[split] In the beginning...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2014, 07:41 AM
RE: [split] In the beginning...
(27-08-2014 07:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  There is a middle ground called "we don't know".

And there's the not so middle ground of "Ok sure, can't prove it because proof is tricky outside of maths, but can be pretty certain within limits of probability"...

Muslim, I look forward to your persuading me that Allah is more probable than the absence of Allah. Be aware that I don't accept the legitimacy of the Quran, so if you wish to use that in your argument you will have to first satisfy me (and whoever else) that it is in fact a legitimate source of information, and not just a bunch of deranged ramblings of some guy from back in the day.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-08-2014, 01:38 PM
(27-08-2014 07:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 07:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  There is a middle ground called "we don't know".

And there's the not so middle ground of "Ok sure, can't prove it because proof is tricky outside of maths, but can be pretty certain within limits of probability"...

That's what I meant - I was contrasting it to absolutism.

If I had expanded it, it wouldn't have been terse. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
27-08-2014, 01:44 PM
(27-08-2014 01:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  If I had expanded it, it wouldn't have been terse. Drinking Beverage

Ahahaha Big Grin Truth.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Tomorrow is the only day in the year that appeals to a lazy man. ~Jimmy Lyons

It's always later, later, later with you.

How many jobs have you lost? I bet you suck as an employee.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
27-08-2014, 08:35 PM
(27-08-2014 06:47 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(26-08-2014 03:03 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Mentioning other realities does not counter my point that theists only think in terms of absolutes leaving them unable to adequately cope with the only reality we exist in.

We don't even know that other universes / planes exist and whatever we say about them is pure speculation, not falsifiable and therefore completely irrelevant.
Yes, but my point is that you should not assert the non-existent of something in general?

to be more specific, you are trying to refute Islam (or other religions) because they mentioned "strange" things that you don't have a clue about.

Stop dancing around already. You said this "Anyway I'll write a proof later." on August 19th, it's been over a week now.
Where is the damm proof?

PS. I also recall you also said that you would show us miracles in the Qur'an in another thread. Where are they?

PSS. Stop dancing around.

PSSS. Seriously.

PSSSS. You don't have anything.
[+] 1 user Likes xieulong's post
27-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Every time Muslie talks.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post
28-08-2014, 12:12 AM
(27-08-2014 07:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  We don't accept your claims. We are not refuting Islam, we are rejecting the claims as unevidenced.

Most things are not binary, true or false. There is a middle ground called "we don't know".
Exactly
A real honest Atheist is the one looking for knowldge
28-08-2014, 12:21 AM
For fuck sake. Do you have any evidence at all that backs up the idiotic claims in your stupid religions fucking book or not? You have been yammering on for a week now about your diseased fables and aside from singing praises for mass murder and demanding evidence for why raping children is not ok you have not done jack shit.

Put up or shut up.

What real testable evidence do you have that your religion is the one religion out of thousands that is not made up bullshit?
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
28-08-2014, 12:59 AM
(28-08-2014 12:12 AM)Muslim Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 07:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  We don't accept your claims. We are not refuting Islam, we are rejecting the claims as unevidenced.

Most things are not binary, true or false. There is a middle ground called "we don't know".
Exactly
A real honest Atheist is the one looking for knowldge

You thick son of a bitch.

We are looking for knowledge BY FUCKING ASKING YOU TO PRESENT IT.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 2 users Like DemonicLemon's post
28-08-2014, 01:17 AM
Still no evidence?

[Image: tumblr_mqxy6op7Xj1rth2h5o1_400.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post