[split] I need to rant to other atheists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2014, 09:57 AM
RE: [split] I need to rant to other atheists.
(12-06-2014 09:46 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  The bringing of the servant before the king and the killing of the servant is symbolic of God judging those who reject Him out of selfish and evil intent. God rightly judges such people and thus no charge can be brought against God of sinning.

God is good because he told you he is good.
Rejecting god is selfish because he told you it is selfish.
It is right for god to punish non-followers because he told you he is beyond judgement.
Human sacrifice is good because god told you it was good.

Sounds legit.

[Image: kim-jong-il0-4586.jpg]

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like guitar_nut's post
12-06-2014, 10:04 AM
(12-06-2014 09:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 09:46 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  The parable of the ten minas (the one in question) was told to illustrate a point i.e. that the Kingdom of God was not coming in a way that the people thought it would. Jesus told the parable for this purpose as is indicated in verse eleven of the same chapter. Parables often contained vivid language to create dramatic imagery in the imagination of the listener. The more vivid and dramatic the language used, the greater the effect on the listener. The bringing of the servant before the king and the killing of the servant is symbolic of God judging those who reject Him out of selfish and evil intent. God rightly judges such people and thus no charge can be brought against God of sinning.

In other words, he just said it to scare the shit out of people?

Maybe just a good old fashioned threat. I wonder how jeremy would view me if I told stories to my children about how being disobedient will result in violent death? It is just a parable kids - don't fret too much over it. In his eyes, God or jesus never did anything bad - so sad.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
12-06-2014, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 10:44 AM by pablo.)
Luke 19:17
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
After Jesus had said this, he went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem.

pablo628 Wrote:
Quote:He'll try to ignore this, or respond with either a lie or a twisted explanation.
It's what he does.

Jeremy E Walker Wrote:
Quote:The parable of the ten minas (the one in question) was told to illustrate a point i.e. that the Kingdom of God was not coming in a way that the people thought it would. Jesus told the parable for this purpose as is indicated in verse eleven of the same chapter. Parables often contained vivid language to create dramatic imagery in the imagination of the listener. The more vivid and dramatic the language used, the greater the effect on the listener. The bringing of the servant before the king and the killing of the servant is symbolic of God judging those who reject Him out of selfish and evil intent. God rightly judges such people and thus no charge can be brought against God of sinning.

Called it 3 pages ago.
Fucking asshole.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
12-06-2014, 11:14 AM
(12-06-2014 09:46 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  The bringing of the servant before the king and the killing of the servant is symbolic of God judging those who reject Him out of selfish and evil intent. God rightly judges such people and thus no charge can be brought against God of sinning.

..And since your jeebus IS your monster mass-murderer gawd. according to your myth, any character in your fairy book would be foolhardy to ignore the not-so-veiled threat.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
12-06-2014, 12:05 PM
(12-06-2014 10:04 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 09:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  In other words, he just said it to scare the shit out of people?

Maybe just a good old fashioned threat. I wonder how jeremy would view me if I told stories to my children about how being disobedient will result in violent death? It is just a parable kids - don't fret too much over it. In his eyes, God or jesus never did anything bad - so sad.

You are right. In my eyes, nothing Jesus did was bad. He is the embodiment of moral perfection.

His is the only life worth imitating.
12-06-2014, 12:20 PM
(12-06-2014 12:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 10:04 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Maybe just a good old fashioned threat. I wonder how jeremy would view me if I told stories to my children about how being disobedient will result in violent death? It is just a parable kids - don't fret too much over it. In his eyes, God or jesus never did anything bad - so sad.

You are right. In my eyes, nothing Jesus did was bad. He is the embodiment of moral perfection.

So, telling people to kill others is moral perfection? Because he didn't mean it? Or because killing people is moral? So it would be ok for you to kill people? Or just threaten them because you don't really mean it??

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-06-2014, 12:25 PM
(12-06-2014 10:04 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Maybe just a good old fashioned threat. I wonder how jeremy would view me if I told stories to my children about how being disobedient will result in violent death? It is just a parable kids - don't fret too much over it. In his eyes, God or jesus never did anything bad - so sad.

You are mentally ill - nothing more to say.Sad

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
12-06-2014, 12:35 PM
(12-06-2014 12:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 12:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You are right. In my eyes, nothing Jesus did was bad. He is the embodiment of moral perfection.

So, telling people to kill others is moral perfection? Because he didn't mean it? Or because killing people is moral? So it would be ok for you to kill people? Or just threaten them because you don't really mean it??

Sometimes killing people is the right thing to do.
12-06-2014, 12:37 PM
(12-06-2014 12:25 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 12:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You are right. In my eyes, nothing Jesus did was bad. He is the embodiment of moral perfection.

You are mentally ill - nothing more to say.Sad

Why? Because I agree with the verdict of God? That men who are evil and unrepentant should be judged?

Why am I mentally ill for saying that God is not wrong in judging wicked people?
12-06-2014, 12:40 PM

So, you imitate this jeebus guy's life, do you? I don't remember anything in your fairy book about your jeebus riding sport bikes.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop