[split] I need to rant to other atheists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: [split] I need to rant to other atheists.
(11-06-2014 08:10 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Ok.

I respect all men as human beings created in the image of God. I may not agree with their views at times. But I respect the man as I believe is only right.

NO, you don't. If you respected us, you would bugger the fuck off.

Quote:An honorable man is one who aims to so order his life that he is able to love his neighbor as he loves himself.

...and one who buggers off when he's not wanted.

Quote:I do not think an ego centric self centered selfish man can do this.

Case in point: Jeremy E. Walker.

Quote:He may at times act selflessly i.e. putting himself in harms way to save a child about to be run over by a car for example out of some gut reaction he may have at the moment, but on the whole, the selfish man lives only for himself.

[Image: strawman1.jpg]

Quote:He orders his life as if his desires and wishes and needs supercede those of everyone else.

Case in point: Jermy's participation in this forum.

Quote: He sets himself up as a god who in his own eyes, is worthy of worship. So he worships himself. He may not demand worship from anyone else but nevertheless he worships himself. And when given the choice, he will always act in a manner that is in his own best interest.

...I am edified and strengthened whilst simultaneously fulfilling my obligation to my beautiful girlfriend.

[Image: narcissism-man-mirror-ART.jpg]

Quote:I would hate to have such a woman or man watching over my child or teaching my child at school. I would hate to be in need and such a one be the only hope I had.

Yes, we hate for you to be around us as well.

Quote:Imagine living in a world where men are praised for abandoning their children in their homes while they themselves flee for safety as it burns. Imagine a world wherein men are praised for running away from the battle lines as the enemy invades their homeland. Imagine a world wherein women are praised for fleeing for safety from a school where people are being shot up and leaving behind their helpless students to fend for themselves.

You might as well try to imagine a world wherein two and two is five.

This is precisely the false world that you imagine would exist without your superstitions. The world you imagine that disbelief in your silly superstitions leads to. The world you are selfishly trying to strawman us with.

[Image: strawmanargument.jpg]

Quote:Such people would be rightly labeled as cowards, not honorable men and women.

Like Jermy Walker.

Quote:You may think it just fine to be a selfish coward. Maybe you do not. Maybe you agree with me.

Ah, yes, the strawman comes out.

Quote:Either way, I respect you.

You are a fucking liar. If you respected us, you would bugger the fuck off and take your Fail and your superstitions with you.

Whatever happened to "shaking the dust off your feet", asshole.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2014, 10:57 AM
(11-06-2014 10:37 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  "Why not live a life of utter self-denial and self sacrifice so that those around you who you encounter on a day to day basis may be edified and built up and encouraged?"

"utter self-denial...."

"self-sacrifice..."

"unselfishness..."

"...live like Jeebus..."

"I love sportbikes..."

[Image: bikerjesus_7607_med.jpg]

Yeah, that's a real lifestyle of self-denial there, Sport.

Hmmm... I'm seeing more of a crotch rocket.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
11-06-2014, 11:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 11:25 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(11-06-2014 10:09 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 10:08 AM)Leo Wrote:  You earn here your reputation of being a big time liar , so it's very hard to me to believe you. Unfortunately ? Really ? Rolleyes

What makes me a big time liar?

"I respect you..." Facepalm

11-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Matthew 10:14 -- "If any household or town refuses to welcome you or heed your message, shake its dust from your feet as you leave."

Facepalm

[+] 3 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
11-06-2014, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 11:52 AM by Leo.)
(11-06-2014 10:49 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 10:41 AM)Leo Wrote:  Never. You do that to bump up your post count.

Post count - WTF? Are you one of those insecure preteens that bases their self worth on how many likes they get on social media, or how many forum posts they are up to? Why say stupid shit?

The last time I knew how many posts I had was after my first. Generalizations like this only show the sources true colors.
I don't care about likes and I don't care about my post count asshole. You don't know me and you are the One making generalizations asswipe. I was pointing out that making questions to Jeremy is a waste of time.
11-06-2014, 01:44 PM
(09-06-2014 12:45 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(09-06-2014 12:18 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  If that were true, would it be a good reason not to be a follower of Christ?

If so, why?

Given that one of the claims of Christianity is that it makes its followers good people (or, at least, better people) through Christ, and that you are one of many, many, many counterexamples showing that this claim is false? And how the advancement of this claim based mostly on blind faith with a bit of fallacious-apologist-spackle was sufficient to create widespread belief in something we later demonstrated was false? And given how the evidence for other Christian creeds is just as flimsy? Yes. Yes it's a good reason.

Also, here's a tip. Nature has various ways of telling us "do not touch this right now". A bee's stripes. A porcupine's quills. A hot coal's red glow. And a thread titled "I need to rant to other atheists". Picking at an atheist's non-belief, in a thread of that title, and an OP of that nature... I can't see any goal a thinking Christian would possibly imagine they'd be advancing in doing that, save making the OP actively hate Christianity. What the fuck are you even thinking? ARE you even thinking?

Facepalm

Good observation, Reltzik. JEW is blind/y sticking his propaganda anywhere it will fit.

Just because YOU believe in fairies doesn't mean anybody else should.
11-06-2014, 02:06 PM
(11-06-2014 10:19 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Jeremy - do you think we need to hear your stories of jesus because we behave in more of a selfish way as you described (leaving children to be burned or shot to death, not defending our homeland or homestead, only caring about individual desires)?

Secondly - do you believe that jesus really loved his enemies, all of his neighbors, and practiced self denial whenever he was asked for help?

1. no
2. Christ always did that which was pleasing to The Father and was without sin.
11-06-2014, 02:08 PM
(11-06-2014 02:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  2. Christ always did that which was pleasing to The Father and was without sin.

"Thou shalt not take the lord thy gawd's name in vain."

"My God, My God, why have you forsaken Me?"

Facepalm

Fucking moron.

[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
11-06-2014, 02:26 PM
(11-06-2014 02:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 10:19 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Jeremy - do you think we need to hear your stories of jesus because we behave in more of a selfish way as you described (leaving children to be burned or shot to death, not defending our homeland or homestead, only caring about individual desires)?

Secondly - do you believe that jesus really loved his enemies, all of his neighbors, and practiced self denial whenever he was asked for help?

1. no

OK, but both were yes or no questions, so you are half way to being honest. You are so close - care to answer whether you believe (yes or no) the claims of jesus stated in question #2?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
11-06-2014, 02:29 PM
(11-06-2014 02:26 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(11-06-2014 02:06 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  1. no

OK, but both were yes or no questions, so you are half way to being honest. You are so close - care to answer whether you believe (yes or no) the claims of jesus stated in question #2?

1. no.
2. yes, yes, please clarify