[split] I need to rant to other atheists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2014, 12:12 PM
[split] I need to rant to other atheists.
(09-06-2014 09:13 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  Hello lovelies, haven't been on here in several months. I'm getting worse and worse at this whole social media thing. Just deleted my Facebook and everything...I was probably about to lose most of my FB friends anyway, because I've been "coming out" a lot more recently. I told someone on my public FB page that I'm a freethinker. Gasp! It was such a relief! I'm just beginning to care less and less about what people think. Frankly, I was starting to get mad that I'm expected to keep my opinions to myself just because people won't agree with me. While every other Christian on my FB gets to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat and turn up their noses to "sinners" and, thanks to "Gods Not Dead," atheists ALL THE TIME on FB.

Also, a day after my little confession, my dad told me to watch Questioning Darwin, which I'm sure you've all talked about already. OH MY FUCKING GOD. Hobo

And then I have every other Christian saying "Oh yeah, I hate religion too." Because, you know, Christianity is a relationship. I should tell them that I tried to get into a relationship with Jesus, but he never called back. I'm pretty sure he gave me the wrong number. Bastard. Oh well, there's plenty of gods in the sea.

I think the worst part is knowing that people close to me don't take me seriously because I'm not a Christian.

Why are you not a follower of Jesus Christ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2014, 12:14 PM
RE: I need to rant to other atheists.
(09-06-2014 12:12 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-06-2014 09:13 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  Hello lovelies, haven't been on here in several months. I'm getting worse and worse at this whole social media thing. Just deleted my Facebook and everything...I was probably about to lose most of my FB friends anyway, because I've been "coming out" a lot more recently. I told someone on my public FB page that I'm a freethinker. Gasp! It was such a relief! I'm just beginning to care less and less about what people think. Frankly, I was starting to get mad that I'm expected to keep my opinions to myself just because people won't agree with me. While every other Christian on my FB gets to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat and turn up their noses to "sinners" and, thanks to "Gods Not Dead," atheists ALL THE TIME on FB.

Also, a day after my little confession, my dad told me to watch Questioning Darwin, which I'm sure you've all talked about already. OH MY FUCKING GOD. Hobo

And then I have every other Christian saying "Oh yeah, I hate religion too." Because, you know, Christianity is a relationship. I should tell them that I tried to get into a relationship with Jesus, but he never called back. I'm pretty sure he gave me the wrong number. Bastard. Oh well, there's plenty of gods in the sea.

I think the worst part is knowing that people close to me don't take me seriously because I'm not a Christian.

Why are you not a follower of Jesus Christ?

Probably because all his spokesmen are cunts like you. Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 15 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-06-2014, 12:15 PM
And now the threadshitting starts. Facepalm
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
09-06-2014, 12:18 PM
(09-06-2014 12:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(09-06-2014 12:12 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why are you not a follower of Jesus Christ?

Probably because all his spokesmen are cunts like you. Drinking Beverage

If that were true, would it be a good reason not to be a follower of Christ?

If so, why?
09-06-2014, 12:21 PM
(09-06-2014 12:18 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-06-2014 12:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Probably because all his spokesmen are cunts like you. Drinking Beverage

If so, why?

I never thought of it that way before! You're a genius! I'm convinced now. Take me Jebus!
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
09-06-2014, 12:24 PM
(09-06-2014 12:14 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Probably because all his spokesmen are cunts like you. Drinking Beverage

If so, why?

The best reason would be because he's a fictional character, and poorly written one at that.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
[+] 4 users Like Elskidor's post
09-06-2014, 12:25 PM
(09-06-2014 12:12 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why are you not a follower of Jesus Christ?

[Image: blindReligion_zps22a0c7bf.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
09-06-2014, 12:45 PM

If so, why?

Given that one of the claims of Christianity is that it makes its followers good people (or, at least, better people) through Christ, and that you are one of many, many, many counterexamples showing that this claim is false? And how the advancement of this claim based mostly on blind faith with a bit of fallacious-apologist-spackle was sufficient to create widespread belief in something we later demonstrated was false? And given how the evidence for other Christian creeds is just as flimsy? Yes. Yes it's a good reason.

Also, here's a tip. Nature has various ways of telling us "do not touch this right now". A bee's stripes. A porcupine's quills. A hot coal's red glow. And a thread titled "I need to rant to other atheists". Picking at an atheist's non-belief, in a thread of that title, and an OP of that nature... I can't see any goal a thinking Christian would possibly imagine they'd be advancing in doing that, save making the OP actively hate Christianity. What the fuck are you even thinking? ARE you even thinking?

Facepalm
[+] 6 users Like Reltzik's post
09-06-2014, 02:12 PM
(09-06-2014 12:15 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  And now the threadshitting starts. Facepalm

There's actually a really easy way to mostly solve that problem.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
09-06-2014, 02:32 PM
(09-06-2014 09:44 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I'd hate to be in a relationship with Jesus.

You'd have to be super careful of what cloths you wear, and any you might buy him as a gift. You can't go out for seafood.You can't take him out on Sunday or he'll slaughter people, but you can't cook for him on Sunday cause then he'll kill you.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you mean Saturday. Saturday is the sabbath. Not Sunday. Sunday is the first day of the week and Saturday is the seventh.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."