[split] I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 08:18 AM
RE: I need help - How many Muslims are fundamentalists?
(08-03-2015 07:32 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 07:29 AM)unfogged Wrote:  So you know that you are actively avoiding reality.
I had no choice. I never asked for this reality. Also science has so many gaps that god is far from impossible.

So how do you conclude that god is a reasonable proposition? There are an almost infinite number of things that aren't impossible. A god that destroyed itself after it created the universe is possible. A god that hates anyone that believes in the Jesus nonsense is possible.
A god that simply doesn't give a fuck about this world is possible, in fact there is a name for that - the problem of evil. It is based on simple observation of the world where suffering exists and a hypothetical benevolent god is contradictory to what we observe and then we get to see the insane rationalizations on this forum why their 'benevolent" god exists despite the contradictory nature of what we observe.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2015, 10:18 AM
(08-03-2015 06:23 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 06:17 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  The bad news- No reason at all, your daddy got a gleam in his eye and your momma got pregnant.
We are not living in 19th century. Contraception is available to everyone. So they consciously conceived me and they should answer why they brought me into this world.
Quote:The good news- Now you can choose whatever life you want to live
I want to live a life where I won't die.

That's special. But wishing for something doesn't make it true.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-03-2015, 10:21 AM
Diddles,
How did you arrive at your position that god is beyond logic ? (Did you USE logic to get there ?) Facepalm
What do you think you know about that god, and how do you know that ? You didn't use logic, so I'm curious what method your brain did use.
How do you maintain that position in your brain, when you have doubts ? WHat process does your brain use to deal with those ?
(In answering the question, do NOT use any "logic", yet make your answers coherently acceptable.)

Gasp

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-03-2015, 10:23 AM
(08-03-2015 08:14 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 08:07 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  "I had no choice but to delude myself with lies"
It's only lie if you have scientific proof that god doesn't exist and yet you know nothing about 96% of Universe.

Nope wrong again fucko. It ain't up to us to disprove his existence it's up to you to prove it. Which is irrelevant because you have already admitted what your motivations for being religious are and they ain't because he exists.

You're gonna die and everyone is gonna forget you existed including your own family in 4 generations or less. I'd bet on less. Hell I forgot you existed in less then a month.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
08-03-2015, 10:40 AM
(08-03-2015 08:14 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 08:07 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  "I had no choice but to delude myself with lies"
It's only lie if you have scientific proof that god doesn't exist and yet you know nothing about 96% of Universe.

just because we don't know doesn't mean you can add in something else that is unknown to fill in the gaps

08-03-2015, 10:48 AM
(08-03-2015 08:18 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  It is based on simple observation of the world where suffering exists and a hypothetical benevolent god is contradictory to what we observe
There is only limited suffering on Earth and unlimited joy in Heaven so I see no contradiction.
Also since it is so simple for you to understand that there is suffering in the world why did you impose risk of suffering on your children?
08-03-2015, 10:52 AM
(08-03-2015 10:23 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It ain't up to us to disprove his existence it's up to you to prove it.
The year is 1696. Should I prove to you that black swan exists?

Quote:You're gonna die and everyone is gonna forget you existed including your own family in 4 generations or less. I'd bet on less. Hell I forgot you existed in less then a month.
Everyone will be forgotten even Einstein. Humanity won't last forever.
08-03-2015, 10:53 AM
(08-03-2015 10:48 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 08:18 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  It is based on simple observation of the world where suffering exists and a hypothetical benevolent god is contradictory to what we observe
There is only limited suffering on Earth and unlimited joy in Heaven so I see no contradiction.
Also since it is so simple for you to understand that there is suffering in the world why did you impose risk of suffering on your children?

Go find a doomsday forum. You really should spread your sunny disposition to other corners of the web.

And take Diddles with you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
08-03-2015, 10:54 AM
(08-03-2015 10:40 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 08:14 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  It's only lie if you have scientific proof that god doesn't exist and yet you know nothing about 96% of Universe.

just because we don't know doesn't mean you can add in something else that is unknown to fill in the gaps
And you can't claim that nothing is unstable because it is oxymoron
08-03-2015, 10:54 AM
(08-03-2015 10:52 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 10:23 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  It ain't up to us to disprove his existence it's up to you to prove it.
The year is 1696. Should I prove to you that black swan exists?

Quote:You're gonna die and everyone is gonna forget you existed including your own family in 4 generations or less. I'd bet on less. Hell I forgot you existed in less then a month.
Everyone will be forgotten even Einstein. Humanity won't last forever.

he first video I posted already explains why your the one who has to prove god exists