[split] I need to rant to other atheists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2014, 12:41 PM
RE: [split] I need to rant to other atheists.
(12-06-2014 12:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 12:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  So, telling people to kill others is moral perfection? Because he didn't mean it? Or because killing people is moral? So it would be ok for you to kill people? Or just threaten them because you don't really mean it??

Sometimes killing people is the right thing to do.

Not for the reasons in the bible. Slimey and disturbed (and that mentally ill thing!)!

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2014, 12:42 PM
(12-06-2014 12:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  So, telling people to kill others is moral perfection? Because he didn't mean it? Or because killing people is moral? So it would be ok for you to kill people? Or just threaten them because you don't really mean it??

Words fail me......

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
12-06-2014, 12:45 PM

Now there, that's why religion is scary and evil. Who is going to decide who gets killed? Do we do it like the folks who killed "witches" in Salem? Perhaps the crusades? Do we have them drink poisoned coolaid?

Stating that sometimes murder is the right thing to do makes you a dangerous person. It's bad for society to let you roam the streets, who knows when you get it in your head that Jesus spoke to you and told you to kill heathens or whores or the infirm or the mentally handicapped and what have you.

I suggest you rethink your opinion that sometimes killing people is the RIGHT thing to do.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-06-2014, 12:47 PM
(12-06-2014 12:37 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 12:25 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  You are mentally ill - nothing more to say.Sad

Why? Because I agree with the verdict of God? That men who are evil and unrepentant should be judged?

Why am I mentally ill for saying that God is not wrong in judging wicked people?

I will give you cedit for imitating jesus with the arrogance, discrimination, judgement, conditional acceptance, selfishness, egotism, hypocrosy, support of murder, support of rape, and absolute delusional state of mind. KudosThumbsup

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
12-06-2014, 12:51 PM
(12-06-2014 12:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 12:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Sometimes killing people is the right thing to do.

Now there, that's why religion is scary and evil. Who is going to decide who gets killed? Do we do it like the folks who killed "witches" in Salem? Perhaps the crusades? Do we have them drink poisoned coolaid?

Stating that sometimes murder is the right thing to do makes you a dangerous person. It's bad for society to let you roam the streets, who knows when you get it in your head that Jesus spoke to you and told you to kill heathens or whores or the infirm or the mentally handicapped and what have you.

I suggest you rethink your opinion that sometimes killing people is the RIGHT thing to do.

Nah... people like that only become dangerous when they think they are doing god's work and they can't think for themselves.

Uh.
Oops

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
12-06-2014, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 12:58 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(12-06-2014 12:37 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 12:25 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  You are mentally ill - nothing more to say.Sad

Why? Because I agree with the verdict of God?

PRECISELY. Your mythical sky-fairy is a monster, as has been demonstrated many times in discussions here that you avoid. We atheists in this forum have far higher and more noble morals, to wit: we do not commit mass murder, we do not sic bears on little children, we do not murder women for looking at our atrocities. We do not advocate raping women and girls and murdering babies and children. We do not set up our children in traps to fail, and we do not cruelly punish them and all of their progeny for falling into said traps. And that's just scratching the surface of the vile treachery of your imaginary deity.

So, yes, your agreement with this "verdict of gawd" IS mental illness, very definitely.

Quote: That men who are evil and unrepentant should be judged?

Your imaginary deity, as depicted, is evil and unrepentant. Ergo, by your own standard, YOU are evil and unrepentant and should be judged.

Quote:Why am I mentally ill for saying that God is not wrong in judging wicked people?

Because you yourself fail to understand your own wickedness and delusionally attempt to exclude yourself and your imaginary deity from {the set consisting of "the wicked"}.

Yeah, too bad we can't just kill off delusional fucktards like you who cite their fairy tale books to condone rape and murder.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
12-06-2014, 01:03 PM
[Image: 50953484_zps0e1e0800.jpg]
12-06-2014, 01:28 PM
(12-06-2014 12:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 10:04 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Maybe just a good old fashioned threat. I wonder how jeremy would view me if I told stories to my children about how being disobedient will result in violent death? It is just a parable kids - don't fret too much over it. In his eyes, God or jesus never did anything bad - so sad.

You are right. In my eyes, nothing Jesus did was bad. He is the embodiment of moral perfection.

His is the only life worth imitating.

Even though he exists only in the imagination of believers?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
12-06-2014, 02:36 PM
(12-06-2014 12:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You are right. In my eyes, nothing Jesus did was bad. He is the embodiment of moral perfection.

Imitating the life of another... if imitation can actually be referred to as living... would be living dishonestly.

It is no wonder your psyche struggles with "morality" and "judgement"; you have no idea who you are.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-06-2014, 02:47 PM
(12-06-2014 12:40 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 12:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You are right. In my eyes, nothing Jesus did was bad. He is the embodiment of moral perfection.

So, you imitate this jeebus guy's life, do you? I don't remember anything in your fairy book about your jeebus riding sport bikes.

Who said I did?