[split] I need to rant to other atheists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2014, 07:25 AM
RE: [split] I need to rant to other atheists.
(15-06-2014 07:21 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 07:16 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It's called Argumentum Ad Absurdum. You couldn't be expected to know fuck about it.

And Checkmate, BTW.

Asshole.

I know what an Argumentum Ad Absurdum is.

How does it pertain to premise one of the moral argument?

^^^^ As you all see, Jermy demonstrates my point completely.

Well done, idiot.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2014, 07:25 AM
(15-06-2014 07:19 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  So. TS says they are objective. Irrelevant.

It is relevant to me because I am talking to him about the subject. It might be irrelevant to you and that is ok.

(15-06-2014 07:19 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You claim that they cannot be objective without your fairy tale monster.

I claim that objective moral values and duties are best explained as being grounded in a transcendent moral law giver i.e. God.

(15-06-2014 07:19 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I say they can't be objective without Monkeys Flying Out Of My Butt. There is absolutely no difference between the two claims. The fact that you are too fucking obtuse and ignorant to see this is your own problem.

Actually there is a difference. As far as I am aware, no one thinks that these monkeys you have in mind could be the grounds for objective moral values and duties. You have presented no argument for thinking they even could be. You just make the bare assertion. And since no non-theistic philosopher has wasted their time in trying to argue that these monkeys could be the grounds for objective moral values and duties, I will not waste my time in refuting something no one except you seems to think is plausible.

You see, I do not feel compelled to argue with you. So I won't.
15-06-2014, 07:27 AM
(15-06-2014 07:25 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 07:21 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I know what an Argumentum Ad Absurdum is.

How does it pertain to premise one of the moral argument?

^^^^ As you all see, Jermy demonstrates my point completely.

Well done, idiot.

You did not answer the question.
15-06-2014, 07:28 AM
(15-06-2014 05:09 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(14-06-2014 08:21 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  Personally, I believe morality comes from the collective subjective conscienceness-which is to say that morality is based on human consensus, rather than timeless absolutes. The CSC is ultimately based on society and thus is not truly objective.

and thus you would not take issue with premise one of the moral argument. Your view is the one held by the majority of atheists i.e. that moral values and duties are not objective.

you would take issue with premise two. you would say that when a catholic priest rapes a person and then tries to cover it up, that he has not done anything objectively wrong because there is nothing that makes the act objectively wrong. you would say that the Israelites who displaced the Canaanites at the behest of their God were actually doing what was right because the collective consensus of the nation was that they were obligated to displace the Canaanites.

So in denying premise two, you lose the right to denounce any act as truly immoral which is a favorite tactic of atheists who denounce religion.

[Image: 80d.gif]

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand here we go with the dead horse again.

You lost -- and fled -- this bullshit argument a long time ago, asswipe.

15-06-2014, 07:31 AM
(15-06-2014 07:28 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 05:09 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  and thus you would not take issue with premise one of the moral argument. Your view is the one held by the majority of atheists i.e. that moral values and duties are not objective.

you would take issue with premise two. you would say that when a catholic priest rapes a person and then tries to cover it up, that he has not done anything objectively wrong because there is nothing that makes the act objectively wrong. you would say that the Israelites who displaced the Canaanites at the behest of their God were actually doing what was right because the collective consensus of the nation was that they were obligated to displace the Canaanites.

So in denying premise two, you lose the right to denounce any act as truly immoral which is a favorite tactic of atheists who denounce religion.

[Image: 80d.gif]

If I lost and fled, how is it that I am still here, making the same statements which have yet to be refuted?
15-06-2014, 07:31 AM
(15-06-2014 07:27 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 07:25 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  ^^^^ As you all see, Jermy demonstrates my point completely.

Well done, idiot.

You did not answer the question.

Yes, I did. You are just too fucking stupid to figure it out.

15-06-2014, 07:34 AM
(15-06-2014 07:31 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 07:27 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You did not answer the question.

Yes, I did. You are just too fucking stupid to figure it out.

Actually you did'nt. You never gave a reason(s)/evidence for why one should think that these said monkeys are the grounds for objective moral values and duties.

Bare assertions do not count as evidence.
15-06-2014, 07:38 AM
(15-06-2014 07:25 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 07:19 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  So. TS says they are objective. Irrelevant.

It is relevant to me because I am talking to him about the subject. It might be irrelevant to you and that is ok.

Yeah. Go fuck yourself.

Quote:
(15-06-2014 07:19 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  You claim that they cannot be objective without your fairy tale monster.

I claim that objective moral values and duties are best explained as being grounded in a transcendent moral law giver i.e. God.

And I claim that they are best explained by Monkeys Flying Out Of My Butt. Your claim is based on equivocation of the word "law". This has been explained to you many times before.

Quote:
(15-06-2014 07:19 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I say they can't be objective without Monkeys Flying Out Of My Butt. There is absolutely no difference between the two claims. The fact that you are too fucking obtuse and ignorant to see this is your own problem.

Actually there is a difference. As far as I am aware, no one thinks that these monkeys you have in mind could be the grounds for objective moral values and duties.

Ad Populum Fallacy.

Quote:You have presented no argument for thinking they even could be.

I don't have to. My argument is not based on fallacious equivocation of the word "law". Yours is. Oh, and arguments aren't evidence, asshole. You have been told this dozens, maybe hundreds of times here.

Quote: You just make the bare assertion.

Precisely like YOU did. You have no right at all to accuse ANYONE of making a bare, unsupported assertion. Hypocrite, They Name is Jermy.

Quote:And since no non-theistic philosopher has wasted their time in trying to argue that these monkeys could be the grounds for objective moral values and duties, I will not waste my time in refuting something no one except you seems to think is plausible.

Ad Poopulum Fallacy again. My Reductio Ad Absurdum stands. Monkeys Flying Out Of My Butt is precisely as plausible as your mythical fairy tale monster.

Quote:You see, I do not feel compelled to argue with you. So I won't.

Yes, run away again, you chickenshit whiny pussy, just like you always do when your bullshit is refuted.

15-06-2014, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2014 07:51 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(15-06-2014 07:34 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 07:31 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Yes, I did. You are just too fucking stupid to figure it out.

Actually you did'nt. You never gave a reason(s)/evidence for why one should think that these said monkeys are the grounds for objective moral values and duties.

*didn't

I gave a reason that my absurd assertion is precisely as plausible as yours.

Quote:You never gave....evidence

You never give evidence for your gawd-bullshit AT ALL.

[Image: 5363b36b9d7bc.image.jpg]

Quote:Bare assertions do not count as evidence.

Says the sorry motherfucker who spouts bare assertions all day every fucking day.

Including your "gawd-as-lawgiver" bare assertion.

Checkmate.

15-06-2014, 07:44 AM
(15-06-2014 07:31 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 07:28 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  [Image: 80d.gif]

If I lost and fled, how is it that I am still here,

You tell me, asshole. All of those debates are still sitting there for anyone to see.

Quote: making the same statements which have been refuted many times over?

Fixed that for you.

Because you are an asshole fail troll who flees threads in which you have been refuted and defeated handily, only to resurrect the same refuted pseudo-arguments elsewhere.

I'm not telling you anything you and everyone else here doesn't already know, shitstain.

So go ahead and run away, little Monkey -- Shoo-Fly Right Out Of My Butt.