[split] It's Supernatural.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2013, 08:09 AM
RE: [split] It's Supernatural.
(07-12-2013 09:49 PM)Chippy Wrote:  It doesn't really matter what WitchSabrina thinks of my posts. She is nothing more than a foil or pretext to present a case for the utter stupidity of Wicca. That will be her most valuable contribution to rational skepticism. That notwithstanding I remain convinced that anyone that has the capacity to believe in Wicca is essentially foolish. The doublethink that it demands is special. Someone that stupid also isn't going to make a substantive contribution to the forum so I have no concerns about discouraging valuable input. If anything they will contaminate the forum with their stupidity.

In case anyone missed it --- Now I'm going to contaminate the entire Forum.
All hail our ChippieDoodle...............

stalk much?
personal attack much?

Chippie you should stop and add up the sheer NUMBER of words you've typed and typed and typed in this thread so you could gain a *little* bit of perspective on just how deep your level of hate goes. No one else cares enough to Type on and on and on....................thousands of words berating or rebuttal - but you.
No one.
No one else is So Very Very threatened
but you...

so now
You're SOOOoooo very threatened that you accuse me of contaminating the WHOLE of the forum? Jesus. H. Christ. ... you need to get a grip.

(that's it! No funny pictures for you today. I refuse to entertain you further.)
Buwwaaahaaaa

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
08-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Nobody is assuming an attitude of condescension except for you. If you want to keep playing the victim, knock yourself out Chippy.

Why do you think nobody has addressed this "doublethink" thing?

I did. Days ago.

(06-12-2013 01:51 AM)I Wrote:  YES, every Wiccan is aware that Gardiner fabricated the specifics, stole ritual layout from the Kabblah, etc. We all *knew* that going in. The entire point of the religion was to be a reformation and resurrection of older pagan religions, not direct generational lineages. In Wiccan/Neo-pagan mythology, Christianity's rise to power killed many of our old gods and snuffed those European religions out. A fake-y modern-y recreation was the only option to pay homage to those deities, as there was not a continual/unbroken line of worship after Jesus became the golden child.

Additionally, btw, there are neopagans who are not specifically Wiccan.

I wonder if you feel the same way about Wicca as you do other religions that require this nebulous doublethink concept. Scientology? Mormonism? If not, then you have to admit to yourself that this little display is nothing more than a personal vendetta.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
08-12-2013, 07:52 PM
(08-12-2013 03:57 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  YES, every Wiccan is aware that Gardiner fabricated the specifics, stole ritual layout from the Kabblah, etc. We all *knew* that going in. The entire point of the religion was to be a reformation and resurrection of older pagan religions, not direct generational lineages. In Wiccan/Neo-pagan mythology, Christianity's rise to power killed many of our old gods and snuffed those European religions out. A fake-y modern-y recreation was the only option to pay homage to those deities, as there was not a continual/unbroken line of worship after Jesus became the golden child.

That isn't an explanation of how something that is obviously invented can be true. Nor is it an explanation of the aberrant and perverse pattern of thinking that would sustain this contradiction.

Quote:I wonder if you feel the same way about Wicca as you do other religions that require this nebulous doublethink concept. Scientology? Mormonism?

Mormonism claims to be a revealed religion. Smith claimed that an angel directed him to the location of a set of gold plates which contained the text of the Book of Mormon in an encrypted form. Mormonism is a good point of comparison. Had Josepth Smith instead tolf everyone that he made-up the Book of Mormon then on what grounds would they abandon Christianity. The Church of LDS obtains its "authority" from the belief that the Book of Mormon is a revealed text not because Smith made it up. If you can convince a Mormon that Smith created the Book of Mormon then their faith will evaporate.

Regarding Scientology, Hubbard does not say that he invented the Xenu mythology. Rather he claims that it is factual and he knows it because he recovered it from lost memory. Hubbard claims to have passed through the so-called "Wall of Fire" and was the the first person in 75,000,000 years to solve the booby-trapped "R6 implant". I'm not going to explain all this CoS nonsense, you can look it up. So CoS doctrine too is--in a sense--also revealed.

The doublethink that Wicca requires, i.e. Gardner invented Wicca AND Wicca is true, is AFAIK unique. Members of the CoS are routinely ridiculed for being gullible but when someone tells you that they have made something up and you still believe it that is extra-special.

Quote: If not, then you have to admit to yourself that this little display is nothing more than a personal vendetta.

You don't seem to want to come to terms with just how stupid and cognitively aberrant Wicca actually is.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2013, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 08:17 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(07-12-2013 08:14 PM)Buvey Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 08:08 PM)kim Wrote:  From the original teachings, Buddha also plainly said that he was not a god, but "awakened." The Buddha taught his disciples to cultivate devotional and reverential habits of mind to break the bonds of ego. Devotion is not a corruption of Buddhism, but an expression of it... perhaps this is where people are mistaken in their understandings of the original Buddha teaching. This may also perhaps be why people see these devotional habits to be worship.

But there is no religion based off of the Buddha in that way, unless you where to found one. The Pali Canon of the Theradevas specifically mentions Rama as a person conversing with Siddartha. The Mahayanna Nebbanna Sutta has a verse wear, after having defeated Mara (Hindu lord of desire), every God chants about the Buddha's conquering desire. Part of being any Buddhist means subscribing to these texts and that means believing in the Gods they contain. Also Mara is very important to Buddhism to.

Um you have got it wrong. Some elements of the Thai Forest Tradition adhere to the original teachings, and understand that mention of "Mara" is allegorical. And you didn't cite the Sutta you are claiming. But you are gone anyway so fuckit.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
08-12-2013, 08:18 PM
(08-12-2013 08:09 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  In case anyone missed it --- Now I'm going to contaminate the entire Forum.
All hail our ChippieDoodle...............

He's a punk-ass bitch and a chickenshit when confronted. Fuck the sumbitch.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
08-12-2013, 09:31 PM
(08-12-2013 07:52 PM)Chippy Wrote:  You don't seem to want to come to terms with just how stupid and cognitively aberrant Wicca actually is.

............I've actually already explained everything...........in detail.......several times over. You are ignoring & dismissing it in a desperate attempt to convince yourself you are 'right' about a religion that doesn't even matter as much as the ones who do widespread/serious harm. You are repeating everything you've already said, which we've already proven false and misguided, then claiming victory. (Only now you are actually defending Mormonism and Scientology, so I guess you've technically regressed.) Then when I ask you honest questions you either ignore them or word your answers in such a way to deflect blame. And you're doing all this presumably to make a random person whom you will never even meet feel bad about a mistake she made *once.*

This is the most transparent and obtuse case of unwarranted self-importance that I've ever seen on the internet. Sometime you'll have to write a book about what it's like to be perfect, because you are asserting that anybody who's ever made any type of mistake should be held responsible for it forever.

I'm 100% positive *nothing* anybody says here will get through to you, and I'm very happy that this happened. Now I know it is safe to just ignore your posts during serious discussions from this point forward.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
08-12-2013, 10:24 PM
(08-12-2013 09:31 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  ............I've actually already explained everything...........in detail.......several times over.

No, you haven't.
09-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Chip-on-your-shoulder, I would explain to you Why Wicca was created BY man For man(kind) - as opposed to being only *divinely inspired* - but you'd just keep going in circles with your own opinions. You've already shown great skill for only listening to yourself.
You don't get it. And that's ok. Not everyone can get it.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
09-12-2013, 08:38 PM
(09-12-2013 08:39 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Chip-on-your-shoulder, I would explain to you Why Wicca was created BY man For man(kind) - as opposed to being only *divinely inspired* - but you'd just keep going in circles with your own opinions. You've already shown great skill for only listening to yourself.

No, you don't "get it". If someone creates a narrative, e.g. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, it is designated fiction. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was also "created BY man For man(kind)" but it isn't a religious narrative.

The distinction between fictitious and religious narrative is that the religious narrative claims to be factual, to be about reality. How does Garnder know about the narrative he constructed around the "Moon Goddess"? Since the "Moon Goddess" didn't tell Gardner what she expects of him how can his doctrine, his narrative, be considered authentic? On page 24 of The Meaning of Witchcraft he says: 'Other people write asking me to expound more fully my ideas of the origins of witchcraft, and the only true answer I can give is, "I don't know"'.

Gardner posits the existence of the "Old Horned God" and of the "Moon Goddess" but how does he know what the nature of the relationship is between those deities and humans? How does he know they want to be involved in his rituals given that he has had no message from them? All prophets and avatars deliver a message from a supposed realm that is otherwise inaccessible; this is true even of Mormonism and Scientology. Even if Gardner could demonstrate that in the distant past there was a specific relationship between the "Moon Goddess" and humans--which he can't--how can he know that the same relationship continues? Since he is making the bulk of it up how it be consistent with the "truth" about the the "Old Horned God" and of the "Moon Goddess"?

As a religion Wicca makes absolutely no sense. Given that Gardner made most of it up why would someone choose his fabrication over anyone else's? To pre-empt your response: if Wiccan's are creating their own religion by using a pick-and-mix approach then that goes to the heart of the problem I am describing. How can something that you are inventing be true?
09-12-2013, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2013 09:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-12-2013 08:39 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Chip-on-your-shoulder, I would explain to you Why Wicca was created BY man For man(kind) - as opposed to being only *divinely inspired* - but you'd just keep going in circles with your own opinions. You've already shown great skill for only listening to yourself.

ChipOnHisDick's got a pole shoved so far up his ass its penetration depth is rivaled only by Chas'. But unlike the old man, he ain't used to it yet. His mommy didn't hug him enough.

(08-12-2013 08:18 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  He's a punk-ass bitch and a chickenshit when confronted. Fuck the sumbitch.

And TequilaYouGottaDrinkTheMockingbirdThatAteTheWorm is just ... well ...

... does have a natural talent for cussing like a goddam drunken sailor so he and Girly got that going for us at least. Thumbsup

(09-12-2013 08:38 PM)Chippy Wrote:  As a religion Wicca makes absolutely no sense.

Give Girly one that does Chippy.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post