[split] Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2014, 03:53 AM
RE: [split] Introduce Yourself HERE!
(02-01-2014 03:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  Thanks for splitting, whoever did that Smile

Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-01-2014, 07:04 AM
(02-01-2014 02:12 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I oppose:
-the Modern Feminist movement
-Homosexuality
-Most stripes of Marxism
-abortion

This is the point where I'd be surprised if you can even define anything of those things without shoving your foot in your mouth. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-01-2014, 08:32 AM
(02-01-2014 01:43 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I figured at the time that feminists were rebelling against the Curse of Eve--the most prominent penalty (by modern standards) is the woman being submissive to the man.

I figured that feminists rebelled because they did not want to accept the curse.

Option 1: Assume there is a God. Assume he made two people, and they broke the one rule he made. Assume that he gave all women a curse that involves increased childbearing pains and obedience to men.

Option 2: Observe that women have childbearing pains. Observe the dominance of patriarchal cultures during that point in history. Assume that the above-mentioned assumptions are post hoc justifications for misogyny.

I mean, I know Occam's Razor doesn't prove anything, but one of these positions certainly seems more reasonable.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
02-01-2014, 11:10 PM
(02-01-2014 08:32 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Option 1: Assume there is a God. Assume he made two people, and they broke the one rule he made. Assume that he gave all women a curse that involves increased childbearing pains and obedience to men.

Option 2: Observe that women have childbearing pains. Observe the dominance of patriarchal cultures during that point in history. Assume that the above-mentioned assumptions are post hoc justifications for misogyny.

Yes. Obviously, I'm the guy who chooses option 1.

It was my sixth post addressing sedevacantism. It is a hot topic. There are many battles within the Church, and the temptation for many people to cease loyalty to the pope is one such battle. "Sede Vacante" means "vacant seat," and sedevacantists (sedes) believe that there is no pope, and that the Chair of Peter is empty.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
02-01-2014, 11:37 PM
(02-01-2014 11:10 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  ...
"Sede Vacante" means "vacant seat," and sedevacantists (sedes) believe that there is no pope, and that the Chair of Peter is empty.

Oh! Thanks for that.

I always thought it referred to a certain type of Cafia member who was both sedated and kinda vacant.

Dodgy

03-01-2014, 07:47 AM
(02-01-2014 11:10 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 08:32 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Option 1: Assume there is a God. Assume he made two people, and they broke the one rule he made. Assume that he gave all women a curse that involves increased childbearing pains and obedience to men.

Yes. Obviously, I'm the guy who chooses option 1.

It was my sixth post addressing sedevacantism. It is a hot topic. There are many battles within the Church, and the temptation for many people to cease loyalty to the pope is one such battle. "Sede Vacante" means "vacant seat," and sedevacantists (sedes) believe that there is no pope, and that the Chair of Peter is empty.

Unless the sedevacantists can show how the seat was stolen, they are just whining about the loss of their security blanket. Change makes them uneasy - so uneasy that they can't believe a 'real' pope would do or say such things.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-01-2014, 08:23 AM
(03-01-2014 07:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 11:10 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Yes. Obviously, I'm the guy who chooses option 1.

Unless the sedevacantists can show how the seat was stolen, they are just whining about the loss of their security blanket. Change makes them uneasy - so uneasy that they can't believe a 'real' pope would do or say such things.

Chas you know No True Scotsman would ever endorse Vatican II. Yes

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-01-2014, 08:44 AM
Wow! I didn't even know about sedevacantism until this thread. While I'm not surprised that there's yet another reason for the Christian sects to form another schism, I find this shit fascinating. It's all wizards and oracles and prophecies and cloak-and-daggers all the way down! I can certainly see why believing in that would make your world view a lot more interesting. Hell, I play Dungeons & Dragons for fun. I suppose the only real difference between me and them is that I don't actually believe in any of it.
03-01-2014, 09:16 AM
(02-01-2014 02:12 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Even my political leanings have shifted this year. I was a Right-Wing Republican who was partial to libertarians and the Ron Paul movement. But now, I am greatly enthusiastic about Catholic Monarchy, and currently I prefer that over what we have in the United States.

LOL a monarchist! I didnt even believe that your kind of people still exist outside of Saudi Arabia.

Quote:I dunno. That's just a sort of a run-down on the kind of guy I am. I am probably opposed to a lot of what people believe here. But what can you do?

laught

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post
03-01-2014, 09:53 AM
(03-01-2014 08:44 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  ... It's all wizards and oracles and prophecies and cloak-and-daggers all the way down!

Incorrect. It is turtles all the way down. It is always turtles.

[Image: Fig2.jpg]

Tongue

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post