[split] I need to rant to other atheists.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2014, 08:48 AM
RE: [split] I need to rant to other atheists.
(09-06-2014 02:36 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-06-2014 12:24 PM)Elskidor Wrote:  The best reason would be because he's a fictional character, and poorly written one at that.

Even if this is true, why not pattern one's life after His?
Hmm...
Jesus... Cinderella...
Tough choice. Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2014, 08:52 AM
(10-06-2014 08:00 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  You wrote: "Why not live a life of utter self-denial and self sacrifice so that those around you who you encounter on a day to day basis may be edified and built up and encouraged?"

Because that is the life of a sacrificial animal. Because those ideas are unspeakably evil. It is the morality of death. The self is the mind. The desire to be selfless is the desire not to be and that is the dirty little secret of Christianity. A moral code which demands self sacrifice, self abnegation and self loathing as your Christian world view does has death as its standard of value.

Why not live your life as a Human being? Why is it good to do for others but never for yourself? What's wrong with self fulfillment? What is wrong with your own happiness being your highest purpose in life? Why do we ever need to sacrifice? Why not enjoy your life and use your mind to the fullest to achieve your own purpose neither sacrificing yourself to others or others to yourself?

Life is about the gaining of values not their loss. Life is a self directed process of the achievement of values not of their renunciation. The whole purpose of your religion is to destroy man's mind and his self esteem and all of the other virtues needed for life on this Earth such as pride, productiveness, genuine love for others and rational self interest.

Here is the code I live by Jeremy: I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man nor ask another man to live for mine.

I think this is the most shallow way to live.

Incidentally, I have lived the way you describe. I did for most of my life.

I was selfish and self-centered and cared only about "doing me" and "getting mine".

So when I say that I think this is the most shallow way to live I speak as one who has been privy to its ramifications.

You see the thing is, you see no problem in living to pursue happiness. The problem is, is that if everyone lived this way, life would be unlivable. For at the end of the day you do care if people treat you with respect. You do care if people care about you and the things you think are important. But if you extend the right to everyone else that you reserve for yourself, i.e to do whatever makes them happy, you do away with law itself. You are left with lawlessness and anarchy.

I was raised to put others needs before my own. I was taught that selfishness is a vice not a virtue. You would have me believe the exact opposite.
10-06-2014, 08:55 AM
(09-06-2014 03:16 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  i simply asked why not live a life of self denial and self sacrificing love? this is what i mean by being a follower of Jesus Christ for this is how one seeks to live if they are a follower of Christ.
So you're not a follower of Christ? Interesting. If you were living a life of self denial, you wouldn't be here on the internet on your luxurious computer. I think it's about time you practice what you preach. Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
10-06-2014, 09:00 AM
(10-06-2014 08:55 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(09-06-2014 03:16 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  i simply asked why not live a life of self denial and self sacrificing love? this is what i mean by being a follower of Jesus Christ for this is how one seeks to live if they are a follower of Christ.
So you're not a follower of Christ? Interesting. If you were living a life of self denial, you wouldn't be here on the internet on your luxurious computer. I think it's about time you practice what you preach. Consider

living a life of self denial does not mean not using a computer. I do not know why you would even think that.
10-06-2014, 09:04 AM
(10-06-2014 09:00 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(10-06-2014 08:55 AM)Impulse Wrote:  So you're not a follower of Christ? Interesting. If you were living a life of self denial, you wouldn't be here on the internet on your luxurious computer. I think it's about time you practice what you preach. Consider

living a life of self denial does not mean not using a computer. I do not know why you would even think that.
Ah, denying only what's not too inconvenient to give up. Typical. You must love lent. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
10-06-2014, 09:12 AM
(10-06-2014 09:04 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(10-06-2014 09:00 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  living a life of self denial does not mean not using a computer. I do not know why you would even think that.
Ah, denying only what's not too inconvenient to give up. Typical. You must love lent. Drinking Beverage

I do not observe Lent. You assumed I did. I use my computer for many things. To pay bills, to look at news. For work, to correspond with friends and to talk to others about Jesus. I also play Chess.

If I were to use it for evil purposes or if God called me to abdtain from using it for a time as He has in the past, and did not deny myself and still used it, then I would be in sin.
10-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Jeremy.

You are an attention whore.

There are other places to get attention. I mean mate, you actively intruded in an atheist to atheist thread.

You cannot deny trolling.

Admins. Time is up. Ban this fuckwit and block his ip.

Enough is a fucking NOUGH!!!

Why do Christian trolls get a free pass???

Seth. Are you really an atheist????

I have serious fucking doubts.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
10-06-2014, 09:19 AM
(10-06-2014 09:12 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(10-06-2014 09:04 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Ah, denying only what's not too inconvenient to give up. Typical. You must love lent. Drinking Beverage

I do not observe Lent. You assumed I did. I use my computer for many things. To pay bills, to look at news. For work, to correspond with friends and to talk to others about Jesus. I also play Chess.

If I were to use it for evil purposes or if God called me to abdtain from using it for a time as He has in the past, and did not deny myself and still used it, then I would be in sin.

You're using it to antagonize people, to willfully bother and upset them. You can't deny this.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
10-06-2014, 09:19 AM
(10-06-2014 09:12 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(10-06-2014 09:04 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Ah, denying only what's not too inconvenient to give up. Typical. You must love lent. Drinking Beverage

Why do you pay bills? If you did not have luxuries, you would not have bills. Chess? News? Jesus would be ashamed at your lack of self denial! Don't even try to use "talking to others about Jesus" as an excuse. Clearly you can do that in person and in church. You don't need a computer. It's a luxury that you are not denying yourself. You can be dishonest with yourself, but remember, Jesus knows the truth. Of course, I don't believe this, but you should... Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
10-06-2014, 09:21 AM
(09-06-2014 03:03 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  What we have on this forum is truly appalling in some ways. It is supposed to be about thinking and "reasoning". Here we have someone who is a devout Christian who has posted something which Kant, the father of modern philosophy, wrote about, and no one has the kahunas to deal with it seriously.

*cojones

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user