[split] Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2017, 07:54 PM
[split] Introduction
In 2010 I moved to Catholic Guatemala to marry the true love of my life. After two failed MF marriages I am still utterly convinced this woman is the one.

When I moved here I had a small belief. It felt convenient. But after five years it was all gone. Not a sillable of belief was left in me. My wife on the other hand went the opposite direction when I started questioning what religion stands for.

I listened to Christopher Hitchens and others and realized how utter wrong all religions are.

I have come to the hatch conclusion that all religions have the same bottom line.
-They all oppress women in order to grant men full access to female genitals to masturbate within at any time they want to.
It's an appalling view of half of the population.
As a result of living among a highly religious population I now consider myself an anti deist.

Still married to my lovely wife, and I have no plans on leaving her. But I would like some help on how to plant a seed of thoughts in her...

I'll keep this introduction short.
Swedish
Male
55 years old
Radar engineer
Air Force SOG officer
Now; Account Operations Manager for a major US corporation.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Boris Ekner's post
05-07-2017, 08:14 PM
RE: [split] Introduction
(05-07-2017 07:54 PM)Boris Ekner Wrote:  ... But I would like some help on how to plant a seed of thoughts in her...

Welcome to TTA.

Perhaps you've answered your own question... what were the seeds of doubt that started you down the 'thoughts' path?

Wink

05-07-2017, 08:47 PM
(05-07-2017 08:14 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 07:54 PM)Boris Ekner Wrote:  ... But I would like some help on how to plant a seed of thoughts in her...

Welcome to TTA.

Perhaps you've answered your own question... what were the seeds of doubt that started you down the 'thoughts' path?

Wink

Laugh out load Dammit, DLJ, you have a real way with words!
05-07-2017, 09:06 PM
(05-07-2017 08:14 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Welcome to TTA.

Wink
Thanks for te idea. I'll keep thinking about that one for a few days. My own religious questioning started off as I saw how rediculously irrational the local customs are. Especially regarding same sex relationships, abortion, view on women, male superiority, the high crime rates, the massive corruption, death penalty, thanking God for everything good but never blaming the omnipotent and omniscient for the bad, and much much more.

As I looked into the Bible for answers I just sped up my disbeliefs. So in that matter the Bible was the book to read...
[+] 1 user Likes Boris Ekner's post
06-07-2017, 08:48 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post