[split] It's Supernatural.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2013, 09:38 PM
RE: [split] It's Supernatural.
(11-12-2013 09:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Her clear and unambiguous statement that she no longer believes in Wicca has been pointed out to you multiple times.

You are either a liar or just stupid.

Or you are wrong and stupid. That is a possibility that you appear to have overlooked.

So you are basically insisting that I should--for no good reason--defer my judgement to you? You are convinced so I too should be convinced? Is that what you are saying?

That this is nothing more than the next chapter of a life apparently filled with self-deception is not a possibility? How do you know that this isn't just more doublethink? What grounds do you have for taking anything this person says at face value? I can't find any such warrant? When I look at the posts and the extraneous details I see a confusion, a muddle-headedness and an ambivalence.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 09:40 PM
(11-12-2013 07:46 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Says the person who wished cancer on others and threw the word cunt around like it was a wet towel.

What has that got to do with the distinction between an argument and an assertion?
11-12-2013, 09:55 PM
(11-12-2013 09:14 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 09:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Her clear and unambiguous statement that she no longer believes in Wicca has been pointed out to you multiple times.

You are either a liar or just stupid.

Or it could be that I think in this case actions speak much louder than a wishy-washy abnegation.

So where is the post-mortem report of Wicca? The forum is full of accounts from ex-Christians about the loss of their faith. Even the shortest of accounts refer to some aspect(s) of Christianity that eventually sunk their faith. It is incongruous that someone that claims to have renounced a religion has absolutely no criticism to make of that religion.

"I no longer believe in Wicca because........" ?

Seriously? No one owes you an explanation. Who the fuck do you think you are to demand one?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-12-2013, 09:57 PM
(11-12-2013 08:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  By all means, let's make sure we don't allow justified criticism of a psychotic blowhard make him feel unwelcome in any way, that would just be too unkind. Dodgy

This sort of hyperbole only adds to the impression that you exude as the neighbourhood old crackpot that chases teenagers off the the public space in front of his house for some specious reason. Were you shaking your liver-spotted fist when you clicked the Post Reply button?

Silly old fart.
11-12-2013, 10:00 PM
(11-12-2013 09:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  Seriously? No one owes you an explanation. Who the fuck do you think you are to demand one?

Where is the "demand"? All I have done is report the conspicuous absence of any such explanation and its incongruity. Who the fuck do you think you are to dictate to me what I am to regard as having evidentiary value?

Silly old prick.
11-12-2013, 10:07 PM
(11-12-2013 09:57 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 08:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  By all means, let's make sure we don't allow justified criticism of a psychotic blowhard make him feel unwelcome in any way, that would just be too unkind. Dodgy

This sort of hyperbole only adds to the impression that you exude as the neighbourhood old crackpot that chases teenagers off the the public space in front of his house for some specious reason. Were you shaking your liver-spotted fist when you clicked the Post Reply button?

Silly old fart.

Egomaniacal asshole.

11-12-2013, 10:09 PM
(11-12-2013 10:00 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 09:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  Seriously? No one owes you an explanation. Who the fuck do you think you are to demand one?

Where is the "demand"? All I have done is report the conspicuous absence of any such explanation and its incongruity. Who the fuck do you think you are to dictate to me what I am to regard as having evidentiary value?

Silly old prick.

All you have done is to badger and demand. You are a not quite right in the head.

11-12-2013, 10:14 PM

Is that old crackpot logic?

An observation that something is absent is to be read as no less than a demand for the presence of that thing.

Really? So this is you rationally arguing a point? You are bickering like the crotchety old fart that you are.
11-12-2013, 10:16 PM
(11-12-2013 10:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are a not quite right in the head.

Is that an expression of solidarity?
11-12-2013, 10:19 PM
I predict that Chas is next on the troll's ignore list.

And when it happens, you can all worship me as a Prophet Profit of Gawd. Tongue

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user