[split] It's Supernatural.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: [split] It's Supernatural.
(11-12-2013 09:40 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 07:46 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Says the person who wished cancer on others and threw the word cunt around like it was a wet towel.

What has that got to do with the distinction between an argument and an assertion?

Nothing. If you hold issue with my reply, that's your right.

"I don't see it/recognize it, therefore it's not there." seems abit daft, no? Consider

You are thoroughly enjoying yourself in this thread, I presume? Smile

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
12-12-2013, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 03:10 PM by kim.)
(12-12-2013 04:56 AM)Chippy Wrote:  True but there are many incongruities and those support my position. Watch and see. I am confident that my position will be vindicated.

Ah, incongruities; the oddities which make humans human.

Disjointed attributes may very well be the things which help us to process confusing and even disparaging uncertainties about ourselves. We take our directional queues from the reaction we get from others about these uncertainties and possible dysfunctions.

I think we often act them out in environments we consider comfortable to see how they will play to the maddening crowd. We build our circles within our circles and some circles become test environments for other circles and most importantly, our own private processing. The mind is often a disjointed complexity.
Though I do see what you are saying, I can not comment on taking a "position" about another's outward behavior reflecting anything specific - it's not something I personally do with any frequency. I understand that a person's outward behavior might indeed, conflict with that person's inner processing. On this forum, I take many behaviors with a grain of salt because I don't know a person's inner struggles.

I fully understand it is possible to gain insight from another's reaction to a certain behavior but, instead of risking taking off heads, I just usually ask questions. I know that the only thing I can control is myself and if I want to know something about someone I usually ask. And yes, they might not be at a place to give me a straight answer but ... I can only know what someone tells me. I try not to have expectations.

I only see what someone shows me... so, this may very well be how you attribute what you see as an insight to WS. However, it is not the only thing she might be. Focusing on particular attributes can only narrow the overall picture we get of someone and can cause us to fixate, further narrowing our view. In this way, they may become, in our eyes, not who they really are rather, a blend of what we've assumed them to be based on only presentation and assumption.

Often being here is like separating the tastes and flavors of different fruits after they've been through a high speed blender. It is frequently fairly easy to say, "Ah, that's it." and just gulp it down but sometimes... sometimes, I personally just have to hope it's not my favorite fruity flavor mixed into the hemlock I know I'm about to drink. Dodgy

This is a reason I previously suggested stepping back - it helps to get the full picture. I have to do it constantly - as I said, I can only control myself. And oh yes, I always watch ... sometimes it just takes a bit more time and effort to fully see. Wink

I do however, appreciate your insight on a great many things, Chippy. I've not always agreed but it often takes time to think about what people say, why they say it, and where they are coming from in saying it. Much of the time, the gist mightn't be fully attained in a gathering of posts on a shitty forum. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
12-12-2013, 05:38 PM
(12-12-2013 08:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  Have you ever wondered why you end up in the viper's pit or do you just not give a shit?

I just don't give a shit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2013, 05:55 PM
(12-12-2013 05:38 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 08:53 AM)Dom Wrote:  Have you ever wondered why you end up in the viper's pit or do you just not give a shit?

I just don't give a shit.

I see. Too bad, cause you have some interesting things to say.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-12-2013, 08:00 PM
(12-12-2013 05:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  I see. Too bad, cause you have some interesting things to say.

What is "too bad" about it? How is that a loss to me? I know I have interesting things to say. That is why the views on these two threads keep rising. The people that are viewing these threads want to read what I post; they don't give a shit what WitchSabrina or Taqiyya Mockingbird is posting.
12-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Note to self: ChipOnHisDick's got a narcissistic messianic complex. cf. Ego®.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-12-2013, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 09:08 PM by grizzlysnake.)
(12-12-2013 08:00 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 05:55 PM)Dom Wrote:  I see. Too bad, cause you have some interesting things to say.

What is "too bad" about it? How is that a loss to me? I know I have interesting things to say. That is why the views on these two threads keep rising. The people that are viewing these threads want to read what I post; they don't give a shit what WitchSabrina or Taqiyya Mockingbird is posting.
Everyone loves a sideshow.
Granted, you do have interesting insights to many things but you're oblivious to the pure entertainment value of what is the vipers pit. People genuinely like being disturbed, shocked, and the suspense. This is why horror movies are so popular. They don't come for the story.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
12-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Haha, I just keep reading this to see why it is still going on. I glaze over 90% of what Chippy says, and check why other people are still addressing him in this endless circular argument (not the fallacy). I don't see any reason to keep addressing Chippy as he has made his position, and how set he is in it, pretty clear.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
12-12-2013, 08:38 PM
(12-12-2013 01:10 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  "I don't see it/recognize it, therefore it's not there." seems abit daft, no? Consider

What has me calling someone a "cunt" got to do with whether anyone in this thread has rebutted any of my arguments? That I called someone a "cunt" doesn't somehow magically render my arguments refutable by mere assertion.

If I am being "daft" then explain to my how me calling someone a cunt alters the concept of justification or warrant. How has me calling someone a "cunt" altered logical deduction and evidence such that assertion will now accomplish what only argumentation could previously accomplish?

Do you have anything substantive to contribute?

Do you have more pop-psychology to share? You claim to have have profiling skills that even the FBIs best profilers don't claim for themselves. You also claim to have cold reading skills that Ian Rowland--the man that literally wrote the book on the topic--doesn't claim for himself. You are delusional. Your posts are like those of a naive teenager that thinks they are experts in psychiatry and psychology because they have read a few pop-psychology books.

Quote:You are thoroughly enjoying yourself in this thread, I presume? Smile

No, I am not "thoroughly enjoying" myself. Posting in this thread is the same as posting in any other thread and posting to any forum on any topic at any time has never produced "thorough enjoyment". Having sex, eating a nice meal with good company, and using drugs produces "throrough enjoyment". Correcting your idiotic posts is tedious, mundane and tiresome. Yesterday I cleaned out the cat's litter box. The joy I got from that is the same as I got in composing this post. You aren't entertaining, insightful or clever. You are ignorant, boring and stupid.

As I said, you are delsuional. You live in some imaginary world where you are all of the TV forensic experts rolled into one.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
12-12-2013, 08:55 PM
(12-12-2013 08:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Note to self: ChipOnHisDick's got a narcissistic messianic complex. cf. Ego®.

You refer to yourself in the 3rd-person and you incessantly boast about having graduated from a top-tier university in computer science. I know more about your biography than I want to--I even know what you look like. Your posts consist largely of you providing unsolicited information about yourself (in the 3rd person) and you do so regardless of the thread topic. Every topic invariably comes to involve some biographical detail of yours: that you inject testosterone, that you have a masters in computer science, that your wife is Catholic, that you graduated from a prestigious university, that you are obese, that you like "bears", that you have bowel irregularities, etc. I can list these off the top of my head because you have repeated them all, some of them many times. It is you that is narcissistic. You seem compelled to (repeatedly) share the details of your mundane life as an obese estrogenic computer programmer with an irritable bowel. Wow, an obese computer programmer. You don't see many of those.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post