[split] It's Supernatural.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 09:04 PM
RE: [split] It's Supernatural.
(12-12-2013 08:38 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 01:10 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  "I don't see it/recognize it, therefore it's not there." seems abit daft, no? Consider

What has me calling someone a "cunt" got to do with whether anyone in this thread has rebutted any of my arguments? That I called someone a "cunt" doesn't somehow magically render my arguments refutable by mere assertion.

If I am being "daft" then explain to my how me calling someone a cunt alters the concept of justification or warrant. How has me calling someone a "cunt" altered logical deduction and evidence such that assertion will now accomplish what only argumentation could previously accomplish?

Do you have anything substantive to contribute?

Do you have more pop-psychology to share? You claim to have have profiling skills that even the FBIs best profilers don't claim for themselves. You also claim to have cold reading skills that Ian Rowland--the man that literally wrote the book on the topic--doesn't claim for himself. You are delusional. Your posts are like those of a naive teenager that thinks they are experts in psychiatry and psychology because they have read a few pop-psychology books.

Quote:You are thoroughly enjoying yourself in this thread, I presume? Smile

No, I am not "thoroughly enjoying" myself. Posting in this thread is the same as posting in any other thread and posting to any forum on any topic at any time has never produced "thorough enjoyment". Having sex, eating a nice meal with good company, and using drugs produces "throrough enjoyment". Correcting your idiotic posts is tedious, mundane and tiresome. Yesterday I cleaned out the cat's litter box. The joy I got from that is the same as I got in composing this post. You aren't entertaining, insightful or clever. You are ignorant, boring and stupid.

As I said, you are delsuional. You live in some imaginary world where you are all of the TV forensic experts rolled into one.

Well isn't that nice. Smile It's good to see you've stepped down from finding it amusing watching people impale themselves on your posts to this. Never forget the good times - it's so easy for them to dissappear. No

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 09:10 PM
(12-12-2013 08:14 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Granted, you do have interesting insights to many things

Yes and that is all that matters at the end of the day.

Quote: but your oblivious to the pure entertainment value of what is the vipers pit.

You are = you're

I'm not oblivious, I just don't care.

Quote: People genuinely like being disturbed, shocked, and the suspense.
This is why horror movies are so popular. They don't come for the story.

Yes and that is consistent with what I posted. People read this thread because I post to it. People read my posts for a variety of reasons. Some because as you admitted I "have interesting insights to many things", some because they are entertained and some for both. Take what you want from my posts. I post no differently in this thread than I do any other thread, the "Viper's Pit" has no special significance to me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2013, 09:12 PM
(12-12-2013 08:15 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I don't see any reason to keep addressing Chippy as he has made his position, and how set he is in it, pretty clear.

Exactly. And no one if offering anything new, i.e. a rebuttal.
12-12-2013, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 09:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-12-2013 08:55 PM)Chippy Wrote:  I know more about your biography than I want to--I even know what you look like. ... It is you that is narcissistic.

Would you like to see my cock as well? It's not very big but it's all I got to work with.

(12-12-2013 08:00 PM)Chippy Wrote:  The people that are viewing these threads want to read what I post; they don't give a shit what WitchSabrina or Taqiyya Mockingbird is posting.

Actually, I'm far more interested in Tequila's latest vulgar ad hominem, dude's got a natural talent, and Witchy Woman's company than what you have to say. But don't let that stop you. Pontificate away ChipOnADick, pontificate away.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
12-12-2013, 09:29 PM
(12-12-2013 09:04 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Well isn't that nice. Smile It's good to see you've stepped down from finding it amusing watching people impale themselves on your posts to this. Never forget the good times - it's so easy for them to dissappear. No

My behaviour is unchanged since I joined this forum. You are inventing a narrative in a vain attempt to convince yourself that you are in possession of some special insight. It is still amusing to watch an idiot like you trying to be clever but it isn't and never was "thoroughly enjoyable". You are "impaling" yourself without any effort or invitation on my part. You have no cogent point to make, you have no argument to propose, you have no evidence to share. You have nothing besides a delusion about your knowledge and intelligence and a fantastic narrative which celebrates you as some sort of virtuoso (amateur) forensic psychiatrist. You come across as a teenager with an overactive imagination.
12-12-2013, 09:32 PM
(12-12-2013 09:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Would you like to see my cock as well? It's not very big but it's all I got to work with.

I'm sure it is only a matter of time before you share that with the forum also.

Quote:Actually, I'm far more interested in Tequila's latest vulgar ad hominem, dude's got a natural talent, and Witchy Woman's company than what you have to say. But don't let that stop you. Pontificate away ChipOnADick, pontificate away.

Well then shut the fuck up and continue reading.
12-12-2013, 09:32 PM
(12-12-2013 09:29 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 09:04 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Well isn't that nice. Smile It's good to see you've stepped down from finding it amusing watching people impale themselves on your posts to this. Never forget the good times - it's so easy for them to dissappear. No

My behaviour is unchanged since I joined this forum. You are inventing a narrative in a vain attempt to convince yourself that you are in possession of some special insight. It is still amusing to watch an idiot like you trying to be clever but it isn't and never was "thoroughly enjoyable". You are "impaling" yourself without any effort or invitation on my part. You have no cogent point to make, you have no argument to propose, you have no evidence to share. You have nothing besides a delusion about your knowledge and intelligence and a fantastic narrative which celebrates you as some sort of virtuoso (amateur) forensic psychiatrist. You come across as a teenager with an overactive imagination.

You would like to see my cock? Is that what you're trying to say?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
12-12-2013, 09:51 PM
(12-12-2013 09:10 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 08:14 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Granted, you do have interesting insights to many things

Yes and that is all that matters at the end of the day.

Quote: but your oblivious to the pure entertainment value of what is the vipers pit.

You are = you're

I'm not oblivious, I just don't care.

Quote: People genuinely like being disturbed, shocked, and the suspense.
This is why horror movies are so popular. They don't come for the story.

Yes and that is consistent with what I posted. People read this thread because I post to it. People read my posts for a variety of reasons. Some because as you admitted I "have interesting insights to many things", some because they are entertained and some for both. Take what you want from my posts. I post no differently in this thread than I do any other thread, the "Viper's Pit" has no special significance to me.
Then branch out, there are members who actually think they have "psi" abilities who really do need some sense knocked into them. Yes it's an opinion but your attack on beliefs that no one holds anymore is purely sisyphean. Do you really want to help this girl that doesn't need help or just spit at her every word? You're not going to get what you want. Accept it and move on. No one has to publicly renounce their beliefs, it isn't a requirement of any sort.

The rest of the community I see that you might be disillusioned since it isn't the idealistic skeptical community that you sought. I had some disillusionment myself when I joined, but I can accept it for what it is. For the most part they are very relaxed here and don't mind having some fun. Its ragtag, everyone here is so vastly different and have many different ideas and a vast array of humours. You actually played a nice joke once before, don't think anybody expected that. Get out of this viper's pit man, explore. Maybe you can find another community to your liking if you view this one as intolerable.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
12-12-2013, 10:18 PM
(12-12-2013 09:51 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Then branch out, there are members who actually think they have "psi" abilities who really do need some sense knocked into them.

I do. I criticise Luminion and Gordon. Read my posts.

Quote: Yes it's an opinion but your attack on beliefs that no one holds anymore is purely sisyphean.

Have you read Camus' The Myth of Sisyphus?

Quote:Do you really want to help this girl that doesn't need help or just spit at her every word? You're not going to get what you want. Accept it and move on. No one has to publicly renounce their beliefs, it isn't a requirement of any sort.

I neither want or expect that to happen. I merely observed that it--incongruously-- has not happened and is unlikely to happen.

Quote:The rest of the community I see that you might be disillusioned since it isn't the idealistic skeptical community that you sought. I had some disillusionment myself when I joined, but I can accept it for what it is.

The first sentence is ungrammatical but I think I understand what you are saying from the second sentence. Yes, a little disillusioned but there are some clever and knowledgeable people on this forum that I do learn things from.

Quote:Get out of this viper's pit man, explore.

I'm not only posting here in the Viper's Pit.

Quote:Maybe you can find another community to your liking if you view this one as intolerable.

If it were "intolerable" I would leave.
12-12-2013, 10:25 PM
(12-12-2013 10:18 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Have you read Camus' The Myth of Sisyphus?

Ummm .... yes, yes I think I have.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.