregnant.

The good news- Now you can choose whatever life you want to live and enjoy the simple things as well as the not-so-simple things. It's a journey not a destination thing.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
08-03-2015, 06:20 AM
(08-03-2015 05:51 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 05:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  actually useful questions like 'Since I'm here, what am I going to do with my existence?'"
why does it matter? You actions don't affect universe in longterm.
if it does not matter what we do then that includes bitching about it so feel to quit whining about it you pussy.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
08-03-2015, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 06:26 AM by Free Thought.)
(08-03-2015 05:51 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 05:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  actually useful questions like 'Since I'm here, what am I going to do with my existence?'"
why does it matter? You actions don't affect universe in longterm.

An easy answer to this would be to call upon the Butterfly Effect, or to answer on the ground that my actions will make my own limited experience more enjoyable and that I lack the narcissistic need to feel universally important so I don't give a damn about my actual affect on the rest of the universe, but that's too easy and would probably go over your head, so here's a funny gif:
[Image: giphy.gif]

(08-03-2015 06:16 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 06:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please seek medical help for your psychological issues.

Medicine is too expensive in 80% of the world. Cure me with reason and rationality

87.39% of all statistics made up.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-03-2015, 06:23 AM
(08-03-2015 06:17 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  The bad news- No reason at all, your daddy got a gleam in his eye and your momma got pregnant.
We are not living in 19th century. Contraception is available to everyone. So they consciously conceived me and they should answer why they brought me into this world.
Quote:The good news- Now you can choose whatever life you want to live
I want to live a life where I won't die.
08-03-2015, 06:28 AM
(08-03-2015 06:23 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 06:17 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  The bad news- No reason at all, your daddy got a gleam in his eye and your momma got pregnant.
We are not living in 19th century. Contraception is available to everyone. So they consciously conceived me and they should answer why they brought me into this world.
Quote:The good news- Now you can choose whatever life you want to live
I want to live a life where I won't die.

In all seriousness, I think Buddhism would be a good fit for you, it teaches to accept reality as it is, not as you wish it to be and be at peace with that reality.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
08-03-2015, 06:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 06:54 AM by unfogged.)
(08-03-2015 05:26 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 05:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  religion sure is working wonders for you, huh????
Well it cured me from fear of death - something that reason and rationality are unable to do.

I'm hoping that you are a poe because otherwise it'd be sad to see anybody so deeply wrapped up in fear that they are actually afraid to think for themselves.

Religion doesn't cure anybody from fear of death, it just provides a way to deny that you will ever die. Living a life in denial and cowering in fear, grovelling to an imaginary being is nothing but pathetic.

Reason and rationality allow you to understand reality better which allows you to put things into proper perspective. I know many atheists that are concerned about dying because that can be a slow, painful process; I don't know any that are afraid of death because they understand that there is nothing about that to be afraid of.

That does NOT mean that atheists want to die, just that they aren't afraid of being dead. It is the religious who dream up nonsense like hell and purgatory and limbo that focus on and promote fear of death. A rational person sees the inevitability, and even the necessity, of death and uses that to get more out of life while they have it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
08-03-2015, 06:34 AM
(08-03-2015 06:16 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 06:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  Please seek medical help for your psychological issues.
Medicine is too expensive in 80% of the world. Cure me with reason and rationality

Not my job. You need to cure yourself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2015, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2015 07:00 AM by dimaniac.)
(08-03-2015 06:31 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Reason and rationality allow you to understand reality
Reason and rationality also allow to understand poo but that doesn't mean I want to step in it.
08-03-2015, 06:58 AM
(08-03-2015 06:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  You need to cure yourself.
Can't do it. So anyone else will try to cure me with reason and rationality?
08-03-2015, 07:00 AM
(08-03-2015 06:14 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  Then answer to question should be eat, sleep, repeat.

I don't see how that follows.

(08-03-2015 06:14 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  There are no next time after death

There are before it.

(08-03-2015 06:14 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  What will I do with this knowledge? It is not valuable by itself it's good only to get job.

Do you use knowledge only to get a job? You need knowledge daily. You need it every time you decide to do something. Every time you think about something. You need it every moment of your life.

At this point you could say "Why does it matter if you die anyways?"

Well, try saying that to all inventors in human history, people that discovered cures, or that understood the universe and helped us advance our knowledge even if by a tiny bit. Einstein is dead, but can you say his studies, his learning and then his discoveries were useless? Pointless? I definitely don't think so.

They didn't save him from dying, but who knows, maybe someday we will discover how to prolong our life ad interim at will. And when we do, you know what you'll need to be grateful for? Knowledge. And people studying and expanding that knowledge.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]