Fucking Chippy. Big Grin

Imma witch, so there! And Sabrina cannot be stupid 'cause she's adorable. Heart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-12-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: [split] It's Supernatural.
Chippy, calling yourself resilient isn't going to change the fact that you are just being stubborn about something that is out of your control. Every time you post about this subject it becomes more and more apparent that you are trolling. You aren't even trying to hide it.

Also: Your attitude towards senior citizens (particularly female senior citizens) is laughable. People who are lucky enough to live that long all get gray hair and wrinkles. It is a fact of life. You might want to consider seeing a therapist to work out your issues with aging and Wicca.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Cephalotus's post
06-12-2013, 11:22 PM
(06-12-2013 11:07 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Chippy, calling yourself resilient isn't going to change the fact that you are just being stubborn about something that is out of your control.

I think my opinions are within my "control" given the everyday and legal senses of the word "control". My reslience means that I don't give a shit for the tosspots on this thread.

Quote:Every time you post about this subject it becomes more and more apparent that you are trolling. You aren't even trying to hide it.

Every time I post about this subject it should become clear that I don't care what you or anyone else thinks of me. I'm not going to yield to attempts at intimidation or shaming.

Quote:Also: Your attitude towards senior citizens (particularly female senior citizens) is laughable.

No, what is laughable is people that can't come to terms with their aging. Those people do stupid things like grow ponytails, ride bicycles wearing lycra, compete with their daughters etc.

Quote:People who are lucky enough to live that long all get gray hair and wrinkles. It is a fact of life.

No shit.

Quote:You might want to consider seeing a therapist to work out your issues with aging

I have no issue with aging.

Quote: and Wicca.

When you need to resort to trying to pathologise an opinion that is different to your own you may as well concede defeat. You are spent.
07-12-2013, 12:22 AM
Can't wait to see chippy take on Egor.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-12-2013, 01:57 AM
Chippy, you still never answered my question of what you are trying to accomplish by berating Sabrina.

[Image: giphy.gif]
07-12-2013, 02:48 AM
(07-12-2013 01:57 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Chippy, you still never answered my question of what you are trying to accomplish by berating Sabrina.

I did. I said I am communicating a comprehensive disgust.

All of the responses have vindicated my initial disgust. If Chas protests I know that my posts are warranted. If someone posts a series of "internet memes" and claims that I am somehow stalking them when I live in another hemisphere than they do and this is the first I have seen of them then again I know my posts are warranted. If some retard that can't distinguish between tangible and objective protests again I know my posts are warranted.

Pathetic bunch of turds. Regarding answers, my commentary regarding the authenticity of Wicca has not been answered. As such I continue to believe that if you have the potential to believe in Wicca then you are a special type of stupid.
07-12-2013, 02:51 AM
[split] It's Supernatural.
(06-12-2013 03:50 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  They are tough to debate.

Yeah right. Like you huh?
07-12-2013, 06:16 AM
(06-12-2013 01:08 AM)Chippy Wrote:  And unfortunately I am related to a former Wiccan...

Aha! So... you're projecting. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
07-12-2013, 07:13 AM
So Chippy,

I can't help noticing that you don't spend much time or energy finding out what people believe, and why they believe it. You seem permanently on the offensive which even when your facts are grounded is not persuasive, fails to effectively communicate, and is not conducive to community or good cheer.

I don't go around following every post or thread you make and I don't know what you have read, so I might be mistaken or off base in this observation. This is a split thread so perhaps there is some extra-thread content I am missing here. But given the assumption that this thread is all there is to consider it seems consistent with reality.

This is also not the only thread where I have observed a disconnect between the argument you are making and the person you are making the argument to. So if as it seems you do not intend to effectively communicate with the target of your argument, what is the purpose of your communication? Is it to express something about yourself to members of this board? Is it not intended for communication at all but instead as a cathartic exercise on your behalf? ie.

1. Are you trying to make a compelling argument to a person who seems to have beliefs you do not share, or at least to convey some useful information?
2. Are you trying to make some kind of "more sceptical than thou" case and build a reputation in that respect?
3. Are you trying to maintain a high signal to noise ratio on the board, a high ratio of sense to nonsense, etc?
4. Are you more or less coming on to the board to let off some steam?

If (1), perhaps a change in approach would be effective. In particular consider addressing the argument a person is making rather than attacking a strawman of what you think they believe. If you are going to address someone's beliefs, consider finding out in detail what those beliefs are in order to address them in a more effective and communicative manner.
If (2), perhaps a board more focused on sceptical thought would be a better place to make your mark? As with the failure to communicate effectively with the subjects of your arguments, I gather that I'm not the only one finding your tone a barrier to community. The board members who I most consider compatible with my "in" group are those who take the time to argue carefully. High levels of aggression don't sit well with me.
If (3), I understand perhaps not wanting to let threads lie in a state where the least competent contribution to a thread ends up being the last word. Perhaps I'm too quick to regard a person as not ready to accept new information on a subject, and leave threads in that state too often. I understand a perspective where you want truth to dominate discussion and to consistently have the last word. I can't sit in judgement over you if this is your intent, but wonder if another tact could achieve the same outcome.
If (4), well everyone needs to let off steam occasionally. Try not to direct it at particular individuals, and try not to let yourself excuse bullying on this basis. Try not to associate too closely personalities on this board with stress triggers. Consider leaving threads you know will just make you angry. Limit posting on those threads to one per day, or skip every other day.
If other, I'm interested to hear what.

Benjamin.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 8 users Like Hafnof's post
07-12-2013, 07:36 AM
(07-12-2013 07:13 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So Chippy,

I can't help noticing that you don't spend much time or energy finding out what people believe, and why they believe it. You seem permanently on the offensive which even when your facts are grounded is not persuasive, fails to effectively communicate, and is not conducive to community or good cheer.

I don't go around following every post or thread you make and I don't know what you have read, so I might be mistaken or off base in this observation. This is a split thread so perhaps there is some extra-thread content I am missing here. But given the assumption that this thread is all there is to consider it seems consistent with reality.

This is also not the only thread where I have observed a disconnect between the argument you are making and the person you are making the argument to. So if as it seems you do not intend to effectively communicate with the target of your argument, what is the purpose of your communication? Is it to express something about yourself to members of this board? Is it not intended for communication at all but instead as a cathartic exercise on your behalf? ie.

1. Are you trying to make a compelling argument to a person who seems to have beliefs you do not share, or at least to convey some useful information?
2. Are you trying to make some kind of "more sceptical than thou" case and build a reputation in that respect?
3. Are you trying to maintain a high signal to noise ratio on the board, a high ratio of sense to nonsense, etc?
4. Are you more or less coming on to the board to let off some steam?

If (1), perhaps a change in approach would be effective. In particular consider addressing the argument a person is making rather than attacking a strawman of what you think they believe. If you are going to address someone's beliefs, consider finding out in detail what those beliefs are in order to address them in a more effective and communicative manner.
If (2), perhaps a board more focused on sceptical thought would be a better place to make your mark? As with the failure to communicate effectively with the subjects of your arguments, I gather that I'm not the only one finding your tone a barrier to community. The board members who I most consider compatible with my "in" group are those who take the time to argue carefully. High levels of aggression don't sit well with me.
If (3), I understand perhaps not wanting to let threads lie in a state where the least competent contribution to a thread ends up being the last word. Perhaps I'm too quick to regard a person as not ready to accept new information on a subject, and leave threads in that state too often. I understand a perspective where you want truth to dominate discussion and to consistently have the last word. I can't sit in judgement over you if this is your intent, but wonder if another tact could achieve the same outcome.
If (4), well everyone needs to let off steam occasionally. Try not to direct it at particular individuals, and try not to let yourself excuse bullying on this basis. Try not to associate too closely personalities on this board with stress triggers. Consider leaving threads you know will just make you angry. Limit posting on those threads to one per day, or skip every other day.
If other, I'm interested to hear what.

Benjamin.
It's really attacking a belief that someone doesn't have anymore. It sounds incredibly futile. You know, you believed in this one thing and now you are cursed..fooorrrreeevvveerrrrr. It's like pummeling a straw man into dust..forever.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 2 users Like grizzlysnake's post