[split] It's Supernatural.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2013, 07:35 PM
RE: [split] It's Supernatural.
(07-12-2013 07:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 07:25 PM)Buvey Wrote:  Not having a God and not having a religion are the same thing, though yeah I guess technically it means 'without god' but who gives a fuck what Latin says, it's a modern English term Tongue
No, that is incorrect. Buddhism, for instance, is an atheistic religion.

Then why do Buddhists say "All hail the jewel of the Lotus" when they meditate?

There's no such thing as an atheistic religion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 07:35 PM
(07-12-2013 07:25 PM)Buvey Wrote:  Not having a God and not having a religion are the same thing, ...

Ha... find yourself the nearest fundamentalist and tell them you are an atheist... they will insist atheism is your religion. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-12-2013, 07:37 PM
(07-12-2013 07:35 PM)kim Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 07:25 PM)Buvey Wrote:  Not having a God and not having a religion are the same thing, ...

Ha... find yourself the nearest fundamentalist and tell them you are an atheist... they will insist atheism is your religion. Wink

There was once this fundie that I knew, he was crazy, he said that Gay people shouldn't be allowed to play sports, the dickheadwhorecunt.
07-12-2013, 07:41 PM
(07-12-2013 07:35 PM)Buvey Wrote:  Then why do Buddhists say "All hail the jewel of the Lotus" when they meditate?
Do you care to elaborate on why you believe that this is relevant to the discussion at hand?

(07-12-2013 07:35 PM)Buvey Wrote:  There's no such thing as an atheistic religion.
I provided you with an example a mere 10 minutes ago.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
07-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Buddhism is not about either believing or disbelieving in God or gods. Instead, the historical Buddha taught that believing in gods was not useful for those seeking to realize enlightenment. Buddhism does not address god - some sects may but, basic Buddhism based on the Buddha's original teaching, does not.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
07-12-2013, 07:44 PM
(07-12-2013 07:41 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 07:35 PM)Buvey Wrote:  Then why do Buddhists say "All hail the jewel of the Lotus" when they meditate?
Do you care to elaborate on why you believe that this is relevant to the discussion at hand?

(07-12-2013 07:35 PM)Buvey Wrote:  There's no such thing as an atheistic religion.
I provided you with an example a mere 10 minutes ago.

Yes it is relevant to the discussion at hand, you said Buddhism was atheistic and I said no because they're mantra is "all hail the jewel of the Lotus," which basically is worshiping the Buddha of Compassion as a God.
07-12-2013, 07:47 PM
(07-12-2013 07:43 PM)kim Wrote:  Buddhism is not about either believing or disbelieving in God or gods. Instead, the historical Buddha taught that believing in gods was not useful for those seeking to realize enlightenment. Buddhism does not address god - some sects may but, basic Buddhism based on the Buddha's original teaching, does not.

So basically there are two schools of thought, the traditional Theradevas and the reformed Mahayannas. The teachings of the historical Buddha were embodied in Theradeva, which recognizes Hindu gods as well as that Siddartha was a God in his samsara past. The Mahayannas are diluted by local culture to accept local eg Chinese gods, so they all believe in a God some way or another.

Now that Buddhism has been disproven, what is another example of an "atheistic religion".
07-12-2013, 07:48 PM
(07-12-2013 07:44 PM)Buvey Wrote:  Yes it is relevant to the discussion at hand, you said Buddhism was atheistic and I said no because they're mantra is "all hail the jewel of the Lotus," which basically is worshiping the Buddha of Compassion as a God.
Please refer to kim's post above. I think she addressed your argument adequately.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
07-12-2013, 07:50 PM
(07-12-2013 07:48 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 07:44 PM)Buvey Wrote:  Yes it is relevant to the discussion at hand, you said Buddhism was atheistic and I said no because they're mantra is "all hail the jewel of the Lotus," which basically is worshiping the Buddha of Compassion as a God.
Please refer to kim's post above. I think she addressed your argument adequately.

Well, I disproved her to. Now, like I said, what is another "atheistic religion"?
07-12-2013, 07:52 PM
(07-12-2013 07:50 PM)Buvey Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 07:48 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Please refer to kim's post above. I think she addressed your argument adequately.

Well, I disproved her to. Now, like I said, what is another "atheistic religion"?

Gwynnite. Tongue

Now why you over here starting shit, n00b?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user