[split] Ignorance about anarchism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2014, 04:13 PM
RE: [split] Ignorance about anarchism
(15-05-2014 05:13 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 05:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why wait? Move out of the US and renounce your citizenship now and be a man without a country. That's what a true libertarian would do.

Firstly, it's well known that often the US won't allow people to renounce when they don't already have 2nd citizenship since it would leave you a stateless refugee, unable to legally live or work anywhere.

That's why you gotta move first. I suggest Costa Rica. And even if you didn't renounce your citizenship and just stopped paying taxes and never came back what they gonna do to you? Send the CIA after you?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2014, 04:17 PM
@EvolutionKills,

That video is AWESOME! A GREAT example of why we libertarians feel we're right. See, if you're going to create a video attacking somebody else's belief system, yet, you are unwilling to mention what that belief system is and instead make personal attacks, then you know the belief system is pretty awesome and the maker of the video is on the ropes.

If there was a shred of legitimacy he would have mentioned that the one and only thing libertarians call for is letting people exercise free will and make choices without coercion. That's it. Libertarians may write huge books justifying that position, but that is the one and only issue. So how convenient that he didn't mention it. Instead he says:

1. When libertarians say we want to be left alone to make our choices it's "selfish". You could say that if we weren't reciprocal. But since we also put the guns and clubs down and let other people exercise free will too, well it's hard to see how not threatening to beat someone over the head is selfish.

2. We're anti-government. It is the exact opposite. What defines the government and what it does? The constitution. And what is the one and only group that vows to uphold the constitution (and thus the government) no matter the personal cost? Who are the only Congressmen who consult the constitution before voting on issues? Heck the ideological founder of US libertarians was Thomas Jefferson and what is Thomas Jefferson most famous for??? Oh yeah, creating a new government.

3. We want to roll things back to the founding father's time. Considering that what we libertarians fight is the way you liberals want to rolls things back millions of years to when the first animal crawled out of the primordial soup and killed another animal that had something he wanted, which side is really calling to roll back the clock?

4. We're smug because we rely on reason, not emotion. Ok, finally he makes a good point. Guilty as charged.

Great video there.
16-05-2014, 04:19 PM
(16-05-2014 04:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's why you gotta move first. I suggest Costa Rica. And even if you didn't renounce your citizenship and just stopped paying taxes and never came back what they gonna do to you? Send the CIA after you?

Yes. Look at what happened to Bobby Fischer. The US pressured Japan to arrest him and extradite him back to the US because he expatriated, fled the US never to return, and refused to continue handing everything over to big brother. In every other country their IRS's operate locally, in their own country, of course. But the US IRS has thousands of enforcement agents all over the world to hunt down expats who try to escape.
16-05-2014, 04:28 PM
(16-05-2014 04:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  Both you and Chas said 'It's because moving is too expensive and impractical.' Remember, we're all just people. So imagine you're in my house, I refuse to let you move out and leave, and when you ask why, my justification is "Because moving is so expensive, and I care you about so much, that I don't want to give you that option, lest you spend money you cannot afford."

ROFL. That IS what you both said. Really pathetic.

You know what? Fuck you, you lying cunt.

Show me where I said anything of the sort. Or just shut the fuck up.
[/quote]

Ok, before I waste a bunch of time reading your posts to find the one where I said laws that force people to do things against their will should have a limited jurisdiction so they have the option of moving, and you responded that moving is expensive and practical... So, if I invest the time and low and behold I'm right in that case will you apologize? Or, if you DID say that and then call me a 'lying cunt' because you apparently forgot what your position is on the matter, will your response be the usual 'fuck you'?
16-05-2014, 04:32 PM
(16-05-2014 04:19 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 04:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's why you gotta move first. I suggest Costa Rica. And even if you didn't renounce your citizenship and just stopped paying taxes and never came back what they gonna do to you? Send the CIA after you?

Yes. Look at what happened to Bobby Fischer. The US pressured Japan to arrest him and extradite him back to the US because he expatriated, fled the US never to return, and refused to continue handing everything over to big brother. In every other country their IRS's operate locally, in their own country, of course. But the US IRS has thousands of enforcement agents all over the world to hunt down expats who try to escape.

What is your evidence of that?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-05-2014, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2014 04:38 PM by Chas.)
What's with the fucked up quotes?

16-05-2014, 04:36 PM
(16-05-2014 04:28 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 04:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  Both you and Chas said 'It's because moving is too expensive and impractical.' Remember, we're all just people. So imagine you're in my house, I refuse to let you move out and leave, and when you ask why, my justification is "Because moving is so expensive, and I care you about so much, that I don't want to give you that option, lest you spend money you cannot afford."

ROFL. That IS what you both said. Really pathetic.

You know what? Fuck you, you lying cunt.

Show me where I said anything of the sort. Or just shut the fuck up.

Quote:Ok, before I waste a bunch of time reading your posts to find the one where I said laws that force people to do things against their will should have a limited jurisdiction so they have the option of moving, and you responded that moving is expensive and practical... So, if I invest the time and low and behold I'm right in that case will you apologize? Or, if you DID say that and then call me a 'lying cunt' because you apparently forgot what your position is on the matter, will your response be the usual 'fuck you'?

I said not everyone can afford to move. And your imaginary scenario above is just another of your incredibly stupid ones.

16-05-2014, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2014 04:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-05-2014 04:19 PM)frankksj Wrote:  

Yes. Look at what happened to Bobby Fischer.

Are you Bobby Fischer? Do you think the US Government would even notice your absence let alone give a shit? And the IRS got no jurisdiction outside the US. What they gonna do? Go to the Costa Rican Government and say, "WAHHHHH! MAKE FRANKIE PAY"?

#sigh
16-05-2014, 04:42 PM
(16-05-2014 04:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  I said not everyone can afford to move.

Ah, backpeddling. Yes, it's true. When I said the only time I would push back on any policy you propose is if drew the jurisdictional lines in such a way that people couldn't move out and escape if they found your rules too oppressive, you DID respond 'not everyone can afford to move'. As though because some people might not be able to move and escape your rules that is somehow justification for not even allowing them to try. Like you're saving people from the option of being so stupid as to squander their meager savings to escape.

If you don't like that answer, than pick another one:

Since I will accept any jurisdictional line that allows people to leave, why is this so offensive to you and non-negotiable that you insist the line must be drawn so that it covers precisely every square inch where those affected are legally allowed to move?
16-05-2014, 04:44 PM
(16-05-2014 04:39 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-05-2014 04:19 PM)frankksj Wrote:  Yes. Look at what happened to Bobby Fischer.

Are you Bobby Fischer? Do you think the Government would even notice your absence let alone give a shit?

I guess that depends on whether Frank has active warrants like Bobby Fischer did before he expatriates. If not they will give exactly 0 fucks.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post