[split] I need to rant to other atheists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2014, 09:25 AM
RE: [split] I need to rant to other atheists.
(10-06-2014 02:24 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(10-06-2014 02:20 PM)TheBear Wrote:  For the same reason you're not a follower of Aphrodite.

Drinking Beverage

I do not follow Aphrodite because she is a lousy person to follow.

So you believe that any myth that comes along is real, that Aphrodite was an actual person.

Quote:Nor did she die so that I might live.

Hate to disabuse you of your delusions, but you're still going to die, moron.

Quote:Bear, I have had people say what you have said to me using different people/gods. The answer I give you is the answer I give them.

Its a lousy argument.

LOL because some idiot troll on the fucking internet says so?

TheBear wasn't claiming that Aphrodite was real, idiot. TheBear was pointing out that both Aphrodite and your jeebus are myths.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2014, 09:37 AM
(11-06-2014 08:10 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 07:43 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  WOW! This post makes me smile so much. I was already planning to respond to extravagant Mr. E Walker on a topic he keeps repeated, which he repeats here, but this post is the perfect ideal spot.

It's so coincidentally compacted it makes me giggle. He acknowledges how his arguments developed when A TRUE SCOTSMAN responded to him... then he goes on to keep making the same No true Scotsman fallacy I was eager to point out about his posts. Delicious magnificence by this proselytizing poster, well done.

To simply state the point, stop with the "real man" concept which is a fallacy. If you want to have any possibility of seeming like a sensible adult, talk like a sensible adult and make points that are sound and validity. Try to say respectable men or honorable men, something you actually mean other than a false concept.

Ok.

I respect all men as human beings created in the image of God. I may not agree with their views at times. But I respect the man as I believe is only right.

An honorable man is one who aims to so order his life that he is able to love his neighbor as he loves himself.

I do not think an ego centric self centered selfish man can do this. He may at times act selflessly i.e. putting himself in harms way to save a child about to be run over by a car for example out of some gut reaction he may have at the moment, but on the whole, the selfish man lives only for himself. He orders his life as if his desires and wishes and needs supercede those of everyone else. He sets himself up as a god who in his own eyes, is worthy of worship. So he worships himself. He may not demand worship from anyone else but nevertheless he worships himself. And when given the choice, he will always act in a manner that is in his own best interest.

I would hate to have such a woman or man watching over my child or teaching my child at school. I would hate to be in need and such a one be the only hope I had.

Imagine living in a world where men are praised for abandoning their children in their homes while they themselves flee for safety as it burns. Imagine a world wherein men are praised for running away from the battle lines as the enemy invades their homeland. Imagine a world wherein women are praised for fleeing for safety from a school where people are being shot up and leaving behind their helpless students to fend for themselves.

You might as well try to imagine a world wherein two and two is five.

Such people would be rightly labeled as cowards, not honorable men and women.

You may think it just fine to be a selfish coward. Maybe you do not. Maybe you agree with me.

Either way, I respect you.

Nope. You don't know the meaning of the word respect.
11-06-2014, 09:39 AM
(11-06-2014 08:15 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 08:00 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I understand that my husband has a higher sex drive than me. My sex drive is almost non-existent. I encourage him to masturbate. To make it more of a shared activity I sometimes watch as he does it or finish him off myself. Occasionally we make love. I actually prefer him to have masturbated a short time before we make love because then it is easier on me (I'll spare you the details).

What does your wife think about this? Have you asked her what she would prefer?

That does not make sense.

I am not married.

She loves the fact that I refrain. She does also. She said she has never met a man that is more concerned about her feelings than his own. She said she has never met a man who desires to respect her and be as mindful of her feelings as I am.
That's bullshit . There isn't a way a thing like you have a girlfriend.
11-06-2014, 09:46 AM
(11-06-2014 06:21 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 05:41 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  This is pathetic and sad. Here's why.

The human body, which is the very essence of who we are, isn’t respected in the bible. Sexuality is denigrated, the “flesh” is evil, passion is sinful, and one’s libido is impure. Health, beauty and physical pleasure are distractions from belief in God. There are no prizes for guessing who promotes these noxious ideas:
“This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would” (Gal. 5:16–17, KJV.)
“Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.” (Gal. 5:19-21, KJV.) Poor old Paul was profoundly anally retentive; unable to drop his guard and have a good time.

If a person’s innermost nature, what’s healthy, instinctive and natural, is wounded, to control them becomes easier. Suppressed sexuality can be channeled into piety and harnessed for the purposes of the Church.

All of us are sexual beings, yet the victims of a Christian upbringing often display circumspection, disdain and even an outright condemnation of sexuality. There are some predictable results, such as self-loathing, denial over sexual orientation, frigid relationships, guilt, loneliness, anger, and regret. Secular society is usually left to pick up the pieces after the damage has been done. I have many patients, particularly older people, who still have sexual problems due to their Christian upbringings, and it’s sometimes very difficult to help them. How tragic and unnecessary!

Some fundamentalist Christians have an obsessive preoccupation with other’s sexual preferences, thereby externalizing their own inner battle against sin. A classic example is a noisy preacher, himself a closet homosexual, babbling on about the evil of being gay.

Jeremy, grow up. Stop being a victim. Have a good wank... you'll clear your head. I bet your girlfriend would rather go out with a real man than a suppressed little weasel.

According to the bible, the human body is not the essence of who we are. So this is just incorrect.

Neither is sexuality denigrated but the exact opposite. The ability for a married man and woman to come together and express love for each other via sexual union is something encouraged by God. Hence the command to "be fruitful and multiply" is seen several times in scripture. Even the apostle Paul encourages men and women who are married to express their love for one another via sexual union and to abstain only when both agree and for a specific time.

The Catholic church has largely been responsible for casting sex in a negative light. No where in the bible is it required for a minister of God to be celibate. This is an invention of the Catholic church and is not biblical.

But just like anything God made good, sex can be twisted and perverted.

You can't talk about the experience of sex , you are a virgin omega male. You are talking horse shit, most Protestant sects cast sex in a negative light liar. By the way all Protestant sects including your cult exist since the 16 century. In other words the catholic religion is fake and all Protestant cults are fake too.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
11-06-2014, 09:59 AM
(11-06-2014 08:10 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 07:43 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  WOW! This post makes me smile so much. I was already planning to respond to extravagant Mr. E Walker on a topic he keeps repeated, which he repeats here, but this post is the perfect ideal spot.

It's so coincidentally compacted it makes me giggle. He acknowledges how his arguments developed when A TRUE SCOTSMAN responded to him... then he goes on to keep making the same No true Scotsman fallacy I was eager to point out about his posts. Delicious magnificence by this proselytizing poster, well done.

To simply state the point, stop with the "real man" concept which is a fallacy. If you want to have any possibility of seeming like a sensible adult, talk like a sensible adult and make points that are sound and validity. Try to say respectable men or honorable men, something you actually mean other than a false concept.

Ok.

I respect all men as human beings created in the image of God. I may not agree with their views at times. But I respect the man as I believe is only right.

An honorable man is one who aims to so order his life that he is able to love his neighbor as he loves himself.

I do not think an ego centric self centered selfish man can do this. He may at times act selflessly i.e. putting himself in harms way to save a child about to be run over by a car for example out of some gut reaction he may have at the moment, but on the whole, the selfish man lives only for himself. He orders his life as if his desires and wishes and needs supercede those of everyone else. He sets himself up as a god who in his own eyes, is worthy of worship. So he worships himself. He may not demand worship from anyone else but nevertheless he worships himself. And when given the choice, he will always act in a manner that is in his own best interest.

I would hate to have such a woman or man watching over my child or teaching my child at school. I would hate to be in need and such a one be the only hope I had.

Imagine living in a world where men are praised for abandoning their children in their homes while they themselves flee for safety as it burns. Imagine a world wherein men are praised for running away from the battle lines as the enemy invades their homeland. Imagine a world wherein women are praised for fleeing for safety from a school where people are being shot up and leaving behind their helpless students to fend for themselves.

You may think it just fine to be a selfish coward. Maybe you do not. Maybe you agree with me.

What the god damned hell is wrong with you! The analogies you draw are nothing but idiotic and absurd! We do live in a world where parents do not abandon children in danger, and would not be praised for such behavior. Only in some deeply religious cultures would horrific acts against humanity be condoned. People are always there to step up and put there lives in harms way to help the defensless and victimized.

Again, please seek help, and BTW 2+2=4 no matter who you ask you deluded and damaged human being.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
11-06-2014, 10:02 AM
(11-06-2014 06:21 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  According to the bible, the human body is not the essence of who we are. So this is just incorrect.

Your body is not your own... don't you know your body is a temple? God isn't in churches.

Trying to control nature is just controlling the temple. Thanks for micromanaging your god.

Now, if you could do it on a larger scale, you might be an ok kid, Jeremy. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
(10-06-2014 03:31 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  this whole discussion started when I asked the questions:

Why not live a life of utter self-denial and self sacrifice so that those around you who you encounter on a day to day basis may be edified and built up and encouraged?

Non Sequitur. Your proposal is so full of Fail that it is Not Even Wrong.

Quote:Why not give to those who are in need without expecting anything in return?

How is it that you assume that anyone here doesn't already do that? See, THIS is the level of delusion we are dealing with here. This arrogant, selfish asshole thinks that his superstitions somehow corner the market on altruism and compassion, and no one who doesn't believe in his fairy stories is capable of either at all. It takes a Special Sort of Selfishness to rise to this sort of self-delusion.

The loaded wording, "Why not...." selfishly presumes that we are AGAINST giving to others in need, and AGAINST expecting nothing in return. So many layers of delusion.

Quote: Why not love your enemies and bless those who curse you?

A Zen cat would tell you that when you consider another an enemy, you have already lost.

But here you are, filled with hatred and spouting insults at your enemies, trolling this forum and attempting to annoy the good people here who eschew your superstitions and want to get on with out lives unhindered by the very sort of delusions that you are frantically trying to shove down our throats.

Quote:Why not seek to always do that which is right for the sake of righteousness?

Why do you refuse to see that we already do this without your superstitions, your faux-"selflessness", and your arrogant posturing.

Quote:Why not love your neighbor as yourself

YOU DON'T EVEN DO THAT. IF YOU DID, YOU WOULDN'T BE HERE MAKING AN ASSHOLE OF YOURSELF. Why do you point at a speck in our eye, when you have a 6x12 roofing beam in yours.

Quote: and always be mindful of other people and esteem others more highly than yourself?

And what makes you think that we are against this. And what makes you think that we need your fucking superstitions in order to be mindful of other people.

And what the fuck makes you think that YOU are mindful of other people and esteem others more highly than yourself, asshole. IF YOU DID, YOU WOULDN'T BE HERE TROLLING.

Quote:A true scotsman responded by saying

"Because that is the life of a sacrificial animal. Because those ideas are unspeakably evil. It is the morality of death......What is wrong with your own happiness being your highest purpose in life? Why do we ever need to sacrifice? Why not enjoy your life and use your mind to the fullest to achieve your own purpose neither sacrificing yourself to others or others to yourself?"

Now, you are wrong in thinking that I have something against you playing the guitar. When I say that real men are selfless and not selfish, I am not saying that real men never do things for themselves.

Then you are saying nothing at all.

Quote:What I am saying is that real men do not live selfish LIVES.

And yet here you sit in your chair, selfishly indulging in your daily trolling of the good people of this forum, stroking your ego and kidding yourself that you are a Good Xtard™ and racking up brownie points to get to your mythical heaven for it. Quite selfish indeed.

Quote:They do not make it their life's end to do whatever they please whenever they please at the expense of other people.

Oh, like you do here in this forum.

Your example is a straw man. No one here in this forum has that as a goal, nor is it intrinsic to atheism, which only entails not believing in your fucking fairy stories.

Quote: They do not make a habit of placing their own wants and needs before those around them.

Like YOUR SELFISH WANT AND NEED to push your superstitions on the good people of this forum, who DON'T FUCKING WANT THEM.

Quote: I denounce the ideology that a selfish lifestyle is something virtuous. NOTICE I SAID LIFESTYLE.

Yet here you are, making a lifestyle of selfishly trolling the good people of this forum every day, selfishly pushing your superstitions on good people who don't fucking want them, and berating us for rejecting them. Hypocrite, Thy name is Jermy Walker.

Quote:I paint oil landscapes and play the guitar. I also like sportbikes. But I do not order my life around these things at the expense of other people.

Yeah, sportbikes are really a sign of self-denial. Fucking idiot.

Quote: I do not think life is all about me and about what I want or what I need.

You come here daily and try to make this whole fucking forum all about you. Hypocrite, Thy name is Jeremy E. Walker.

Quote:That is what I denounce and that is the selfishness I speak out against.

Then speak out against yourself and your own selfishness, and go the fuck away.

Quote:Real men do not live for themselves at the expense of others.

And yet here you are, trolling away as hard as you can at the good people of this forum.

Quote:That is something that children do that do not know any better or know better but do not care. Either way, it is not virtuous. It is cowardly and self-centered.

Yes, your trolling away at good people in an atheist forum IS something that children do. Yes, it's cowardly and self-centered.

Quote:But heck,

I LOVE how pussy motherfuckers use the words "heck" and "dang" when they mean "hell" and "damn", so that Teacher or Mommy or Sky-Daddy don't come down on them cursing.

HipTip: When you use those words, you have already cursed in your heart, moron.

Quote:...in a world where each is left to do what he wills, this is all men really have to live for.

Ah, yes, the morality of the sociopath. Which you are desperately trying to pin on us, but you are too fucking stupid to get that you are telling us far more about yourself and your own psychoses than you are about us. You see, we LIVE in that world. And we conduct ourselves far better than you do, WITHOUT your superstitions and your delusions of an imaginary sky-fairy watching everything you do and standing ready to punish you for the slightest transgression. We don't NEED your superstitions in order to conduct ourselves unselfishly and honorably, but YOU can't even IMAGINE conducting yourself unselfishly and honorably WITHOUT your superstitions to keep you in line.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
(11-06-2014 09:59 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 08:10 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Ok.

What the god damned hell is wrong with you! The analogies you draw are nothing but idiotic and absurd! We do live in a world where parents do not abandon children in danger, or would be praised for such behavior. Only in some deeply religious cultures would horrific acts against humanity be condoned. People are always there to step up and put there lives in harms way to help the defensless and victimized.

Again, please seek help, and BTW 2+2=4 no matter who you ask you deluded and damaged human being.

You can't reason with this idiot. He is our official pet troll or our official site bitch . Take your pick.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
11-06-2014, 10:03 AM
(11-06-2014 09:46 AM)Leo Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 06:21 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  According to the bible, the human body is not the essence of who we are. So this is just incorrect.

Neither is sexuality denigrated but the exact opposite. The ability for a married man and woman to come together and express love for each other via sexual union is something encouraged by God. Hence the command to "be fruitful and multiply" is seen several times in scripture. Even the apostle Paul encourages men and women who are married to express their love for one another via sexual union and to abstain only when both agree and for a specific time.

The Catholic church has largely been responsible for casting sex in a negative light. No where in the bible is it required for a minister of God to be celibate. This is an invention of the Catholic church and is not biblical.

But just like anything God made good, sex can be twisted and perverted.

You can't talk about the experience of sex , you are a virgin omega male. You are talking horse shit, most Protestant sects cast sex in a negative light liar. By the way all Protestant sects including your cult exist since the 16 century. In other words the catholic religion is fake and all Protestant cults are fake too.

Sorry.

Wrong again. I am not a virgin unfortunately.
11-06-2014, 10:06 AM
(11-06-2014 10:03 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 09:46 AM)Leo Wrote:  You can't talk about the experience of sex , you are a virgin omega male. You are talking horse shit, most Protestant sects cast sex in a negative light liar. By the way all Protestant sects including your cult exist since the 16 century. In other words the catholic religion is fake and all Protestant cults are fake too.

Sorry.

Wrong again. I am not a virgin unfortunately.

One way ticket to the gnashing of teeth for eternity convention!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post