[split] It's Supernatural.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: It's Supernatural.
Oh, Chippy, Chippy. Did you miss this? Consider

(22-11-2013 08:04 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I'd be the first to admit that supernatural or magic is bullshit. No worries. Mostly you'll see me make jokes about it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
04-12-2013, 08:36 PM
(04-12-2013 07:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, Chippy, Chippy. Did you miss this? Consider

(22-11-2013 08:04 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I'd be the first to admit that supernatural or magic is bullshit. No worries. Mostly you'll see me make jokes about it.
Sure makes you wonder what bullshit chippy once believed in to have this massive chip on his shoulderConsider

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
04-12-2013, 08:52 PM
(04-12-2013 07:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, Chippy, Chippy. Did you miss this? Consider

No. Tense in this case is irrelevant. That someone did believe in such shit is sufficient.
04-12-2013, 09:00 PM
(04-12-2013 08:36 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Sure makes you wonder what bullshit chippy once believed in to have this massive chip on his shoulderConsider

Nothing this stupid and not as an adult. Believing something that someone tells you they made up requires a special sort of stupidity. Devoting 30-years of your adult life to such a fabrication requires an extra-special sort of stupidity. That is standard-worthy stupidity and gullibility. It is monumental gullibility and stupidity.

If someone can believe such shit in 20th-Century USA then they are mentally defective. I also believe the same for members of CoS.
04-12-2013, 09:04 PM
(04-12-2013 07:18 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  chippy against the world

I won't bend my position merely because someone claims to be an atheist or in a pathetic display of herd behaviour.
04-12-2013, 09:05 PM
(04-12-2013 08:52 PM)Chippy Wrote:  

No. Tense in this case is irrelevant. That someone did believe in such shit is sufficient.

Now you are just being a complete and utter ignorant asshole.Drinking Beverage

[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
04-12-2013, 09:15 PM
(04-12-2013 09:04 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 07:18 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  chippy against the world

I won't bend my position merely because someone claims to be an atheist or in a pathetic display of herd behaviour.

we know that im sure
would you consider yourself a contrarian?

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2013, 09:22 PM
(04-12-2013 09:15 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  we know that im sure
would you consider yourself a contrarian?

No, I'm more of an asshole--in the best sense of the word of course. Wink

Village atheists annoy me as much as they annoy the religious. HoC described me as "anti-anti-intellectualism" and that is accurate.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
04-12-2013, 09:40 PM
(04-12-2013 09:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Now you are just being a complete and utter ignorant asshole.Drinking Beverage

No, I would say that I am being an utter cognizant asshole.

I'm not going to act as if believing in Harry Potter-style magic in the 21st-Century in the developed world is normal. It is perverse and disgusting. It is an insult to Western civilisation and achievment and all those that contributed to it. It is an intellectual crime; that it was committed is sufficient.

My view is that anyone that wants to uphold Stone Age beliefs should live in Stone Age conditions and test their commitment to their primitive superstitions. It is easy to be a Wiccan when you live in the suburbs with potable water on tap, electricity, access to modern medicine and a huge scientific-technical culture that makes the life you take for granted possible. Modern-day beliefs in witchcraft in the developed world are perversions of affluence and should be responded to as such.
04-12-2013, 09:42 PM
(04-12-2013 09:40 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(04-12-2013 09:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  Now you are just being a complete and utter ignorant asshole.Drinking Beverage

No, I would say that I am being an utter cognizant asshole.

I'm not going to act as if believing in Harry Potter-style magic in the 21st-Century in the developed world is normal. It is perverse and disgusting. It is an insult to Western civilisation and achievment and all those that contributed to it. It is an intellectual crime, that it was committed is sufficient.

My view is that anyone that wants to uphold Stone Age beliefs should live in Stone Age conditions and test their commitment to their primitive superstitions. It is easy to be a Wiccan when you live in the suburbs with potable water on tap, electricity, access to modern medicine and a huge scientific-technical culture that makes the life you take for granted possible. Modern-day beliefs in witchcraft in the developed world are perversions of affluence and should be responded to as such.

You are ignorant because you seemingly don't understand that a young person might have beliefs that through education and wisdom are subsequently left behind.

And you are being an asshole about it. You need to grow up.

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post