[split] It's Supernatural.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2013, 01:42 AM
RE: [split] It's Supernatural.
OMFG....He is SERIOUSLY continuing this?
Seriously?
Is this usual behavior for him?

(10-12-2013 09:04 PM)Chippy Wrote:  --the irrelevant point that WS is no longer a Wiccan
--the irrelevant point that all religions are made up

--You are asserting that someone should be held accountable for a past mistake...forever. Nobody is using past religious decisions AS an argument for or against Wicca; YOU are asserting that mistakes follow someone forever even after they are rectified, and we are telling you that you are wrong about that. You can sit here and talk in circles all you want, but you ARE flat out wrong about that. (Let me repeat this because you can't quite grasp it: You ARE wrong. Very, very wrong.) Unless someone performs Hitler-caliber, crime-against-humanity type shit, EVERYONE is forgivable. I wonder now if you bait people into little side conversations like this all the time just so you can use what gets said as a strawman argument for the primary discussion. If so, you are a very sad individual.

--When discussing the "legitimacy" of various forms of fiction, the fact that all given examples ARE INDEED FICTION is actually QUITE pertinent to the conversation. You are saying that the very essence of the conversation is irrelevant because it makes another convenient strawman for you. Meanwhile, you haven't addressed ANY of the criticisms and legitimate questions *we* have asked *you* over this. When it became apparent that you just wanted everyone to agree with you without any actual work involved on your end, THAT is when the funny pictures started. You are, as I have already mentioned, just ignoring our arguments and restating your own opinions with assumed victory. It finally got to the point where we tired of intelligently debating someone who isn't interested in a real debate--you just want to 'be right.'

Actually, everything you are accusing us of doing....is exactly what YOU are doing. Way to go, ass hole. Just keep believing that the better con artists deserve to be followed. Humanity could sure use another round of the dark ages, right?!

Last but not least: This nebulous concept of "doublethink" that you are so fixated on doesn't even exist. It is a term you invented to try to convince others that one piece of fiction is somehow "faker" than other forms of fiction. You, for real, might want to consider seeing a therapist to work out your issues with people of neopagan faiths. I was literally diagnosed with PTSD because of what my old coven did to me, and *I* don't even go on the internet to bad mouth the entire religion. You have a shit ton of growing up to do.

Everyone else, I have a question. Does this forum have a function that allows me to block/ignore other members? I don't want to see this fucking troll's posts anymore.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 03:23 AM
(11-12-2013 01:42 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  (Let me repeat this because you can't quite grasp it: You ARE wrong. Very, very wrong.) Unless someone performs Hitler-caliber, crime-against-humanity type shit, EVERYONE is forgivable.

This has nothing to do with whether it is "forgivable". The point is whether someone that is so gullible can ever rid themselves of their gullibility. Some people are repeatedly taken in by con-artists, they are incorrigibly gullible.

Quote: I wonder now if you bait people into little side conversations like this all the time just so you can use what gets said as a strawman argument for the primary discussion. If so, you are a very sad individual.

WTF are you talking about?

Quote:--When discussing the "legitimacy" of various forms of fiction, the fact that all given examples ARE INDEED FICTION is actually QUITE pertinent to the conversation.

That doesn't make any sense. I am unable to extract any meaning from it.

Quote: You are saying that the very essence of the conversation is irrelevant because it makes another convenient strawman for you.

As above.

Quote: Meanwhile, you haven't addressed ANY of the criticisms and legitimate questions *we* have asked *you* over this.

Such as? What "legitimate questions"?

Quote:You are, as I have already mentioned, just ignoring our arguments and restating your own opinions with assumed victory. It finally got to the point where we tired of intelligently debating someone who isn't interested in a real debate--you just want to 'be right.'

What arguments? Do you even know what an argument is? Intelligently debating? When? Where? I'm the only person in this thread that has submitted any argumentation.

Quote:Last but not least: This nebulous concept of "doublethink" that you are so fixated on doesn't even exist. It is a term you invented to try to convince others that one piece of fiction is somehow "faker" than other forms of fiction.

Actually, no you ignorant bitch the term doublethink was coined by Orwell. You are an ignoramus.

Quote: You, for real, might want to consider seeing a therapist to work out your issues with people of neopagan faiths.

So being involved in "neopagan faiths" isn't pathological, it is criticising them that is indicative of pathology? Good luck with that.

Quote: I was literally diagnosed with PTSD because of what my old coven did to me, and *I* don't even go on the internet to bad mouth the entire religion.

So fucking what? You don't get to decide how or what I criticise just because your "old coven" traumatised you.

So you were surprised that a bunch of people in the 21-st century that believe in witchcraft were aberrant? You are a fucking idiot.

Quote:You have a shit ton of growing up to do.

Says the person that was a member of a coven.

Quote:Everyone else, I have a question. Does this forum have a function that allows me to block/ignore other members? I don't want to see this fucking troll's posts anymore.

Yes there is a ignore function and I will be adding you to the list.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2013, 03:42 AM
If there is anybody young reading this right now, let this be a lesson to you.
When you grind axes on the internet you just look like a sad hater. Wink

(11-12-2013 01:42 AM)I Wrote:  Everyone else, I have a question. Does this forum have a function that allows me to block/ignore other members? I don't want to see this fucking troll's posts anymore.

Never mind on this point. Someone led me to it. <3

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
11-12-2013, 04:18 AM
(11-12-2013 03:23 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Yes there is a ignore function and I will be adding you to the list.
So much for "the first and only one". Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
11-12-2013, 04:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 04:53 AM by Chippy.)
(11-12-2013 04:18 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 03:23 AM)Chippy Wrote:  Yes there is a ignore function and I will be adding you to the list.
So much for "the first and only one". Tongue

Once I used it I liked it. There are three in there now. If you are from the Anglophone world and you don't know who George Orwell is then you are an ignoramus and I doubt you will be able to inform me of anything.

What the fuck do they teach in US high schools? Nineteen Eighty-Four has even seeped into popular culture; the stupid reality show Big Brother is named after an Orwellian idea. Nineteen Eighty-Four is number 8 in the BBCs Big Read survey.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that someone that was a member of a witches' coven is culturally illiterate.

GirlyMan, do you know who George Orwell is?

Cut-and-paste between the marks, it's forum gold.

-------------------------------------------------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Girly don't care a shit what you say.

[Image: bth_obese-man.jpg]

Girly got a degree in computer science. Girly read a book. Girly got hemorrhoids. Girly knows someone that disagrees with you. Girly is his own personal jesus. Girly is a fat middle-aged bloke that refers to himself in the 3rd-person.
-------------------------------------------------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what it all means or what its significance is either.
11-12-2013, 04:54 AM
(11-12-2013 04:48 AM)Chippy Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 04:18 AM)Vosur Wrote:  So much for "the first and only one". Tongue

Once I used it I liked it. There are three in there now. If you are from the Anglophone world and you don't know who George Orwell is then you are an ignoramus and I doubt you will be able to inform me of anything.

What the fuck do they teach in US high schools? Nineteen Eighty-Four has even seeped into popular culture; the stupid reality show Big Brother is named after an Orwellian idea. Nineteen Eighty-Four is number 8 in the BBCs Big Read survey.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that someone that was a member of a witches' coven is culturally illiterate.

GirlyMan, do you know who George Orwell is?

Cut-and-paste between the marks, it's forum gold.

Girly don't care a shit what you say.

[Image: bth_obese-man.jpg]

Girly got a degree in computer science. Girly read a book. Girly got hemorrhoids. Girly knows someone that disagrees with you. Girly is his own personal jesus. Girly is a fat middle-aged bloke that refers to himself in the 3rd-person.

I don't know what it all means or what its significance is either.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
11-12-2013, 04:58 AM
(11-12-2013 04:54 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

My favourite director. My favourite movie.
11-12-2013, 05:03 AM
For the dramaturgical virtuosity:

11-12-2013, 07:08 AM
(11-12-2013 01:42 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Everyone else, I have a question. Does this forum have a function that allows me to block/ignore other members? I don't want to see this fucking troll's posts anymore.

IF you click on his name and go to his profile - on the far right of your screen there's choices to "add to buddy list" or "Add to ignore list". You'll know what to do.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
11-12-2013, 07:10 AM
(10-12-2013 09:04 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 06:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, it's an assertion. A true one.

Whether an assertion is true is entirely dependent on whether it is substantiated with either argumentation or evidence. Asserting that an assertion is true doesn't make it true.

I am the only person in this thread that has presented any arguments. Pleading and emoting and posting animated gifs doesn't amount to anything. Review what you have posted:
--the irrelevant point that WS is no longer a Wiccan
--the irrelevant point that all religions are made up

Wicca does demand of its adherents the capacity for doublethink. No one in this thread has refuted this claim nor have they been able to cite another religion which requires doublethink.

Wicca is generally categorised as a postmodern religion by sociologists of religion. If it is a postmodern religion then that too distinguishes it from most other religions. That also communicates something about its adherents.

Comparative religion is a legitimate discipline as is the sociology of religion. Your, Cephalotus' and GirlyMan's generalization ("All religions are made up so don't worry about it") is just crass, lazy and besides the point. It is also a false claim that all religions/cults are equally irrational. That is demonstrably false. Cutting off your testicles and killing yourself so that you can hitch a ride on a space craft is clearly a more deranged belief than the sacrament of baptism. Flattening out the irrationality of all religions/cults--by declaration as if that were sufficient--in order to be sycophantic and to try and antagonise me suggests both you and GirlyMan lack intellectual integrity.

I'm not going to be moved from a considered opinion merely because you made a series of irrelevant assertions and GirlyMan posted pictures of a fat guy and he refers to himself in the 3rd-person. I would be a fuckhead if I did that. That we are on a skeptical forum and you expect that is all the more lamentable.

What we are pointing out is that your argument is a trivial, hair-splitting one, you take yourself far too seriously, and we are mocking it and you.

Is it clear now?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post