[split] I need to rant to other atheists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: [split] I need to rant to other atheists.
(12-06-2014 06:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 06:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  For in order for Christ's atoning work to be accounted to an individual, one must realize his need for forgiveness and then trust in Christ's finished work on the Cross for the remission of his/her sins. The idea of universalism is not a biblical doctrine. The atoning work is applicable only to the one who accepts the free gift of salvation.

Bullshit useless masochistic self-flagellation 'cause "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!" But you are right about one thing, Jeremy. You are not worthy. You are nowhere close to being ready to appreciate and understand The Word. Hell, you ain't even in the ballpark. You can't even find the ballpark for fuck's sake. You have the metaphysics of a child.

I think that's giving smart children far too little credit.

Theistic metaphysics are permanently stuck on toddler mode.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
12-06-2014, 06:35 PM
(12-06-2014 06:30 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 06:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bullshit useless masochistic self-flagellation 'cause "I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!" But you are right about one thing, Jeremy. You are not worthy. You are nowhere close to being ready to appreciate and understand The Word. Hell, you ain't even in the ballpark. You can't even find the ballpark for fuck's sake. You have the metaphysics of a child.

I think that's giving smart children far too little credit.

so says the man whose entire objection to the Kalam consisted in fallacious circular reasoning.

Tell us all again why the universe is exempt from needing a cause if it came into existence?
12-06-2014, 06:37 PM
(12-06-2014 06:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 06:30 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I think that's giving smart children far too little credit.

so says the man whose entire objection to the Kalam consisted in fallacious circular reasoning.

Tell us all again why the universe is exempt from needing a cause if it came into existence?

Hey, you fucking idiot, the ENTIRE cosmological argument is circular.

Refuting cosmological arguments doesn't necessitate making ANY alternate claims about the origin of the universe, you strawmanning shitstain.

Tell us again why your mythical creator gawd is exempt from needing a cause. Hobo

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
12-06-2014, 07:00 PM
(10-06-2014 08:52 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  [quote='true scotsman' pid='590864' dateline='1402408800']

I was raised to put others needs before my own. I was taught that selfishness is a vice not a virtue. You would have me believe the exact opposite.

1. Describe, precisely, what actions you take to put others' needs before your own?
2. What behaviors of yours prove that you are selfless?
3. I don't think anyone here wants you to 'believe' anything. You already do 'believe' and that is your problem. You should probably, instead, try THINKING! It could open whole new worlds for you.
12-06-2014, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 07:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-06-2014 06:30 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I think that's giving smart children far too little credit.

Oh my dear fuck. You're not gonna try and argue cosmology and physics with a physicist are you Jeremy? Oh my dear fuck. You won't be able to follow the math. Facepalm

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-06-2014, 07:14 PM
(12-06-2014 07:00 PM)CyberLN Wrote:  1. Describe, precisely, what actions you take to put others' needs before your own?

Depends on the circumstance.

(12-06-2014 07:00 PM)CyberLN Wrote:  2. What behaviors of yours prove that you are selfless?

It is not so much the act, but the intent and disposition of the heart that counts.

(12-06-2014 07:00 PM)CyberLN Wrote:  3. I don't think anyone here wants you to 'believe' anything. You already do 'believe' and that is your problem. You should probably, instead, try THINKING! It could open whole new worlds for you.

Yes, people here to want me to believe things. They want me to believe things like:

The universe does not need a cause for its existence even if it came into existence.

The universe is eternal in one way or another.

All Christians are irrational.

The brain is irrational.

Being selfish is to be preferred over being selfless.

Etc. Etc.

Stick around and you will see that indeed people want me to believe a lot of things.

And yes, I think. Quite often in fact. I am thinking now about what your possible responses might be and how to best answer them.
12-06-2014, 07:16 PM
(12-06-2014 07:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 06:35 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  so says the man whose entire objection to the Kalam consisted in fallacious circular reasoning.

Oh my dear fuck. You're not gonna try and argue cosmology and physics with a physicist are you Jeremy? Oh my dear fuck. You won't be able to follow the math. Facepalm

If he is a physicist, I sure can't tell.

Physicists usually have better arguments than: "The universe is exempt from the causal principle because it is not applicable to the universe."
12-06-2014, 07:17 PM
(12-06-2014 07:14 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 07:00 PM)CyberLN Wrote:  1. Describe, precisely, what actions you take to put others' needs before your own?

(12-06-2014 07:00 PM)CyberLN Wrote:  2. What behaviors of yours prove that you are selfless?

It is not so much the act, but the intent and disposition of the heart that counts.

(12-06-2014 07:00 PM)CyberLN Wrote:  3. I don't think anyone here wants you to 'believe' anything. You already do 'believe' and that is your problem. You should probably, instead, try THINKING! It could open whole new worlds for you.

Yes, people here to want me to believe things. They want me to believe things like:

The universe does not need a cause for its existence even if it came into existence.

The brain is irrational.

Etc. Etc.

Stick around and you will see that indeed people want me to believe a lot of things.

And yes, I think. Quite often in fact. I am thinking now about what your possible responses might be and how to best answer them.

[Image: Scarecrow.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
12-06-2014, 07:18 PM

He already explained that. You are suffering from dementia.
But thanks for yet again telling us your religious belief is born of a need for cognitive closure, and is nothing but an explanation place-holder.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-06-2014, 07:19 PM
(12-06-2014 07:14 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  

The brain is irrational.

Etc. Etc.

Your answers to 1 and 2 were drivel, non-answers, dodgy as hell; your answer to 3 actually made me chuckle out loud.
[+] 2 users Like CyberLN's post